t h i r t y - s e v e n

jungkook's pov

hazy wants to meet me? why all of a sudden he's being nice? didn't he hate me just yesterday and the day before that? i know this is weird, i know i shouldn't trust him, but i want to know who he is. and maybe finally meeting him could salvage what's left of our friendship.

"jungkook!" hoseok hyung called out to me when i ran towards the front door. "where are you going?"

he stood behind me as i sat and wore my boots. i turned around to face him and taehyung who was standing right next to him.

"i'll be back in a few!"

"but we haven't even started eating yet!" hobi pouted and i sighed, standing up to give him a hug. i'm glad he's finally treating us kindly again like he used to, but i can't pass on the opportunity of finally meeting hazy.

"i'll be back real fast, i swear. besides, jin-hyung and namjoon-hyung will be arriving soon, it's not like you'll be alone. you also have tae with you."

"but i wanted to treat you and taehyung especially."

"i know, i know. maybe some other day?"

rolling his eyes, he nodded. "alright."

"how about me?" taehyung crossed his arms and gave me a stern look. "i don't get a hug?"

"ah, who's being clingy now?" i teased, lightly punching on the arm before giving him a hug. he tightly wrapped his arms around me, almost taking away my breath. and then to my ear, he whispered, "tell me about how good jimin is in bed and all that later when you come back."

pushing him away, my jaw dropped open and i felt my cheeks heat up as i looked at him in disbelief.

"come on, jungkook!" taehyung chuckled. "you won't be rushing like this if it wasn't jimin you're meeting!"

"but it isn't!"

"you expect us to believe that?" hobi scoffed. "there's fucking lamb skewers on the table and you're leaving!"

"oh, yeah! thanks for reminding me! i should go and bring some so i could eat them while i run!"

"nope, not today." hoseok stopped me before i could even go back to the kitchen, then opened the door only to shove me outside.

"excuse me, this is not yㅡ"

"ㅡno excuses! you're in a rush, aren't you? then go!"

i looked at taehyung, silently pleading for his helps to at least throw me some lamb skewers, but he simply shrugged.

"besides, you're going to choke if you eat while running," he said.

"taehyung!" and with that, hoseok hyung slammed the door in my face.

***

author's pov

"i told you not to hurt him!" yoongi yelled at vernon on the phone. the latter was hiding behind a tree with bambam, watching jimin who laid fast asleep on a bench in the park next to the frozen lake.

"he hurt bammie!" vernon answered, surprising yoongi for not even hansol chwe has had the guts to yell back at him...until now.

yoongi laughed to himself, figuring out why, making vernon ask why the hell he's laughing at a moment like this. but he decided not to use the "shortcut" on this one too.

"how do you plan on waking him up without being caught by him or jungkook?" he asked instead.

"i-i don't know..."

"we could throw something at him, so he'll wake up by himself without us getting seen." vernon shot his head at bambam who just shrugged. "what? it's a good idea."

"did bambam actually just said something smart for once?" yoongi asked on the other line.

"it's actually the second time," vernon said.

"what? you're counting?" yoongi's laugh was too loud, vernon had to remove him from the speaker mode.

"yah! share him with me!" bambam pouted, but vernon just flicked him on the forehead.

"make sure not to hit him on the face though." yoongi then ended the call.