f o r t y - e i g h t

author's pov

"the fuck do you think you're doing?" yoongi growled as he pinched bambam and vernon by their ears.

the two were hiding behind the bushes in the restaurant. yoongi noticed them ever since he and taehyung entered, but refused to acknowledge their presence for he didn't want taehyung to meet them, knowing very well the shame his own friends would bring him. so he waited for taehyung to leave for the comfort room before he walked calmly towards the two.

"ahh! ahh! it hurts!" bambam complained, making the other people look their way.

"shut the fuck up," yoongi spat and narrowed his eyes at his best friends.

"we're just making sure you're doing your end of the bargain," vernon reasoned.

"but aren't you my minions?" yoongi raised an eyebrow at the two and finally let them go to put his own hands on his waist. bambam and vernon, on the other hand, fell on the floor on their asses, but the pain wasn't really important to them as they started arguing like the usual.

"i told you so!" bambam said to vernon who responded, "shut up!"

bambam gasped and pushed vernon away. "you did not just say that!"

"oh, yes! i did!"

"oh my god!"

"stop acting so innocent! i always tell you to shut up!"

"well, not in public! you're not even my king!"

"that's because i'm your master!"

"said who?"

"oh, i don't know." vernon snorted and rolled his eyes. "maybe the guy who kept screaming, "spank me harder, master! oh, yes!" last night?"

yoongi was taken aback. he'd always known that vernon liked bambam, but he never thought the two would actually get at it before he himself helped them admit their feelings. he thought the shortcut was still relevant and needed. he thought he needed to be a fucking cupid once again and get these two together like he did to jimin and jungkook.

"is there a problem here, sir?" a waiter asked but yoongi couldn't care less, so he simply took out money from his wallet and gave it without even looking at the man.

"i'll take care of these little shits." yoongi shook his head and sighed before offering his hands to bambam and vernon, helping them stand up.

the two were surprised yoongi was actually being nice. bambam couldn't help but blush as he held yoongi's hand with no hesitation. vernon noticed this and refused yoongi's hand, stubbornly standing up by himself.

yoongi acted like he didn't give a shit like always, saying, "alright, now fuck off and don't ruin this for me." but really, he wished the two would make up and fuck again so that he and taehyung could have their privacy.

***

taehyung's pov

"this is it, taehyung," i said to myself, taking a deep breath as i stared at my own reflection in the mirror.

"you're actually on a date with yoongi." i slapped myself, immediately wincing as i did and asking why the hell i even did that in the first place. "ah, stupid! you can do this! you've wanted this for a long time. don't fuck it up now, kim taehyung."

for a second, i actually felt all the confidence growing inside me, but then again, just like every time i start to think my life is going right, it turns to shit.

"ahhhh! why am i so weird?! i kept on embarrassing myself out there!" i groaned, pulling on my hair in irritation.

i couldn't possibly face yoongi after all the dumb shit i've said! should i text jungkook? or nah? i knew i really needed to get my shit together but i also don't want to be a burden to my best friend.

okay, well that's actually a lie.

the truth is, i just hate how jungkook and hoseok treat me as if i'm a kid. i can handle things on my own. the only way to show them that is to actually survive this date.

i sighed once again then gripped on the sides of the sink. "you'll be fine, taehyung. you'll be fine."

i put my phone back in my pants' pocket. but just as i was about to get out, it vibrated on my waist. then i realized, that wasn't actually my phone since i put it on my ass and it wouldn't vibrate all the way up to my waist.

i felt both pockets of yoongi's tux and surely enough, i found his phone on the left one. i really wasn't going to take a peak, but i had to take it out just to make sure. of course, the screen lighted up as i did since the message had just been sent.

jimin:
thank you for everything. had you not agreed to go on a date with taehyung, i wouldn't have reconciled with jungkook. thank you.