Chapter Five

Chapter Song: Outlines- All Time Low

Andy

Today is the day. Today is finally the day I am going to be on my own for sure. I have been staying at Riley's house for about a week or so, and I have felt like I've been using her and her family. I looked into other apartment around the area and I finally found one within my budget. I got it quickly, it was on sale for quite a while.

I knew at some point I would have to move out, but I didn't think it was going to be this early. I was planning on spending my summer at my moms and then I would have found a place, because then I was attending university and starting a life from there, but I guess not. Not that I minded, I had a lot of money in savings, and since I had a good paying job, I started early. School money was going to be a different story, but I had a whole summer to figure it out.

"Don't worry Andy, I'll be visiting a lot, it will be like you never left." Riley says to me, right before I leave. I will miss her, it's only been a week with her, but it's been so fun. She has really gotten me to be a little more adventurous with things I do.

"You are welcome over anytime, and it's only been a week, you acting like I've lived here for years!" I tell her, she's a bit over dramatic.

"Whatever, it was still a long time. Now get out of my house!" I laugh at Riley and say goodbye to her and her family, thanking them as I do.

The drive to my new apartment was relatively short, but I was thinking about the future and it scared me. I have no idea what I will do, I am independent but I'm not sure how living on my own will go. I hope it won't be too bad. I haven't had contact with my mom since I left, but I feel bad for what I said to her, even if I do feel like it's the truth.

I get to the apartment and unlock the door. I only have a small box with me, because I don't have that much stuff. I did get my belongings from my mom's house, but I made sure she wasn't there. The apartment is small but it fits me, it has a living room a kitchen and one bedroom. The whole place was already furnished, so I really didn't have much to do.

While getting things in place and making a list of things to get from the store, I get a call. It's Michael.

"Hello sir." I say into the phone.

"Why hello to you too, did you get settled yet?" He asked me. We have had lots of contact with each other in the past week, and he is an amazing person. I've told him about me staying at rileys and getting an apartment, but I haven't told him why yet.

"Pretty much you could say, I don't have that much to settle with, so yeah." he laughs.

"Could I maybe come and see it?" He asks.

"Hmm, maybe a different day. It's so boring in here, I have to get decorations so after that's done you can totally come over."

"Well in that case you are coming over here, I want to see you." I blush at his words, he is a very flirty person, maybe it's just to me, but I doubt it.

"Yeah I guess I have to now, I mean I'll just cancel all of my plans." He laughs again.

"Okay miss social butterfly, just get your butt over here."

"Yeah, yeah be right over." I hang up.

I don't think liking Michael is a good idea. He is the most awesome person ever but I don't know if what I'm feeling is a romantically, it's too early to know anyone yet though. Anyways, I'll be leaving at the end of the summer I don't want to get too attached.

I've only been over to Michael's once before, we hung out a few times but we went and did stuff, like walking in the park or seeing a movie. We just got to know each other really, it wasn't that big of deal. I learned Michael is a big softie, you wouldn't really know by his appearance, but he was very emotional. Which is good, I don't like people who are too stern. I probably am that way though now that I think of it, but I can't really help it.