Nerves - #93

Request
J_R_Bones - Can you do an imagine where the reader is nervous to tell Draco that they are pregnant?

-

Sitting on the floor of your grey and blue bathroom, you leant against the door, tapping your fingers impatiently against your knee. A small white stick was resting on the side of the sink as a few minutes passed. You could have looked at it about three minutes ago, but you were to conflicted. You didn't know wether you wanted to know or not. Shaking you head, you took a deep breath and stood up off the floor. Just do it. You thought. Either way, it's not like it's the end of the world. You began to reassure yourself.

Getting to the sink, you reached out and took the stick in your hands. You took one last deep breath before looking down at it. Positive. Oh shit. You were pregnant. You were excited but at the same time terrified. Who wouldn't be. You were going to have a child. If that's not scary, I don't know what is. What worried you the most was how Draco was going to react. Yes, you had been married for 5 years. Yes, he loved you unconditional. And yes, he wouldn't care what happened, you knew he would always be by your side. But you still worried. You were 23. You had got married young, but after You-Know-Who, the two of you knew that you didn't want to spend a single day without each other.

Letting it sink in, you paced around the bathroom, suddenly hearing the front door close. "Hello." Draco called up the stairs as he walked in from work. He didn't necessarily need to work, but he liked to waist time and bring in some extra money a few times a week.
Placing the pregnancy test in your pocket, you composed yourself and walked out of the bathroom as though nothing was any different. "Hey." He skipped down the stairs to greet your husband. Placing a kiss on his pale pink lips you then asked. "How was work?"
Draco wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled you closer to him. "It was long. I'm just glad that I'm home with my beautiful wife." He smiled down at you reattaching your lips and giving you a long, meaningful kiss.
Before the kiss got to out of control, you pulled away from him and looked into his shining silver eyes. "I really need to talk to you about something." You told him seriously, knowing you would have to tell him at some point. And although you were as scared as a deer in headlights, you knew you needed to do it now.
Draco looked at you with concern. "Is everything alright?" He looked almost panicked, as though he may have done something wrong.
You shook your head profusely. "No. No, everything's fine. I think. Let's just sit down. That's probably best." He told him, walking over to the living room to sit on the sofa.

You sat beside the man you were in love with and tried to act as calm as possible. Even though your heart was beating ten to the dozen, you wanted to appear calm. "Okay. I'm just going to come out and say it. Because it's easier that way." You began.
Draco nodded, worry still evident in his eyes. "I'm... I'm pregnant." You told him, not looking at the boy in fear of what reaction would be on his face.
Draco hadn't said anything which worried you more than if he had. If he had vocalised his opinion at least you would would know how he felt. But with his silent, you were left in the dark. So, you plucked up the courage to look at the platinum haired man next to you.
What you were faced with was a look of mixed emotions. Shock, confusion and elation. You looked into his eyes, awaiting a reaction. "You're? You're really? I mean, your serious? You really are pregnant?" He asked, making sure he hadn't heard you wrong.
You nodded at the boy as his neutral expression slowly turned into a smile.

Draco spring up off of the sofa, jumping around like a 5 year old at Christmas. "Merlins beard. I'm going to be a dad. We are going to be parents." He began shouting in elation.
You giggled at his reaction, slowly standing up and watching him. He ran over to you and engulfed you into a hug. "We are going to be the best parents ever. Oh I'm so excited. I love you so much." He grinned as he pulled away, kissing you roughly.
The hyper boy then proceeded to run around the room in search for a notepad and his wand that he had in his pocket. "We need to start thinking of names. Ooo, I like Scorpius. But what if it's a girl. What about Andromeda. Oh and colour schemes. Do we go for green or a neutral colour. I'm just so excited." He babbled on quickly, skipping round the room but returning to you in the end.
He stood behind you, wrapping his arms around your waist and resting his head on your shoulder. "Thank you (Y/N). I love you so much." He kissed you cheek as he slowly calmed down from his initial excitement.