Chapter Thirty-Three

Chapter Song: Long Way Home- 5 Seconds Of Summer

Luke

"And then Calum walks in and is like 'Luke, Ashton started the microwave on fire we are gonna die!'" Andy explodes into a fit of laughter. The stories of my stupid band had been making her laugh, so I decided to keep telling her them. She found humor from us being idiots and I didn't blame her.

We had been in the diner for at least 2 hours, and I had gone through two cheeseburgers and a malt. I think we both agree that this was one of the best places to eat. It was a classic place that made you feel at home, and it was a great place to sit and talk. Which is what we had been doing, and there was no other place I would rather be.

Our conversation topic had been light, nothing too serious. It was just really us talking about what we had been doing in the months that have passed. She told me about her college, and I told her about my band. I think we both had some things to say, but we were avoiding it. We didn't want to ruin the fun.

"You guys are really dysfunctional." Andy tells me. It was probably the truest thing ever, I didn't know how we managed to be so functional on stage. We had the tolerance as five year olds. There was a moment of silence. "How's Austin?"

"He's good, I forgave him." I tell her, knowing that's what she wanted to hear. She liked Austin and felt bad for him, she thought from the beginning that he deserved my forgiveness. l however disagreed obviously. "He stayed with me for a week, just because his mom was out of town."

Our hands had subconsciously made their way to eachother earlier in the time we had been together. She loved tracing the tattoos I had, no matter what they were. Let me tell you, there was somevery dark things traced into my skin. Yet I would be lying if I said I regretted anything.

Her fingers had come together with mine, making them one. "I'm glad for that. He really needs you, you know." She tells me. Of course I knew that, he would be a mess without me. But yet again, I would be a mess without him. We worked together in a good way. It was just still weird for me to consider him to be my brother.

I pushed my thoughts away from my brother and focus on what's important in this moment. "We have a lot to talk about." I tell her.

"I know." She says and plays with my fingers, something I come to love. We both now have a lot to say, we never really discussed how or why we stopped talking. We had said a few words about it the night of the concert but there was more to explain.

"Can I go first?" I say, forming what I wanted to say in my head. She nods slowly at me.

"Okay, uh- Okay, well I guess I'll say random shit and maybe everything will make sense?" I say, I don't wait for her to respond. "I know I shouldn't have ignored you like that, I know it hurt you. But in my head I had a good reason. When I say had, I mean I don't know if it's a good reason anymore. I know I briefly mentioned after our experience at your apartment that I was trying to save you." I pause and see her cheeks turn to blush.

"In my head, I thought that if I ran away from all of my problems they would disapear. I ignored you because I didn't think I was worth it to you, I mean I still think that. You deserve better than a jerk like me, but that's besides the point I'm trying to make. I didn't think about you and how you felt about it. I was selfish, and I thought that if I left that you I would protect you from getting hurt later on." I rambled on, honestly I didn't even know if this made sense.

"But when I saw you crying and then you ran away, I knew that wasn't the case. I don't know why I didn't run after you that day. If I did, many things would be so different." I pause, my mind was trying to process everything. "Okay what I'm trying to say is that I made a huge mistake, I didn't take your feelings into consideration. I'm really sorry about it too." I tell, I told her everything that was in my head, most of it came out randomly, but I guess she knows.