Healer - #47

Second year was weird for you. You had become friends with Draco Malfoy at the end of first year and miraculously had stayed friends with you all this time into the second year. You were part of his gang of 5 close friends. Malfoy, Crabbe, Goyle, Parkinson and you. Although I think Parkinson just clung on because she liked Draco. You weren't sure why Draco wanted to hang around with you. You didn't think you were anything special.

You were sat in your dorm opposite Pansy with your legs dangling over the edge of your bed. Her body was in the same position as yours as her bed was positioned next to yours. She always liked to gossip, bitch and talk to you ever day about absolutely everything. She also enjoyed talking about Draco, and more specifically the way he looked at her, how there hands touched accidentally, and even the small meaningless conversations that were truest pointless but meant the world to her.
"It's not fair." Pansy huffed, crossing her arms over her chest after her usual morning recap of the day before. "Draco likes you more than me. He actually has a crush you." She sighed, earning a puzzled look from you.
You shook your head. "I highly doubt that Pans." You tried to reassure her even though you knew that Draco really did not like her because she was clingy and annoying.
She looked down at the floor and mumbled. "Yeah? Well he told me that last night." She complained solemnly.
You rolled your eyes and sat next to your friend. Draping an arm round her sholders, you tried to comfort her as she moped about the platinum haired boy.

Later that day, the Slytherin Quidditch team had practice on the pitch. Miraculously, it wasn't double booked with Gryffindor this time, meaning no awkward encounters with the stuck up red team.
You were a chaser in the Slytherin team and enjoyed being there with Draco, even if he did like to make most things about himself. This was the only time you were really with him without the rest of the group, so you got to know him pretty well through the year.
The team was going through many different strategies and manoeuvres to try and perfect the play of the sport. And it was all going rather smoothly. That is until Draco got distracted. You weren't entirely sure what he had been looking at but as you threw the Quaffle to one of your team mates in fifth year, you heard a squeal of pain from your fellow second year.
Draco flew back to the ground and everyone followed to check he was alright. The blonde boy sat on the floor with his eyes clenched shut, holding his leg tightly within his hands.
"Ow. The pain. It's killing me." He dramatically wailed.
You waltzed over and sat beside him as everyone else gathered around in anticipation. "What happened Draco?" You asked, slightly amused by his over dramatised performance.
He let out a slight whimper and opened his crystal grey eyes to look at yours. "Those bloody idiots hit the bludger right at me." He whipped his head round to look at the two beaters on the Slytherin team.
They rolled their eyes in unison as though they were the Weasley twins. "We didn't hit him. He just got in our way. If you stopped gazing longing at people, maybe you would have seen it coming." One of them announced, earning a slight chuckle from the collection of Slytherins, plus you.
Draco snarled at the boy. "Just wait till my father hears about this." He muttered, allowing only you to hear him as you fell into a fit of laughter.

Wiping the tears away from your eyes you asked Draco "So what is wrong exactly?"
Unclasping his hands, he revealed a very broken leg. "Oh. Yeah that's broken. I can mend it if you'd like?" You enquired as the rest of the Slytherins chorused a multitude of 'yeah's.
Draco looked at you nervously. He knew that you were fully capable to do this but he was embarrassed. "Don't touch me with your weird... stick..." He stammered, fumbling over his words.
You rolled your eyes and took your wand out. "It's a wand and you have one to you nitwit. Now, it may hurt a little bit but it's better than your leg staying broken for much longer." You announced.
Draco nodded before closing his eyes as you spoke the words "Episkey" and pointed your wand at Draco's leg.
Your friend writhed around on the floor in exaggerated pain as you just starred at him. "Better?" You asked when he stopped rolling around on the grass.
The boy began bending his leg freely without pain and a smile slowly crept onto his face. "Yeah. Thank you (Y/N)!" He leant over to you in a flash, and hugged you tight. As you weren't expecting his sudden burst of affection, you toppled backwards and Draco fell on top of you with his arms still wrapped around you tight.
This earned a few wolf whistles from the surrounding team mates but Draco quickly shot up and began chasing after them shouting "shut up, I wasn't staring at her!"
One of the girls in the team came over to you as you stood up from the floor. She nudged you lightly, smiling like an idiot at the Slytherin Prince chasing the older boys. "He's lying you know. He was defiantly staring at you." She informed.
You both chuckled walking back to the changing rooms as the boys ran that way, still being chased by your friend.

-

You are all amazing! Thank you so much! 10k reads... thank you. You have no idea how much this means to me. I saw it this morning and had to try not to scream. Thank you so so much! -A