Nicknames - #36

Draco enjoyed calling people by their last names. And if not their last names, a nickname he would use or make up just for them. You were one of the few people he called by your first name. That's because you and Draco had been dating for 2 years. And still the boy only used your last name or first name.
But in a dramatic turn of events, he changed his mind.

It was a chilly winters evening. You were sat on the sofa of the Slytherin common room, reading and trying to keep warm. Your boyfriend on the other hand, was sat at a table writing his essay on Wolfsbane Potion. He had worked through a fair amount until he needed a hand.
Draco turned round to face you, curled up in a grey blanket at the side of the sofa that was pointing away from him and towards the warm intense fire.
"Hey (Y/N), what is the last feature of Wolfsbane? I have smokes faintly and possesses muted blue smoke when it is completed. What else? There's one more." He enquired, knowing you loved Potions and probably could tell him the answer in a heart beat.
But you didn't. You were so engrossed in your book that you didn't realise the blonde boy talking to you.

"(Y/N)? (Y/N)? (Y/L/N)?" Draco started, trying to gather your attention in some way.
You slowly pulled your nose out of the book upon hearing your name being called but didn't look over to him. Sometimes you just wanted to annoy him, so you just listened to the way he called your name.
Draco carried on for a few seconds before changing his words. "(Y/N)? Beautiful? Babe? Darling? Sweet heart? My lovely? Hunny?" He called over to you.
This went on for some time. Longer than you thought it would. He had chosen around 50 different words; some describing you perfectly and some just as sweet little comments.

As it didn't seem likely that Draco would be stopping any time soon you turned to him as you heard a name that sounded rather sweet to you. "Love? Princess?"
Princess. You though. That's cute. Grinning to yourself, you turned to look at him, forcing your face to look as though you had only heard the final few words.
A slight look of excitement plastered your boyfriends face as he saw you turn at the new nickname.
"What do you need?" You asked nonchalantly, not being completely certain what he did really want.
His smiled filled his face and his eyes sparkled. "You turned around when I called you princess." He told you cockily, as if you didn't know.
You giggled as he quickly raised his eyebrows and let them fall back again. "No. I just couldn't be bothered to listen to your inane persistence to call out nouns." You answered sassily, as though you didn't really care for the name.
Draco just shook his head and got up off of his chair. "Nope. You just liked the names, princess." He sat beside you and kissed your cheek as a blush rose to your face.

You sighed, indicating silently that he was right before asking again. "So come on. What did you actually want?" You smiled.
"Just forgot some stuff about Wolfsbane Potion."
He shrugged it off, obviously seeing you had changed the subject that he wanted to keep to.
"You missed out unpleasant taste again didn't you. You did that on the test last week." You reminded.
Draco's face lit up remembering that was the last factor. "I love you so much." He kissed you once more, getting up and making his way over to his work. "Thank you princess."
You chuckled and looked back down at your book.