Ex-friend: Part 2 - #51

Draco came waltzing down the stairs the morning after his confrontation with Callum in the Library. Taking out his pent up anger on the Ravenclaw boy really did help, but made him wonder who started the rumour and where they got it from.
You were sat in the common room when your friend came proudly down the stairs, sitting next to you and greeting you with a spring in his step.
"You seem rather jolly. Who did you kill? Did someone slip you a potion?" You asked with a frown, unsure as to why Draco was being so happy.
Draco just shook his head, still grinning like an idiot. "Nope. I just put Rodgers in his rightful place yesterday." He told you.
You were a mixture of emotions. You were happy because Callum was as significant as a speck of dust, so he deserved it. But you were also slightly annoyed because you were worried this would make the situation worse if he told his friends.
But you just sighed, thanking Draco simply and asked him exactly what happened while walking off to breakfast.

Draco had explained the entire occurrence in great exaggerated detail, but you deduced what was true and what wasn't. Soon, you were walking alongside Draco, to Potions. Entering the room of the greasy haired professor, you sat down next to your blonde friend and waited for class to begin.
Behind you sat Callum and his best friend from Ravenclaw, Alan Smith. He was a butch muggle born who certainly knew how to wield a wand. He was intelligent but also quick with his words. Sometimes you wondered why he wasn't in Slytherin, but then you remembered his acceptance and wisdom. For a 5th year he sometimes spoke more like an 80 year old man with extensive life knowledge. But regardless, he could still be a compleat tossed, but only to Slytherins.
Callum sat down reluctantly, knowing that Draco would not take to kindly to him sitting right behind his best friend. "Alan. Why couldn't we have sat over there? Away from them?" You overheard him ask, fear evident in his words. You turned your nose up at his weakness. How were you ever friends with him. But then you began to remember all the great times you shared growing up. How you used to laugh together, pull pranks and just have fun.

You were torn out of your day dream half way into the class when a piece of scrunched up parchment hit the back of your head. You decided to ignore it, not wanting to amuse the one throwing it. But the boy persisted. After virtually an entire book was thrown at your head, you shot round to scowl at Alan who was smiling cockily.
"Don't test my patience Smith." You warned.
Alan pretended to act scared. "Ooo. Intimidating. So who's going to be first on your hit list (Y/L/N)?" He mocked, referring to the rumours of your new status as a Death Eater.
"You in a minute if you don't shut up." You snapped, shooting daggers at the boy behind you.
Draco took your arm and turned you round to face the front quickly before you said anything else. You grit your teeth staring straight ahead, listening in to there conversation.
Draco turned to them and started. "What did I tell you Rodgers? Did I stutter? Are you deaf? Do I honestly have to repeat myself for scum like you?" He whispered angrily as he could feel Snape's eyes falling onto him.
Alan rolled his eyes as Callum violently shook his head. "N-no. Of course not. I'm sorry." He apologised as though Draco had his wand to the boys head.
With Draco turning around you heard Callum's persistent pleads for Alan to just drop it. But he didn't care. He was having to much fun. With Alan throwing another piece of parchment at the back of your head, you turned to Draco and scowled. Draco just nodded and whispered. "I'll handle it."

That evening, Draco and yourself assembled a few trusted side kicks and set off to pay some Ravenclaws a visit. With the two of you, Blaise and Pansy marching in formation down the hallway you came face to face with exactly who you were searching for.
Draco strode powerfully towards Callum, Alan and a tubby boy you knew was Tobias. When Callum wasn't with you, these were his friends. Each one was as pathetically dim-witted as the next.
The three boys looked at Draco, going as white as a sheet. Pansy and Blaise approached as Draco took Callum by the collar and hauled him down the corridor. The two Slytherins took the extra Ravenclaws and dragged them behind. A few students looked on at the scene, wondering if they should do something but with one deadly glare from you, they scurried along as though nothing was happening.

Marching alongside Draco you heard Callum shout to his friend. "I told you to drop it Alan. Now look what's happening."
You opened the door to an abandoned old class room and walked in, lighting the candles that lined the walls with a flick of your wand.
"Oh shut up Callum." Smith snapped as Pansy threw him into the room with Blaise doing the same to Tobias.
The two other Slytherins left you to it and closed the door, leaving you and Draco alone with the three quivering Ravenclaws. "Look at you both. Squabbling like an old married couple." You shut them both up as they sat on the floor in front of you and Draco.
You felt powerful as you stood over them with Draco by your side.
Alan rolled his eyes. "Don't you have some Death Eater jobs to be doing. Killing some muggles? Insulting some people? Conditioning You Know Who's hair?" Smith spoke with sarcasm dripping through every word.
You scowled at him as he chucked to himself.

Draco quickly shut him up. "What if she was a Death Eater? You don't actually believe she is do you?" He questioned.
Tobias scoffed. "Of course we don't. Look at her. What would You Know Who want with that? She couldn't actually kill anyone if her life depended on it." He laughed looking at his friends who were just starring at him in astonishment.
You could tell they agreed but they were to worried to show it. They knew you wouldn't kill them but that didn't stop Draco from hurting them. As the boys all looked at Tobias, you raised the left sleeve of your shirt and revealed your secret. The three in front of you looked over to your arm and Tobias' face dropped instantly. The fear from earlier was nothing compared to now. Now, it was real.
Draco smirked. "Turns out your fake little rumour was true. Who'd have guessed? And soon she won't be the only one." He grinned menacingly at the now petrified Ravenclaws.

"So which one of you actually started this rumour?" Draco interrogated.
They all fell silent, not even breathing as they waited for the one who started it to own up. "It was me." A small voice whispered.
You knew instantly who it was. "You arse hole. You complete and utter arse Rodgers. Why?" You screamed, snarling at Callum.
He just shrugged as small tears spilt from his eyes. You had no sympathy for him anymore. You thought you did, but now, nothing.
You shook your head. "I'm done here." You announced to Draco.
He nodded and drew his wand. The Ravenclaw boys were all whining with fear, not knowing what he was about to do. You turned away, not allowing yourself to cry, knowing that the Dark Lord would look at you in a bad light if you did. You herd Draco say that simple word "Obliviate" and the boys stopped making any noise.
Draco had erased their memory of the encounter and the rumour. When you heard Draco walking towards the boys, you looked back around. They were dazed. They didn't know where they were. "Don't ever speak to my best friend again. Do you hear?" Draco threatened. They all looked towards you and nodded slowly before Draco punched each boy, kicking Callum for good measure.

Draco spun round and took your hand, taking you out of the room. You both felt no remorse, no regret, no sympathy. You smirked at each other and carried on back to the common room.

-

Once again some of you lovely lot wanted a part two so ta da. Thanks to MagconAFgirl and CherishNalley for the request. Hope it's not to bad. -A