s i x t e e n

"DON'T TRUST PEOPLE SO GODDAMN EASILY"
by pandabines

***

"are you okay? you sound like you're gonna shit yourself." i groaned at v's absurd comment and rolled my eyes as if he could see me at the moment, though he wasn't in my room. laughter resonated from the other end of the line, making me say, "fuck you."

"i know everyone wants to."

"jesus ew!" i faked gagging, only making him laugh even more. "seriously though, what if i embarrass myself?"

"when do you not?"

"i hate you so goddamn much [insert his real name]."

"no, you don't." at the same time he said that, i heard the doorbell ring and my phone almost slipped from my hands. "shit," we both said at the same time. only he sounded more amused and excited than me. actually, i was the opposite. i literally could feel my heart pounding in my chest as if it's about to jump and fall away. as cliché as it soundsㅡoh, when am i not cliché when it comes to park skye?

"go get him, tiger."

"oh my god. is this really happening? what am i going to do? i look like trash."

"i'd be laughing right now and telling you you're a real trash if you didn't truly sound like you're 'bout to shit yourself."

"wow, thanks. you always make me feel better."

"welcome," he retorted and i could clearly imagine him smiling devilishly. "so i'll leave you to your boo, then. good luck and i'll pester you with the deets tomorrow!"

"bye, bitch." i ended the call.

taking one last look at myself in the mirror, i fixed myself for the umpteenth time and chanted "i'm gonna die, i'm gonna die, i'm gonna die," while i reached for the door.

that's him, right? after all, i told him the party's gonna start 30 minutes earlier than it actually would. he's supposed to come first.

i took a deep breath like it's the last and opened the door.

standing there was my aunt and my uncle.

my mouth formed an 'o' and looked at them in disappointment. i hadn't meant to be rude. they were just not who i was expecting. my uncle seemed to be offended, but my aunt just brushed it off by saying, "girlfriend didn't come early?"

"ah..."

"rena, don't say things like that to the kid."

"i'm actually older than you think, though."

he just shrugged and continued to remove his jacket and boots. my aunt did the same and i didn't notice i was just standing there like an idiot until my mom shouted from upstairs telling me to help put their jackets on the rack since they're the guests. i did as i was told and went back upstairs to my room.

i'm really not one to socialize, so i thought having jimin in parties like this could maybe change that.

but as hours went by, he didn't come.

i waited and waited, opening the door for each guest. even my dad noticed that i seemed too excited to "socialize," though that wasn't really the case.

i just wanted to be with him.

***

577 votes, 223 reblogged

comments:

milknsalad: he stood you up again, what a surprise

iraplikejayz: ^ don't be so rude

swaginmyheart: yeah @/milknsalad or you're going to fight me m8

milknsalad: calm yo tits, i'm just saying the truth

moonimooni: ^ do you have a motherfuckin' death wish

milknsalad: if you guys can't handle the truth, why the fuck are you even reading his entries?

touchmyhorsie: guys, don't fight

swaginmyheart: uh 'cause i'm his best friend? @/milknsalad besides you don't even know the whole story to judge skye like this

moonimooni: wait are you standing up for skye now? v?

iraplikejayz: what is going on

touchmyhorsie: panda isn't even answering! iM sHOOk aND nOt iN a GOOd wAy