t h i r t y - o n e

jungkook's pov

"jungkooooook!!!" from afar, i already knew where that voice came from. i was standing in front of my locker, opening it and it was lunch time at school. i looked to my left and saw taehyung at the end of the hallway with hoseok acting pretty calm right next to him.

the two of them and namjoon-hyung have been weirder than usual lately, but hoseok seems to be weirdest. he's acting more serious now and it actually terrifies me a bit.

they wouldn't tell me what happened back in taehyung's house either. hoseok was the one who made up an excuse as the other two almost pissed their pants, not wanting me to know the truth. i don't understand how even someone as strong and muscular as kim namjoon would be afraid of someone like me. though i'm well-built, i'm not as strong as him. he could break my face or anyone else's anytime he wanted to.

but that's the case: he doesn't want to.

hoseok told me taehyung drugged yoongi so he could take him home and force him to do the singing project with him in music class. i didn't believe it since taehyung has never even had the nerve to talk to yoongi unless he really needed to. what more threaten him? also, as much as i hate to admit it, taehyung's goddamn talented, he knows that himself. he doesn't need yoongi to be his partner to get a good grade.

i just didn't buy it.

but well, i knew i was in no position to make demands and force them to say anything since i treated them quite badly the last time.

"hey, kook!" hoseok smiled widely at me. when he finally reached me, taehyung was already hugging me from behind, showing him his tongue as if to say he lost the 'race'.

"how are you holding up?" hoseok asked and i just shrugged, completely forgetting taehyung's head was on my shoulder. i chuckled when he winced from the bump on the chin i had caused him.

"sorry," he pouted and i simply ruffled his hair. "you're extra clingy today, taehyung." this made him narrow his eyes at me and flip his invisible long hair.

"okay, i'm not even gonna ask..." turning my attention back to hoseok who made far more sense, i asked how he was. i closed my locker and the three of us started walking to the cafeteria.

"well, i'm an emotional clusterfuck because i'm on my period, thank you very much."

i gave him an odd look and shook my head. "you're not a girl, hobi. you can't actually be bleeding from your dick."

"well, you know what?" he came to a halt as we reached the opened door to the cafeteria. "since this morning, i've been wanting to grab people by their fucking balls and clutch them tight in my hands until they bleed. i might as well tear them off and shove them down their throats because goddamn people won't stop asking if i'm gay."

taehyung looked at him in terror and ran ahead of us.

"wow," i nervously chuckled, looking at hoseok then started walking again. it felt conflicting whether i was amazed by the vividness of the details he mentioned or i was simple horrified i could not think straight anymore.

"you've been hanging out quite a lot with yoongi," i commented. "either that or you're really just in a bad mood."

"yoongi? i never hung out with him. i don't even think the guy likes talking to anyone."

i wanted to agree with hoseok. i really did. but the scene that laid before our eyes contradicted what he just said.

yoongi held jimin by his nape, their faces inches away from each other. jimin was so red, you'd think he was a kettle about to blow up any second.

and i felt the same thing. only the opposite fucking way. i finally understood how hoseok felt when you're truly at your limit.

but it wasn't just me.

taehyung ran past us and out the cafeteria. it doesn't take rocket science to understand why.