Chapter 15: Cue the new girl.

Maybe a day later...

We were still on Ryloth.

It was a special day, and Zack sure knew it.

"It's your day!" he yelled, and a drum sounded.

"Ugh!" I groaned, and covered my ears with a pillow, not like that did any good.

"Now you better let me through the door!" he yelled. Twi'leks were groaning, which meant that he woke others up, too.

"No, let us sleep!" I yelled back.

"Not happening!"

A second later, and my door was open. Zack, Kari, and my mom walked in.

"Your twenty!" my mom shouted.

"I know!" I smiled.

"Party! Just you and me-" Zack began.

"If you do anything to her, you'll be able to see my sabers really in use. And it won't be fun for you," my mom growled.

He gulped and shut up.

"Anyway, I wanted to tell you that the ship you came in already got fixed." Kari added.

"Already? Man! Whoever worked on it deserves their pay!" I exclaimed.

"What pay?" Kari scoffed. "Anything and everything here is spent on two things. One, surviving. Two, fighting the Empire."

I scoffed in return. "It can't be that bad."

"Sabrina! Look around! Look at me! I woke up in Jabba's Palace one random morning. Things aren't always calm and peaceful in the galaxy! If you actually go outside, and meet people other than Yendor, then you'll see that the Empire totally destroyed Ryloth. Like it destroyed everywhere."

"Happy birthday?" Zack suddenly asked, doing jazz hands.

"What he said!" My mom agreed, also doing jazz hands.

"What's wrong with Kari?" he whispered.

"She probably didn't have her coffee," my mom whispered back.

"Miss Tano, I don't think you could be anymore correct right now." Zack smiled.

"Hey!" Kari snapped. "Zack, from what I gathered, your never serious."

"I am too! When I need to be. Lately I haven't needed to be." he disagreed.

"He always has his bags full of stuff that we could practically ever need." I stood up for him.

"Thank you!" he smiled at me.

"Sabrina, can't you ever have a normal conversation without being sassy? Can't you ever open your eyes and see that not everything is simple? We have to fight, for all kinds of reasons. Can't you flipping see that?" Kari randomly yelled.

For a second, I was silent.

"I know we have to fight. I know this isn't perfect. Don't you get it? I'm being thrust into this fight just like everybody else. I talked to Hera. She's planning on putting us in a squadron. We're not alone anymore, and the fight will be a little bit easier. Hopefully. Though, just the fact that we need to be in a squadron shows how unfair and impossible this is."

"I'm not saying the Empire is fair. I know it isn't. Now stop being so incredibly annoying, alright? And about the sassy thing, ask my mother."

And of course she looked toward my mom for the answer.

"Well, Ahsoka?" Kari asked.

"She's a mini me." she shrugged.

"I've said that before, too." I told her.

"Well, I didn't know you when you were younger." Kari said to her.

"I was sassier than Sabrina, that's for sure."

"How helpful." she rolled her eyes.

"Well, anyway... Now that the ship is fixed, does anyone want to leave?" Zack asked.

And that's when we heard the gunshot.

There stood a girl in the doorway, maybe a year younger than me. She had long brown hair that went past her shoulders, bright blue eyes like mine, all black clothes, and a gun in one hand, with a white lightsaber in the other.

"None of you are going anywhere." she growled.

"Oh, stars, be quiet! We already know who you are! And we will be leaving. Whether you like it or not." I snapped.

"Um... I don't know her." Zack raised a hand.

"Neither do I." Kari agreed.

"Oh, Bri, just keep telling yourself that." she smirked.

"Flip you, Arianza! Z, Mom, K, take her!" I yelled.

"Sure. If she's not going to let us leave on today of all days..." Zack trailed off.

"She's not the enemy. She's not the Empire."

"She's right." Arianza smiled sweetly, in the same way that I would always do. Which is how I knew that wouldn't end well.

"I'm not the Empire. And happy birthday, Sabrina. Because it might just be your last."