Chapter 11: Missing.

We had no choice but to go back to the Ghost.

We looked all around town, but we couldn't find her.

The tracker said that she was currently on Ryloth, which meant I had to find a way to explain everything, and still be able to use the Phantom.

And of course the first thing we saw was...

Nothing.

Sure, I've been gone a few days...

Or weeks...

But surely the rest of the Ghost crew couldn't just disappear.

"Hello?" I asked, knocking on Caleb's door. Silence.

"Is that normal?" Zack asked as he saw my confused expression.

"No, not at all. That room belongs to my friend Kanan, and he always answers me." I frowned.

So I went and knocked on Ezra's door.

"Ez, I'm back. And I have to tell you all something."

"What is it?" Ezra grumpily asked.

"I need to talk to all of you. Where's Kanan?"

"Go away!" he screamed suddenly.

"Okay, Blueberry! I'll let you go decorate pancakes or something!"

(Get it? Blueberry? Decorate pancakes? No... Tough imaginary audience.)

So we walked away from Ezra and Zeb's room, and over to Sabine's.

"Sabine?" I asked while knocking on the door. "I need to talk to all of you about something. Kari."

"Well, Kyliera is in here. She moved in with me last night. Wanna join? We need to talk." Sabine sighed, opening the door.

So instead of Sabine having her own room, we managed to cram another bed in there, although a small one. But it worked.

"Alright, you talk." Sabine and I chorused, then gave a small smile at each other.

"Who's..." Sabine trailed off, glanced at the doorway.

There was Zack, holding a cup. "Hi."

Sabine raised an eyebrow, then grabbed her guns.

"Stop!" I yelled. "He's my friend, Sabine! He's half of the news I needed to tell you!"

The door then slid open, and Hera rushed inside, gun in hand, with tears in her eyes.

"Okay, let me explain. Get everyone into the common room."

A few minutes later, they all sat down on the couch as Zack and I stood.

"Everyone, this is Zack W-"

"I already know who he is." Sabine stood. "Sorry for pointing a gun at you, Zack. You startled me."

He nodded. "No problem, Bine."

"Anyway, everyone, this is Zack Wren." I introduced, and the rest of the crew looked toward Sabine, but said nothing.

"Hi, people." Zack waved.

"Introduce yourselves, guys. Come on, don't be shy!" I gave a small smile.

"I'm Ezra Bridger." Ezra frowned.

"You already know me." Sabine shrugged.

"I'm Zeb Orellios."

"I'm Hera Syndulla." she offered a smile that was obviously fake.

"I'm Kyliera Syndulla." the seven-year old introduced.

Then there was a heavy silence, and I could guess they were sad about Kari.

"Well, turns out that Kari took my ship, which Zack here has a tracker on."

"Wait... That means..." Kylie smiled.

She looked around at the others, who seemed to catch her drift, and the mood lifted a little bit.

They all looked toward me hopefully.

"We know where she is, but since she has my ship, I needed to come back here and get all of you on board with the plan." I explained.

Everyone talked at once.

"I guess that means yes." I laughed. "Hera, can I talk to you for a minute?"

"But-"

"You can put the ship on auto-pilot for a little while. It won't kill you."

She sighed and did so. "Fine." Then she locked the cockpit doors and sat down in her chair. "Now what?"

"Man, girl! Your not really grumpy like this. What's up with you?"

"Everything. Nothing. Why do you care?" Hera snapped.

I held up my hands. "Man! Chill out! Seriously, what's going on with you? Everybody seems to be on edge today. Is it about Kari?"

"Kari has nothing to do with this. I love her, but I know she can handle herself."

"So there is something." I smirked. "And where's Kanan?"

"He... He... We were on a mission at an Imperial radio tower trying to send our own message o-out." she stuttered.

"Hera?" I asked, suddenly concerned by the way she was acting. She never stuttered, she was never actually sad that often. "What happened to Kanan?"

She gave me a sad look, but didn't answer me. Instead, she started to cry.

"Hera! What's wrong? What happened? Who do I have to punch? Is it Lando? Is it Ezra? Is it none of the above?"

She calmed down a bit, and glanced at me in confusion.

"Why would you have to punch somebody? Why would Ezra have anything to do with this?" Hera asked.

"First thing that popped into my mind." I admitted.

"N-no, we thought that the mission was a success, but the Inquisitor and Tarkin showed up. And- and Kanan surrendered to the Empire so the rest of us could get away." she sniffled.

I gasped. Within a second of doing so, Zack held my hand tightly.

Hera finally seemed to notice him and blinked.

"Uh... Who's this? Did he break in?"

I chuckled and shook my head, "No. Weren't you paying any attention when I introduced him?"

"No." she admitted.

"Oh. Well, this is Zack Wren, my-"

"Boyfriend." he chimed in.

"What the- no! Your not my boyfriend! He's not my boyfriend!"

"Nah, but I should be." Zack smiled.?

"Someday soon you might be." I smirked. "So... Obviously we can't go after Kari right now. We have bigger problems. So, how do we get Kanan back?"

"That's the thing," Hera shook her head. "Fulcrum says we can't."

"Your not going to listen to that, are you?" I asked.

"No. Not at all."