Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Song: Remembering Sunday- All Time Low

Luke

"It's tomorrow." I say to Andy. We have been sitting in silence for around 10 minutes. She had been staring up at the stars like she was doing before. I had been doing the same, laying a few feet away from her, but head was not in the sky. It was a jumbled mess.

She keeps her eyes in the sky, "What is?" She asks. I had been so vague with everything I was saying to her. That was because I wasn't good at explaining anything, so if I started out small I would have more time to know what I was going to say. I liked to keep her guessing too.

"It's been a year." I say to her, now she knows what I'm talking about. She still didn't say anything, tonight she had let me express myself without putting her input in. It was nice, she knew exactly what I had wanted. "Since the accident, I mean. And I thought taking you here would clear my mind."

"Well did it?" It had made it worse. My head was drowning in thoughts of Chelsea, Andy and everyone and thing in between. It was overwhelming but I knew I had to stay calm now, so tomorrow wouldn't turn out to be horrible.

"No." I say truthfully. I knew she would say something or do something that would make me feel better in someway. She was like that, she did spontaneous things to make me happy. I wish I could say I did the same for her.

"Well stop thinking." I looked over at her in that moment. Her eyes are shut and she's wearing a small smirk. Her faded red hair was sprawled out around her head, she looked amazing underneath the moonlight. I smile at the sight at her, even though she can't see me.

I tried to not think of anything, but even when I did, she popped into my head. It was failing, "It's not working." I tell her. I'm still looking at her, I remember when I came here with Chelsea, she would be so interested in the stars and I her. But looking at Andy, the feeling was different than it was with Chels. Andy made my stomach tingly and it was a weird feeling.

Andy rolls over and wraps her arms around my waist. "Well then think of something that will help you relax." She snuggles into my chest burying her head in my shirt. She yawns.

"Are you tired?" I ask now amused about how pretty she looked when she was sleepy. She nods. We had been here for a while, I was guessing it was after midnight, so that's probably why she's tired. "You should go to sleep." She nods again and tightens her grip on me.

I wrap my arms around her shoulders and pull her into me. I relax a little. I know with all of these thoughts in my head, I will never be able to fall asleep. I try once again to clear my head and it fails. I feel Andy's breathing even out against my chest, she was asleep.

My mind soon drifts to her, the girl asleep in my arms. I think about her and how I spilled everything to her, things I would never tell anyone else. It was so hard to just tell her, but I knew I had to and I trusted her. I knew she wouldn't judge and would say the right things. That's the thing, she was too good for me. I was shit to her, I was secretive, I was an all around bad person.

It's funny to think about when we first met, how mean she was to me. How horrible we had treated each other, she hated me with everything she had and I returned the feelings. Well at first I thought I had, but now I knew I had liked her from the start. I just never wanted to admit it, it was Austin that helped me see what my true feelings for her were.

But being so close to her, yet not being about to call her mine was what hurt me the most. I tried to distance myself from thinking and seeing her, because then the feelings would go away. But she was always there, because of Michael and she never left my mind. What Michael had done was the last straw, I had to get her.