Chapter Twelve

Chapter song: Symptoms- Atlas Genius

Andy

"I don't know why he did that, he hasn't done anything like it before," I look across the table at my best friend, whom I haven't seen recently due to Michael and Ashton.

I filled her in on the drama between me and Michael last night and she seems concerned. "So he got mad because a guy was giving you, your wallet that you dropped?" Riley wondered, I didn't get it either.

"Yeah he said I was 'flirting' with the guy! I asked him his name, only because he knew mine from my ID. I don't see that as flirting at all." I sighed. After we left the shop, Michael took me home, he barely said anything. He kissed me and told me goodnight but that was about it. We have been texting today and are going to be hanging out at mine later tonight, so maybe it was just a bad day.

"That's bullshit, and then you guys just left?" Riley seemed very cautious of Michael, she wasn't the biggest fan of his, but she loved our relationship. I know she didn't want to say anything to me about him, only because she didn't want to ruin it. But this and the Luke situation has been the only conflicts about this whole relationship.

"Yeah, basically. He was grabbing my arm really tightly while the guy was talking to me, I think he is just a little bit over protective." I didn't want to think of Michael doing anything that would hurt me.

"Are you sure you're okay though? He seems kind of sketchy at moments, and Ashton says he has a bad temper, kind of like Luke." Riley said. Well that would make sense, they both had horrible tempers, and are actually really alike. Yet I know Michael way more than I know Luke, and Luke is way more shady than Michael.

"I'm fine, it's really nothing to worry about. He's coming over tonight and I'm sure everything that happened yesterday won't even matter"

"Okay just making sure, just call me if anything goes wrong okay? I'll be over in minutes." Riley assures me, which I haven't been nervous until now and it takes the edge off.

"I will, I promise." She gives me a smirk, "What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Oh just think about when we went to the concert that night, you were so different from now. You would never talk about guys with me. And you were so closed off, now you really aren't." She tells me. It's really true, I was so closed off before, I'm getting better and Michael has helped me a lot with that. He makes me feel happy and I think that's what I needed, even when we were just friends.

"I know, I have changed, but it's for the better right? I think part of it is from Michael, he's opened me up more" I state.

"Maybe it is him, you're way more sensitive too," She laughs, "And yes, it's way better, you hated everything before, now you are turning into me."

I laugh then too, "I wouldn't go that far, but I don't hate everything now, just you." I joke.

"Ha-ha really funny, you know you love me" She sings, I can't help but laugh at my friend. I was really lucky, if I didn't have her I wouldn't know what to do.

"I do, more than anything" I giggle.

"Okay, I think that's enough laughing for one day, let's go before someone kicks us out," Riley says. I nod and stand up walking out with my best friend. I wouldn't trade her for the world.

-

I was waiting for Michael, fiddling with my phone, doing nothing in particular. I checked twitter and tumblr, trying to pass the time and rid the nerves I was feeling. I don't know why I was so nervous, it's just Michael, he is a good guy no matter what my mind told me. I am just freaking myself out too much.