48 / / ❝the end of miss delivery girl.❞

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Leila | Sebastian
Sarah | Manisha

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

ONE YEAR LATER

The wedding march forms a tune of serenity that harmonizes with the atmosphere. It's November and the winter storms have started to kick in, but it's never too late for Leila to help herself for some makeovers and elegant dresses.

Especially that today is the most special day in her life.

She dresses up in all-white, symbolizing purity and heaven's blessings, her wedding dress trailing across the white silk carpet that she saunters on. The hectic last-minute makeover brought to you by Leila and Manisha doesn't appear too disastrous under the heavy falls of snowflakes.

In fact, they reflect her beauty to the audience even more.

Accompanied by her main bridesmaid, Sarah Huntington, her own manager, Leila puts on a smile so sincere, it would melt the coldest hearts. She sees her groom dressed in white, just like her. White suit, white pants and white shoes.

It signifies the new you, she has always said to him.

He mouths a wow while striving to preserve his composure and focus on the wedding ceremony. They trade intimate gazes that soon turn into a staring competition as the priest reads out the verses.

I, Leila Gonzaléz, take you, Sebastian Tanner, to be my husband from this day onward, 'till death do us apart.

After they finish reciting their vows, the priest nods to the groom.

❝You may now kiss the bride.❞

Sebastian reaches out his arms to Leila, drags her closer, before meeting their lips in an intimate kissing session. Their tongues battle for dominance like it's a WWE wrestling match. Before their hormones could rage to the peak, he pulls her away and licks his lips.

You're one good kisser, aren't you?

She shrugs. ❝I've learned from the best kisser in the world.

Me?

Trevor, a part of her wants to say. But both of them have never kissed before. The last time she tried that, Sarah cock-blocked them.

Yeah, you.

So, wanna get this party . . . rol-lei-ng?

Thought you would never ask. But I haven't eaten anything yet though.

❝Don't worry, we already have McDonald's delivery workers sending gargantuan fast food buffets for us.❞

Wedding cakes are too overrated anyway.❞ Manisha takes another bite from the slice of vanilla cake on her plate.

Now, that's my kind of wedding.

Just then, a white frangipani falls into her right hand out of nowhere. She furrows her eyebrows in perplexity. A mere flower should not matter to her but there are no frangipanis in Winterborough, at least that's what general knowledge says.

Where did this come from?

She studies its white petals that flare out in elegance, whispers of affection slipped within. The yellow-ish center that could mean anything. However, as she leans her face closer to the flower, ignoring the distracted laughing trio beside her, she hears a gentle voice echoing through her head.

I'll be watching you both from the heavens when the time comes.

She peers up to the sky clouded with snow, wondering if Trevor is really watching them from up there. Maybe his ever-so-swooning smile is reaching both his ears right now.

The voice comes around again, still laden with gentleness yet so firm.

Remember, you are, and will always be, my Miss Delivery Girl.

THE END.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

[ don't leave just yet, there is a SURPRISE waiting for you loyal readers in the next author's note chapter ]

for you loyal readers in the next author's note chapter ]

[ did you enjoy this book? be sure to comment+vote and recommend
to your friends! who knows? this might be their next favorite book!]