Shyness - #63

Draco Malfoy flirted with most people, but it was glairingly obvious with you. He used your shyness to his advantage, knowing you were the least likely person to say anything back to him. You didn't mind to much if you were being honest. It was nice to be noticed, even if he didn't actually like you.

It all started in Potions in 5th year. You were seated next to each other and forced to work as partners 80 percent of the time. If that were brewing potions or helping each other with work. You got on well with each other, much to your surprise. Being from Hufflepuff, you didn't know if he would be all that pleased to be forced to sit next to you almost every day for an entire year. But Draco liked it. He could almost say, he loved sitting with you. You were funny, helpful, intelligent and kind. He found your shyness endearing. It was a sweet kind of shy, which made you look more innocent than your were.

Draco started off with a cheeky wink every time you helped him with something which made you blush profusely, encouraging the boy to do it more due to your reaction. From there, it just escalated. Flirtatious comments were now a regular occurrence, which was usually accompanied by a wink just to seal the deal.
You weren't sure if he knew what he was doing to you, but you were certain he couldn't like it. You were falling for him. Hard and fast. As though you had just tripped down a long dark hole with no sign of stopping any time soon.

But now you were in your final few months of 6th year. You had continued to be his potions partner into the next year. With Slughorn teaching, you could sit wherever you wanted, but Draco chose to sit with you once again. You weren't complaining. Quite the opposite actually. You were more excited than the Quidditch obsessed ex Gryffindor Oliver Wood would be if he was given a new broom. And I can assure you, he would be very excited.
As the year was coming to an end, you felt a lot closer than ever to the Slytherin prince.

As you walked into potions on a Friday afternoon, you sat down on your stool next to Malfoy, waiting for lessons to commence. "Afternoon (Y/N). How are you?" He asked, his elbows propping him up on the desk.
You nodded sweetly. "I'm okay thanks. How are you?" You enquired genuinely.
Draco nodded back. "I'm feeling better now I'm sat next to you beautiful." It didn't take long for the flirting to begin. A small smile etched your face and you looked down at your hands, slowly feeling a blush rise to your cheeks.
Draco just chuckled, smirking at how easily he could make you nervous.

Slughorn started the lesson and you sat there listening intently. You could see Draco peering over at your notes every once in a while so you slowly pushed the parchment towards him so he could copy the writing that was scrawled over it. He smiled shyly as though he had just been told he had been transformed into an entirely different being. Feeling mildly proud of yourself, you sat up and listened to the rest of the teachers lecture.
The lesson went on and Draco continued to copy the notes. When Slughorn finally decided to start the class on a practical, the flirting commenced once again. Grabbing the cauldron, you placed it on top of the Bunsen burner as the water within began to bubble. You and Draco both reached for the first ingredient, but the blonde swiped it before you could get to it. "To slow my love. Try harder to keep up." He smirked, squeezing the new liquid into the broth.

As the lesson went on, the flirtatious comments continued. Draco revealed in every smile, chuckle, head tilt and blush that came over you. He loved to see how you reacted in different ways to the variety of comments he made. He found it really sweet. As much as he hated to admit it, he rather enjoyed your company, maybe a little to much.

As you all left the room, Draco swung his arm around your shoulders, instantly taking you by surprise. "Well (Y/L/N). Unfortunately for you, I have to leave. But I will see you a dinner." He smirked, finally letting go of you as you began walking towards the Hufflepuff common room. "See you later gorgeous." He winked as you scurried down the corridor, hiding the biggest grin that swept over you usually pale complexion.

Later on that day, you sat in the library with a multitude of books sprawled out in front if you. You hid between bookshelves, trying not to be caught by anyone for taking a book from the restricted section without approval. You began to hear the soft humming of three distinct voices, all of which were Slytherins. Your heart skipped a beat and your breathing stopped, anticipating the path they were about to take. You breathed a sigh of relief as they sauntered down the isle next to yours.
You couldn't help but listen to the three voices as they conversed about a verity of topics from Quidditch to Defence Against the Dark Arts. But then one topic caught your attention rather abruptly.
"So come on. (Y/L/N), do you like her?" Pansy asked rather angrily.
"What? No. We are Potions buddies. What makes you think I like her?" Draco answered harshly.
Pansy gave a triumphant squeak of approval as your heart shattered abruptly into a million tiny pieces.
With the female of the group skipping down the shelfs away from the other two, Blaise began chuckling. "She is so gullible." He commented.
Draco began to stutter. "I- I don't- don't know what you- you mean." He tried but Blaise wasn't as stupid as some of his friends.
"Fine. I like her. Quite a lot. You happy Blaise?" He spat, knowing that someone finally found out his secret.

Your lips curled into a broad smirk as an idea came to your head. When Potions came around once more, you got into class as quick as possible. When Draco came cocky over to your table to sit down you turned to him with a smile. "Hello Draco." You chirped earning a frown from the blonde Slytherin. You wanted to act like he did. Flirt with him a little bit, but you didn't actually know how to. "You're really cute. Wait what. No. Um. Ugh." You collapse onto the book in front of you as Draco chuckled at your attempts at flirting.
"I guess you heard me in the library. Just leave the flirting to me okay hunny." He commented, placing a light kiss on your cheek as you raised your head.

-

Many apologies for not updating yesterday. I went to the MinaLima Beauty and the Beast book launch. It was amazing but I had no time to write. Really sorry. Currently writing this in the queue for All Time Low. -A