43 / / ❝well, someone has to pay for his medical bills, hun.❞

Leila | Sebastian | Others

It's already been one week since Trevor went inside a comatose's embrace. Even the doctor and nurses are shocked that he didn't die after one or two days since he was admitted into the hospital. They said earlier that he should have passed away since days ago.

Leila isn't sure if that's supposed to be a confession of relief or they really want him to depart. Still, she assumes Trevor is still fighting to release himself from the clutches of death.

His body is still alive and breathing, Leila convinces herself. It's just his spirit that's struggling to get back into its vessel . . . right?

Every night, Leila visits him, mourning in regret over what she did to him, and lets her tears drive her to sleep beside him until the nurses ask her to go home.

Her managers have already given her an extended holiday. Still, Leila chooses to stay out of touch with others and in touch with herself and, of course, Trevor.

Today, the doctor and nurses have started to bug both Leila and Sebastian about the medical bills.

❝Well, someone has to pay for his medical bills, hun.❞ One of the nurses speak out, sarcasm thriving in her tone.  Leila knows she's actually saying, Pay or let him die.

She wants to fight how that's illegal and their patients are their utmost priority. The bills shouldn't be concerned until later. However, she's already weakened by the vile poison of fate's games.

I-I'll pay for him . . . soon.

To be honest, she has no idea how she's going to pay the bills. The doctor has estimated the bills to be somewhere around tens of thousands of dollars.

Just when her faith begins to dwindle, Sebastian speaks up, ❝Don't worry, I'll pay for everything.

She turns to him, her inner self shaken by his decision.

She barely knows Sebastian despite their growing hatred upon each other. She's uncertain whether there's a catch behind his offer or he has somehow found a garden of empathy and sincerity inside his heart. Still, she chooses to raise the white flag and hope for the best.

He nods to her, smiling in an undecipherable manner.

The white-outfit squad pulls of a Camila Cabello to leave both Leila and Sebastian sorting out their business.

I know you're doing this for the deal and I won't fight anymore. You can take me and do anything you want to me. I'll be yours and—

No.

No?

I'm not doing this for anything in return.

You're kidding. I know there's something fishy here.

No, Leila. I'm doing this because he's my brother. The boy I left behind for some evil crook. I don't want to lose him like I did with my mom.

. . .

Throughout this week, I've visited my mom's graves. I apologized to her so many times because I was never there for her, even at the last moments of her life. I was so clouded by the deceit of my dad.

I'm sure she's proud of you for taking care of Trevor now.

Yeah, I'm sure.

You've really changed. I never expected this from you. It's almost like you're a fictional character going through an immense character development.

. . .

. . .

I don't want to force you into any relationship with me. I—

Just then, the same bald-headed doctor — his tag displaying the name Carrington — comes out from Trevor's room. He looks young, in his 30s perhaps, with dark circles below his tar-black eyes. This guy's definitely been working.

❝You can visit him now but only for a moment. He needs rest.❞

He is already resting, Leila says in her heart. He's in a coma. I don't want him to rest anymore. I want him to wake up. Please, doctor. I'm sorry for what I did to him. I need him.