chapter 3 Graduation

Chapter 3

Braelyn POV: Today is graduation day and today is our graduation party and Ash and I are excited to be done with school. We are even more excited that we are going to be on tour with Luke for a month. Momma made us breakfast because graduation wasn’t till 12. I walked down stairs and everyone was already down there. “Good morning Ya’ll” they all said good morning. The dad spoke “You girls aren’t allowed to go out back, till it’s all set up.” “Why is daddy?” “Because we don’t want to ruin your surprise” “fine!” Ash and I said in unison. I wonder what it could be. We talked and finished breakfast and Ash and I went to get ready. We both took showers and then we took out our dresses we had identical dresses that were lace and two toned that hit mid-thigh but they different colors. Ashlyn’s dress was black on the top and sky blue on the bottom and she wore her black cowgirl boots and mine is white on top and light pink on the bottom and I wore my white cowgirl boots. We did our make up with matching eye shadow and a nude lip. I wore my hair straight and added a headband with matching flowers and Ash wore a matching one that matched her dress. When we were ready we got in my truck and drove to the school because we had to be there by 1115 it was a perfect June day and it wasn’t too hot. We arrived at school and got our cap and gowns then found our friends we talked until we had to line up. Ash and I were going to sing the graduation song and give a speech because we were voted by the class. We were going to sing two songs and we were so nervous. “Ash are you nervous we haven’t really sang alone in front of this many people” “I am but I’m gonna channel my inner Luke Bryan and hope it all works out.”  One of the songs was voted on by the class out of a few selections and that was the first song we would sing. I like the selection because we had a couple of people commit suicide from 9th grade till graduation. The song was Jessie J “Who you are”. We sang the song and go a standing ovation. Then it was time to give our speeches I kept my serious and ended with my favorite quote from Eleanor Roosevelt “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams”  “Good luck in the future and don’t forget to dream big” Then a couple other people did their speech and it was Ash’s turn and I was just waiting to see what she would say because she is not serious. She started with “I don’t even know why I’m up here because all these people before are so serious and I just can’t wait to blow this popsicle stand, so um here goes nothin” Everyone laughed and she continued to quote random movies and music and at one point she said “In the great word of Jay-z We got 99 problems and graduation ain’t one” Then she ended with “blah blah blah good luck in life or whatever and Peace out cub scouts, Now let’s party“ Leave it to my sister to take all the seriousness out of something. Then we got to sing a song of our choice so we decided to sing Kacey Musgrave’s “Follow your Arrow” Which we had to fight for because they didn’t like all the lyrics. They finally gave in and we sang it. Again everyone was standing up and cheering. Then they handed out of diplomas and we through our caps and graduation was over and it was 130 and time to go back to the house for our party.

 Everyone was showing up at 3 but our best friends came to the house with us. When we got there we went out back and we saw all decorations the back yard looked beautiful. Then we saw a stage and we got excited because thought maybe Luke was going to perform. Just then Momma and daddy walked up. “Momma what is the stage for?” “It’s for our surprise we’ll Luke made it happen for you girls since he couldn’t be here” “Who is going to perform?” “Why don’t you go find them” We took off running to the barn when we heard someone from behind the stage “Hey where you pretty girls off to in such a hurry” “OMG Jason” ash and I screamed and ran and gave him a big hug as all our friends were shocked. “Guys this is Jason Aldean he’s like family we’ve known him for forever.” They all were still in shock but managed to get out a hi. “Jason I’m happy you could take time out of your busy life to play our graduation party”Ash said with excitement “anything for our fireflies. Luke would have liked to be here but they scheduled a show, so you’re stuck with me” ”That’s just as good, but momma and daddy said someone else was here or is it just you” I asked hoping he would answer ”No there’s another performer.” “Who is it?”  We insisted “Ok let’s Walk up to the barn he’s in there” I was anxious on the way up I was talking to Jason catching up because it’s been a while since I’ve seen and I heard the girls talking to Ash. “How many famous people do you guys know, You talk to Jason like it’s no big deal” ash laughed “We know a couple because of Luke and being on tour with him during the summer and we’ve been to a couple award shows. We don’t have a brother and Luke has always taken care of us. But celebrities are just people so it’s no big deal.” “You guys are so lucky.” “Yeah we are blessed to have amazing family” As they finished talking we reached the barn and all of a sudden this gorgeous guy came walking out I was speechless and I heard all the girls go crazy. “Hi you must be Braelyn, Congratulations? He said but I couldn’t help but stare I have never been like this before with any celebrity but he’s my one and only celebrity crush and he knew which twin I was. Jason broke my awkward staring “Brae, earth to Brae!! I’m sorry she’s never done this before” they both just laughed. “I’m sorry yes I’m Braelyn but most of my friends call me Brae and thank you.”