Day In The Sun - #84

It was hot. An abnormal occurrence when you lived in Britain. Wether you were at school in Scotland or at home in the south of England, it was hardly ever warm. So as the summer sun rouse above the treetops and it's warm rays graced the land, elation filled you. You were about to start your 6th year at Hogwarts, but you had a few days to spend doing nothing before you had to go back to school and do everything.

With the sun streaming through the cracks in your blinds, your eyes flickered open, slowly letting in the bright light. It was around 10:40 when you woke up and already the warmth of the sun had heated your room. A soft rapping was heard on your window as you pulled yourself out of bed. Still in a partially tired state, you walked over to the window, opening your blinds and seeing a familiar black bird perched on the windowsill. You beamed with excitement. Your best friend Draco hadn't sent you a letter in a few days but finally one had arrived. Opening the window, you took the neatly folded envelope from the bird and exchanged it for a treat to thank the animal.
You sat back on your bed and read over the letter you had received.

(Y/N),

Sorry I haven't written in a few days, father has been lecturing us and panicking about the Ministry. Anyway, he's out for the weekend so I was wondering if you wanted to go to the beach with me for the day? It's a lovely day for it.
If you want to come, be at my house by 11:30. Come by floo.

D x

You skimmed over the letter, looking over to the clock beside your bed. 11:02. You sprung off the bed and hurried into the bathroom to shower. You then changed at speeds that, if you were on a broomstick, Oliver Wood would be impressed with. It was soon 11:26 so you swiftly brushed your hair and ran to the chimney breast. Your mother, who was sat in the living room, looked at you quizzically. "Where are you off to in such a hurry?" She asked as you took a handful of powder.
"Oh. Yeah. I'm going to see Draco. I'll see you later." You informed her.
Your mother just rolled her eyes and looked down at the Daily Prophet. "You spend a lot of time with that boy. There's nothing wrong with that. I'm just curious as to why." She stated, not raising her head but only looking up at you.
Shaking your head, you stood in the chimney. "There's is nothin going on mum." You told her, smiling lightly. "I'll see you later. Malfoy Manor." You called, throwing the floo powder onto the floor as you went into the network in a burst of flames.

You arrived at the manor and stepped out of their chimney. Draco instantly engulfed you in a hug, another uncommon occurrence. It must be the heat. You hugged him back as Narcissa entered the room. "Ah, Miss (Y/L/N). It's lovely to see you again. How have you been?" She greeted as Draco finally let go of you.
You nodded as you looked around at the all to familiar surroundings. "I have been alright thank you. How about you?" You asked the beautiful woman standing in front of you.
Narcissa nodded back. "I'm fine thank you."
Draco stood proudly next to you and smiled. "You ready to go to the sea side?" He asked like an excitable puppy.
You agreed, with your best friend walking you over to Narcissa who swiftly apparated you both to St Ives.

As you emerged down a quiet side road of the bright sea side town, you and Draco quickly took off after he kissed his mothers cheek and you waved goodbye. The two of you ambled along the seafront, walked up multiple steep cobbled streets and observed the creative artists painting by the sand.
You got out some muggle money that you had picked up and walked over to a fish and chip shop that sat just before the sand. You ordered two portions of chips and sat on a grey stone wall looking out onto the sea.

As you were both talking about your summer and what the upcoming year at Hogwarts would hold, a seagull swooped down and stole a large amount of chips from Draco's lap.
"Merlins beard! You pesky bird. I'll hex you. Do you hear. Don't think I won't do it." He called as the gull circled overhead.
You rolled your eyes at the wizard beside you as people walked past looking at him with concern. The bird flew down and stood before him as though staring him down. Out of the corner of your eye, you saw your best friend began to reach for his wand. "Draco!" You warned loudly and the bird flew well away. "You can't use magic outside of Hogwarts yet, remember." You whispered firmly, grabbing his arm so he could slide the hawthorn wood back into his pocket.

He looked down. "Sorry. I'm just a bit agitated at the moment. My father isn't out for a few days. He's in Azkaban." He confided in you.
You took a deep breath and moved your hand to where his was. Linking your hand with his, you looked at his lowered head. "You're not like him. I know you worry that you are. But you're not. I'm here though. If you need anyone that is." You reassured him.
Draco looked into your eyes and smiled. "Thank you. I just don't know what to do." You hugged him tight. It was your first instinct. You knew you weren't very good with people's emotions. You weren't even good with your own emotions. But Draco appreciated it. He appreciated everything you did for him. That's what best friend are for.

-

Well this one sucks. Really sorry. It will be better tomorrow. -A