Chapter Thirty-Six

Chapter Song: Just One Yesterday- Fall Out Boy

Andy

"What? No you don't." He tells me. I couldn't believe what he said, but honestly I was more than happy. Knowing that all the thoughts I had of him not loving him were finally gone from my mind. I was glad that he slipped up and finally said it. I was trying to plan out a time to tell him too, I just needed to get it off my chest but he beat me to it.

"Yes Luke I do. I love you." I say again. The words in my mouth feel foreign, I never loved anyone more than I love Luke. This was one thing I was so sure about, I just had a hunch that this was meant to be. After these very long and painful months, it all led up to this moment. I know that we were only in the second month of actually dating, but our relationship had been through so much months before it.

He stares at me, finally breaking a smile. I knew he finally believed me when I said the three words. His smile widened even more, his dimples poppimg out. He grabbed my lower back, pulling me to him, pressing his lips against mine. "I. Love. You." He says inbetween kisses. I giggle at him, putting my lips back to his relaxing into him.

I honestly couldn't care less that we were in the middle of a sidewalk, it just felt like it was only Luke and I. Everything else disapeared in the background. I felt his warm lips against mine, and his lip ring dragging against my slightly chapped lips. This was it was like to feel truely happy. I wasn't just content with everything going on in my life, I was happy with everything. And looking back a year from now, I wouldn't even want to believe I was going to be happy, because I didn't think it was possible.

I mean sure, I had to work for it. It obviously did not come easy, with everything with Michael and not knowing what I was even going to be doing with my life. Luke helped a lot with that, he made me realize that I needed to get on with my life and stop mopping, I needed to change my life for the best. And eventhough he was absent for awhile, he left me sad, but he also left me hopeful. He helped me get back on my feet and for that, I owe him a lot.

I couldn't stop a tear from falling down my face, as his lips were against mine. All of my emotions were taking a tole on me and I couldn't help it. Luke stops kissing me and wipes his thumb under my eye, ridding the tear. "What's wrong, love?" He asks, his blue eyes gazing into mine.

"Nothing, nothing at all." I tell him, and smile. I grab his hand looking back at his gaze. "You just make me really happy." His eyes soften, and he pulls me into a hug. I hold onto him tightly, as if he could just leave if I let go. "And I really want you to know that. So thank you, thank you for everything." I stutter out, pressed against his chest.

"Don't make me cry, Andy." He says and tightens his grip on my shoulders. "You make me really happy too. I'm sorry for being a jerk all the time, I just can't help getting jealous over you because I just love you. Like I love you. Wow, that feels weird to say. Who knew that this would happen?" He rambles on, his voice getting louder and faster as he keeps talking. I can't help but laugh and feel the butterflies clutter my stomach with every word he says.

I don't think I ever really saw this coming, that me and Luke Hemmings would be saying 'I love you' to eachother. I never thought that the Luke Hemmings I first met, would evolve into this person standing in front of me. He was a mean, closed off person, and an independent one too. He never let anyone do anything for him. He had some major walls that closed him off from everyone else, but I slowly saw the process of him knocking some of them down.

I understand though, I get why he did. He went through a lot of shit, and him having walls was normal, he just didn't want to get hurt again, or hurt anyone like he thought he would. He just needed someone to be there for him, and I was glad that I could do that for him. Him and I are a lot alike too, I had lots of walls also. But the thing was, my walls were weak, I let the wrong person in. I trusted the wrong person and I let him destroy my walls. I was left valunerable.