45 / / ❝faith is running out, to be honest.❞

Leila | Sebastian | Others

TREVOR?

TREVOR?

Are you here?

He's listening to us.

R-really? Trevor, please, wake up. For Sebastian. For me.

Just then, his breathing becomes unsteady. His lungs rise and lower faster than ever before. The machines go hectic, the beep sounds repeating louder and faster, signing something wrong happening to Trevor.

T-TREVOR? SOMEONE, HELP!

Doctor,❞ Sebastian calls out into the void, speeding out of the room, ❝we have an emergency here!

Luckily, the doctor and nurses are as swift as Taylor Swift this time. They race like a jet into the room, the same white-outfit squad hurrying to get to work. The doctor pushes both Leila and Sebastian out of the room.

❝Just hold on, we'll handle this.❞ Then, Dr. Carrington slams the door shut.

Sebastian, is he coming back to life?

Let's hope that he does.

Leila paces around the hallway near the mahogany bench, a desperate lurch growling inside her. As waves of anxiety washes over her, she bites her nail and turns to Sebastian who is burying his face inside his arms.

Seb . . . are you okay?

Seriously, Leila?

I'M NERVOUS, OKAY!

God, just keep calm and have faith!

Faith is running out, to be honest.

DON'T YOU DARE SAY THA-

Suddenly, the door opens by itself and a gloomy Dr. Carrington leans himself against the door frame. Even from his expressions, both Leila and Sebastian could decipher a tragedy.

But they both remain quiet and widen their eyes in anticipation.

❝I'm sorry,❞ he says, carefully pronouncing every word as if they were too fragile to handle, ❝we couldn't save him.❞

W-what?

❝He . . . he's gone.❞

TREVOR. IS. GONE?

Leila feels a choir of natural disasters brewing merciless catastrophe all over her world. Those three words alone - Trevor is gone - is the epitome of a doom's day. Despondency dances inside her, teasing the walls of her heart, forming inner scars that will never heal.

Her whole life is scarred now that he's gone. Forever.

She remembers when Trevor once said, But, my dear, you are the fault in our stars.

Was it true? Is she the fault in their stars? Leila asks herself these same questions all over again.

But it is too late to ask questions, or to deal with herself now.

In only a matter of seconds, she plunges into the darkness.