Playing With Magic - #25

You ran down the dark wooden stairs, clutching onto a piece of 8" inch wooden dowel. You didn't own a wand yet. You were only 5. So this was what you used instead. It's not like it had any magical properties, but you could pretend.
Sprinting out of the back door of your house, Draco followed behind, excitement bubbling inside of you both. He flailed his 'wand' around as he ran over to the shed where you kept the broom sticks.
"So which one do you want?" You asked him, revealing your family's collection of flying devices.
He thought for a moment, scanning the different wooden broomsticks. In the end he opted for a light weight mahogany broom with twigs sprawled out at the end. You grabbed your favourite broom from the shed. A slick grey one that wasn't as fast as the one Draco had picked, but it looked flawless.

The two of you walked out of the shed and into the wide open garden. Hopping onto your broomsticks, you hovered about 25 meters of the ground.
"Race you!" Draco flew over to you. "Around the house and back to the shed." He suggested. "First one to land at the door wins." Draco smiled, holding tightly to his broom in one hand, and the stick that he was adamant would produce some sort of magic if he though hard enough in the other.
"Okay then." You chirped, smiling at your best friend who was just 3 months older than you. "3... 2... 1..." you began, but Draco was off.
You scowled playfully at the platinum haired boy as you flew at great speeds to catch up with him. You knew you weren't going to win. Your broom was to slow. But you didn't want him to know that. At one point you were tempted to go over the top of the house as you thought that would be quicker, but Draco kept looking behind at you and smiling.

As you turned the final corner of the large rectangular house, you started to descend as Draco got off his broom. His smirk was triumphant as if he was gloating about his win. "Well done Draco. No need to rub it in. You cheated anyway." You congratulated.
He chuckled. "You were going to cheat to. You wanted to go over the roof. You kept looking at it." The smug boy told you.
You sighed knowing he was right. "Fine. I want to do something else." You spoke, resting the broom against the wall of the shed.
"What about a duel?" Draco's eyes lit up as he suggested the new idea.
You nodded, taking your 'wand' from your pocket and holding it in your dominant hand.

"How do you start again?" You asked, trying to remember what Draco had taught you the other week.
He held his 'wand' in the centre of his face and told you to copy. "Then you put it to the side." You both did as he told you. "Then. We turn and walk for about 5 steps. Then we turn and face each other again." He taught you once more.
You did exactly what he said and walked away from your friend before turning to look at his pale face once more.
He held his 'wand' over his head so you copied. He extended his other arm in front of him, so you did the same. "Ready?" He asked.
"Yep" you smiled, getting ready for your duel.
Draco stepped forward, waving his piece of wood in a specific formation. "Petrificus Totalus" he cast and you waved your wand to block the curse.
"Confundus" you spoke as you pretended to cast the charm towards your friend.
Draco thought for a second before reciting "Relico".
You starred at him, utterly confused. "That's not a real spell Draco." You informed him, walking back towards the grey eyed boy.
He crossed his arms over his chest. "How do you know?" Draco asked, bitterness evident on his face.
"Because it sounds wrong." You tried to tell him.
He let out a huff sound and proceeded to look at you angrily. "But your only 5. I'm 6. I must know more than you." He protested.

You sighed, taking his hand in yours and dragging him into the house. "Mother." You called as you walked confidently into the living room, with Draco reluctantly being dragged behind you.
Both of your parents were sat opposite each other, discussing adult things and sipping their tea. "Yes (Y/N)?" She looked round at the two of you strolling in, hand in hand.
"Is Relico a spell. Draco says it is but I haven't heard it." You enquire, confusion plastered on your face.
Narcissa smiled slightly opposite your mother as she told you it wasn't a spell.
Draco rolled his eyes. "Alright. Don't be such a Ravenclaw." He crossed his arms again as you let go of his hand.
You raised your 'wand' once more pointing it at his chest. "I'm a Slytherin." You protested as Draco's eyes widened, regretting implying what your house would be in a few years.

You dropped your wand and smiled sweetly at your best friend again. "Come on. Let's go and play in my room." You dragged him, once again, but he soon complied, racing you up the stairs.
As you left earshot of the adults, Lucius turned to your parents. "They are defiantly going to be in Slytherin together." He said as your father chuckled at the comment.

-

Sorry if this is out a bit shit. I liked the concept but I wasn't sure how to put it into words.
I watched the Deathly Hallows part 2 for the billionth time. My Twitter is now filled with Harry Potter tweet-along spam and I have no regrets. It was fun watching it with everyone for the celebration. Did anyone watch it or is anyone in Orlando (If you are, you are so lucky!)? -A