44 / / ❝please, just give me a sign that you're still here.❞

[ dedicated to sarah wazir for writing one of the most heart-clenching, addicting short story i've ever read: 100 Voicemails ]

Leila | Sebastian

Both of them walk together into Trevor's . . . lair. Okay, okay. Resting place.

He's still lying on the hospital bed, eyes shut and his body paralyzed. They can see his lungs rising and lowering. He's alive yet so helpless, so lifeless there.

A plethora of wires are attached to his body including an oxygen mask on his face. The machines around him produce beep sounds that pace steadily.

Leila feels uneasy seeing those wires hooked to him, maybe influenced by the horror movies, but she reassures herself that they are healing aids, things that can bring him back to life.

She sits down on the green cushion chair right next to him and caresses his left hand with her hands, tenderness folded in every touch. She hopes she can somehow send her love and apology to him through her touch, pulsating the cords that run inside their arms.

Tears begin to fall from her eyes. She needs a miracle.

Trevor? We're here for you now. I apologized to you so many times. I feel so stupid for what I did to you until this day and, look, Sebastian's here for you too!

She stretches her lips into a weak smile, gesturing to Sebastian who is leaning towards Trevor's bed, seemingly trying so hard to hold back his tears.

Trevor, I-I should have been a better brother. Please, we need you here. Give us one more try to make this right.

I know you're still trying to fight inside there. You still want to be with us, I know. But please . . .

Leila-

Please, just give me a sign that you're still here.

. . .

. . .

Let's just go. I'm sure he needs rest.

But for how long? I need him, Sebastian. I really need him. I-

Just then, Trevor's forefinger twitches.

[ CLIFFHANGER!!!!!! Well, well, well. Is it just the common finger twitch response in coma patients or is Trevor really coming back to life? Find out in the next chapter! ]