Detention Against the Dark Arts - #7

You hadn't had many lessons with the infamous Draco Malfoy, it was only your second year, but you defiantly had one. Defence Against the Dark Arts with Professor Gilderoy Lockhart. It was an, interesting subject to say the least. He was a self obsessed teacher, with no actual knowledge of defending anyone from anything. He probably couldn't even catch a rat, let alone defend himself against a Death Eater.

You were in class one morning when Draco sat next to you. Crabbe and Goyle sat in front of you both as you took your books out and placed them on the desk in front of you.
Lockhart started walking round the room as other students entered. "Oh no children. Put those books away. Today we will be working from my book; The Travel Trilogy." He said picking up a Ravenclaw girls text book and replacing it with one of his own works.
Turning your nose up at the teacher stood before of you, you caught a glimpse of Draco giggling at your reaction. "This man is insane. I'd rather have Snape teaching us. At least we'd learn something." He whispered to you.
You looked over at your new class mate. "At least he knows something, unlike this halfwit." You seconded, earning a smirk from Draco.

You tried to listen to the lesson but every second word that come out of Lockharts mouth made you either cringe or want to cry. He was an imbecile. He knew nothing. Instead of teaching, he just read extracts from his pointless book as half of the girls in the class swooned. You on the other hand were beginning to louse patients with the professor as you weren't learning any thing except how he supposedly 'killed' some sort of beast that was attaching something or other. You weren't really listening.
"I'm bored. I give up with this lesson. You coming?" You whispered to Draco beside you.
He looked back with confusion. "Coming where?" He asked.
You just shrugged. "Anywhere that's not here." You told him, slowly slipping your books back into your bag and placing the strap on your shoulder.
Draco copied you and smiled mischievously. You didn't really think Lockhart would notice if you just walked out because he was to busy obsessing over his own reflection.

You scooted out for your chair and ran to the door quickly, out of the 'lesson' with Draco tailing close behind. Once outside the classroom, you could still hear him blabbering away about how magnificent he was. You both leant on the wall outside the class room and looked towards one another. You both suddenly fell into fits of laughter "I don't know why we didn't leave sooner." Draco joked, pushing himself off the wall with his foot and beginning to walk down the corridor. You quickly joined him, strolling confidently at his side.
"So what now?" You asked, unsure of what to do.
Draco shook his head, smiling. "Well. Normally, people go into these sorts of things with a plan. But as it was a spontaneous occurrence, do you want to go exploring?" He suggested. You nod and begin your expedition.

It was cut abruptly short with Professor McGonagall turning the corner and approaching you both. "What on earth do you think you are both doing out of lesson?" She asked, looking a little annoyed.
You looked at Draco but he was looking smugly at McGonagall. "I wouldn't really call it a lesson." He answered back bluntly.
You nudge him, whispering "you're not helping." Draco just grins back at you.
"Well Mr Malfoy. Why don't you tell your professor this in detention." She suggested ushering you back to the classroom you had just escaped from.

Walking through the door of Lockharts room, the three of you heard him continuing his tails of his 'dangerous quests'. Professor McGonagall looks just as unamused as you did, rolling her eyes at the man prancing at the front of the class.
"Professor Lockhart." She spoke, gaining his attention. "Where you aware that two of your students were wondering the corridors, out of your lesson?" McGonagall asked earning a perplexed look from Lockhart.
"What? No- I mean. Yes. I did know, and I was going to find them and tell them-" he didn't know what else to say. He strained his face for the last bit of his sentence.
"They have detention?" McGonagall finished. He nodded profusely and she sighed.
Lockhart stood proudly. "One hour after school. Both of you." He nodded making Draco and yourself cross your arms and scowl at the pathetic excuse for a teacher.

Later that day, you and Draco were sat in the middle of Professor Lockhart's classroom, silence filling the air around you. He was signing numerous photos of himself while you and Draco sat there, bored out of your minds.
You shuffled over a seat so you were closer to Draco and he did the same. You were told not to talk but you were to bored not to.
Leaning over to the seat Draco was sat at you whispered "What to mess with him?"
A sly grin slid across Draco's pale face as he nodded slowly. You waved your wand discretely over to the pile of photos Lockhart had signed. "Mobiliarbus" you spoke in a hushed tone. With that, you positioned your wand under the table, so he wouldn't notice, and began moving it around. The photographs began moving all over the desk. This soon got Lockhart's attention and you stopped, looking down at the desk so he wouldn't suspect you. He glanced up at you both but repositioned the stack and carried on.

Draco took his wand out and spoke quietly. "Immobulus" he aimed at his Professors writing hand, making him unable to move it. You let a small giggle slip out as his eyes snapped up to look over the room at you.
He shook his head and tried to move his hand. "Could you sort this out please?" He asked getting slightly frustrated.
You moved your wand once more saying the quick spell "Langlock".
"Bla walla dolo" Lockhart tried to speak. His tongue had become stuck to the top of his mouth making it hard to speak properly. This sent Draco into a fit of laughter while Professor Lockhart's face turned an angry crimson.

Your professor stood up and began marching towards you both. Through the bursts of laughter Draco cast the next spell. "Serpensortia" he called aiming his wand in front of Lockhart's feet. A small snake appeared sending Lockhart flying with fright. He jumped back, clinging onto his desk, one of his hands still gripping his quill.
This set you both off laughing harder than before. The snake chased him up the stairs and into his office where he closed to door.
You got up out of your seat and stood before the door. "Colloportus" You locked him in his room and ran down the stairs. Passing all the desks you grab Malfoys hand and drag him out the class room. You both ran towards the Slytherin common room. It was getting hard to breath at this point from all of the laughing so you slowed down being far enough from Lockhart's room that he wouldn't be able to find you quickly.
"Do you think he'll tell Snape about us?" You asked walking down the stairs to the dungeons.
Draco chuckled. "I don't think 'fearless Lockhart' would want to admit to anyone he was outsmarted by two 12 year olds. Do you?" He stated, walking into the common room, smiling at you.

-

This one was so fun to write. Hope you are liking them. -A