Do Best Friends Love Each Other? - #40

They disgusted you. Well, she did anyway. And when she was with him, it made you hate them both. Yes, Draco Malfoy, you friend since you were 4 years old, was dating the ugly and intolerable Pansy Parkinson, the girl that has hated you with a strong passion since first year.
You weren't entirely sure what Draco saw in her. I mean, she was just rude, all of the time. And it's not like she held any redeeming qualities about her. I guess you were slightly biased as you hated her with all your strength. Then there was also the slight issue about your crush on Draco. But at this point it was possibly, defiantly, more than a crush. But regardless, he was still your best friend.

You were all sat in the Great Hall, eating lunch. Pansy was virtually lead on top of Draco with her head on his shoulder and arms wrapped around him as he simply smiled and ate his sandwich.
You watched the couple in spite as you picked at the crusts of the bread in front of you. Draco's eyes fell on you as you looked down at the food you were playing with. "You alright (Y/L/N)?" He asked with concern evident in his voice.
Your eyes met his and you nodded. "Yeah. I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?" You answered, trying to act as polite as possible with that worthless whore around you.
Draco looked at Pansy as she kissed his cheek quickly. Turning your nose up at the cringey pare, Draco caught sight of your disgusted look. You acknowledged this and drew your attention back towards your plate.
Your best friend lightly kicked your foot under the table to encourage your eyes back to his. "What's up?" He inaudible whispered, making you read his lips.
Pansy started to kiss up his jaw and nibble Draco's ear. You forced yourself not to bring back up the food you had just eaten as the pug faced twat smothered your best friend. Your displeasure with Pansys actions was evident on your face. You had a habit of not being able to hide your expressions. "Nothing. I'm going to the common room. See you guys later." You announced, quickly getting up and walking out of the hall. You knew if you stayed there any longer you would snap and say something to Pansy.

Getting into the green common room, you flopped onto the sofa and lead on your back, looking up at the intricate black ceiling. You ran your hands through your hair, trying to clear your mind of the images that imprinted in your brain of Pansy and your best friend.
Suddenly, your silent thoughts were interrupted by a displeased young boy. "What is your problem (Y/N)?" Draco demanded.
You rolled your eyes, sitting up to look at him. "I don't know what your talking about Draco." You tried to convince him, but were to tired of hiding it to care anymore.
He snarled. "Yes you do. Why do you look at Pansy in that way? Why do you look at me in that way? What have we ever done to you?" He started to get aggressive. It was a good job there was no one in the room.
You looked around, trying to calm yourself so you didn't say anything you would regret. "It's not about what you have done. You have done nothing wrong. You're incredible. It's her. That bitch with her annoying voice and clingy attitude. And the kissing. Oh my god. It just never stops. Class, kiss. Dinner, kiss. She would probably kiss you while you played Quidditch if you gave her even the slightest chance." You let out more emotion than you had intended, but it felt good to rant.

But Draco was not a happy bunny. His face was going a scarlet colour and if he were a cartoon, steam would probably be erupting from his ears by now. "Don't talk about my girlfriend like that. You have no right to. Pansy's perfect." He argued.
You scoffed. "Perfect? Maybe in some parallel universe but not here. And I do have the right because you're my best friend and I want you to be happy-" you tried to explain before Draco interrupted.
"I am happy with her. You wouldn't understand, you have never liked or loved anyone." He persisted.
Before comprehending what you were about to say, three words escaped from your mouth. "I love you."
You clasped your hands over your mouth and stared at him with wide eyes, shocked that you unintentionally announced the secret.
Draco's face seemed similar to yours. Shocked. His best friend was in love with him?

Before he could ask anything Pansy entered the common room with Blaze and Goyle. As Draco looked behind him to see who had walked in, you ran as quickly as your legs could carry you into the 6th year girls dorm.

Two weeks passed and your best friend was avoiding you at all costs. Pansy was confused as to why Draco was acting differently and not kissing her as much. She chalked it up to school stress. But it was something very different. He was thinking about you. You were on his mind every minute of every day, and even when he tried to keep away from you, your smile would find its way into his thoughts.
You had been pretty lonely these past few days without the company of Draco or his group. If it went on any longer you may have to consider befriending the trio. Yeah, like you would ever get that desperate. But maybe Longbottom, he seemed decent. Sweet even.

Your thoughts were cut short as you saw a distraught Pansy running through the corridor. As she scurried past, her eyes shot daggers in your direction as you looked at her in bewilderment.
Carrying on down the hall, you turned the corner only to be grabbed and hauled into a small confined cupboard. There were two candles that lit the room so you didn't have to use your wand to determine who it was. "Well, hello Mr Malfoy. Finally going to talk to me after all this time?" You greeted your platinum haired friend.
"Shut up (Y/L/N)." He simply stated, pushing you against the wall and kissing you softly. He was cautious. He didn't want to scare you. But you liked it so you kissed back, reassuring him that it was okay.
As Draco pulled away he looked into your eyes. "I'm sorry. I broke up with Pansy. I didn't really like her. I just felt alone. But I really do like you. A lot." He confirmed, timidly.
"I really like you to." You smiled, grabbing his hand in yours and kissing his cheek softly.