Chapter 13

*Lilia's P.O.V*

"Guys, it's Halloween!" I beamed into my vlogging camera. It was October 31st, one of my favourite days of the year. It was also my last day before I had to go back to school, but I was trying not to think about that and just enjoy Halloween. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I hate my school or anything, but what kid likes going back to school after the holidays, right? "Poppy and Sean are coming over later on this evening and we're throwing a bit of a Halloween bash. Nothing too fancy, but it's going to be a lot of fun, I know it. I'm already dressed for the occasion, as you can see," I said, going over to the mirror in my bedroom and showing off my black 'Squad Gouls' crop top. I was also wearing a pair of tights that were half opaque and half skin coloured and there were cat heads at the knees, kinda like the graveyard tights I wore to Tulleys Farm. Over the top of my top and tights I was wearing a blue galaxy skirt with matching suspenders and a pair of classic white Converse on my feet. I had an adorable Halloween charm bracelet clasped around my right wrist, a black tattoo choker with a spider pendant around my neck, a black cat ears ring on my right middle finger and a pair of black heart earrings in. My hair was in a half-up-half-down, chunky French braid kind of thing and my usual face of makeup was on, along with my MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lipstick in the shade Oh, Lady. Lastly, my phone was sporting a black case with a cute little ghost on and white writing that said 'I'm Not Your Boo'.

It was only 9:15 which was why I was still in my room and after I'd gotten dressed, I took my phone and my vlogging camera and I went downstairs

It was only 9:15 which was why I was still in my room and after I'd gotten dressed, I took my phone and my vlogging camera and I went downstairs. I walked into the kitchen and saw Zoe, Alfie, Mark and Connor sat at the dining table having breakfast.

"Okay, I must still be in bed and dreaming." I spoke up, attracting the attention of the four, "Connor, you're up and the sun hasn't even set yet."

"Haha, very funny." Connor mumbled sarcastically, shooting me a scowl as I went over to the kitchen to decide what to have for breakfast.

"Yeah, this is the one of the few days of the year that Connor will actually get up at a decent time." Mark told us all.

"What are the other days?" I asked curiously after I'd set a bowl down on the counter and went over to the fridge to grab a yoghurt and some strawberries and raspberries.

"Christmas and his birthday." Mark replied. I let out a snigger as I grabbed a banana as well and started chopping up the fruit, putting it in the bowl.

"What's so funny?" Connor snapped.

"Nothing, I can just picture you running into Mark's room and jumping on his bed with your little stocking at Christmas." I teased, pouring the yoghurt on top of the cut up fruit.

"What, you mean like you did to me and Alfie last Christmas?" Zoe spoke up, raising an eyebrow at me as I walked over to the table with my yoghurt and fruit and sat down next to Alfie.

"That's different, I'm a lot younger than Connor. He's almost an adult." I stated.

"You're almost sixteen!" Connor pointed out. I just rolled my eyes at him.

The rest of the day wasn't too exciting, but then at around 4 pm we started decorating the house as Poppy and Sean were coming round for 6:00-6:30. We put some Halloween themed snacks out in the kitchen, and in the living room we put fake cobwebs on the ceiling, scattered some cold fairy lights around, some silver balloons that spelt out 'BOO' and some other bits and pieces. I vlogged the whole decorating process and the doorbell went just as we finished.

"Poppy and Sean are here!" I grinned into my camera, walking over to the front door and opening it.

"Lilia!" Poppy and Sean greeted me in unison which made me laugh. They each gave me a hug before following me through into the living room.

"Oh my god, you guys really went to town, didn't you?" Poppy said, staring at all the decorations, "It looks so good!" We thanked her as everyone sat down. We spent the beginning of the evening just sat in the living room, chatting, laughing and acting like the weirdos we all were, then we went into the kitchen to eat. After we ate, we went back into the living room to watch a scary movie in true Halloween style. I was the last to go back into the living room, though, and because the universe hates me, the only available seat was next to Connor.

"So, what are we watching, then?" Poppy asked.

"The Conjuring." Alfie replied. I mentally groaned. Truthfully, I hated scary movies but I wasn't going to admit that in front of Connor. I decided to go on my phone, hoping that would distract me. I went on Twitter and checked my mentions. One of the tweets I found was absolutely ridiculous, but what surprised me even more was how many people agreed with it. The tweet was:

(Completely made up usernames here 😂) 

@Suggs_not_drugs: @LiliaSuggy and @Connor_Ferris act like they hate each other but imagine if they dated they would be so cute omg 😍

I then looked at the replies:

@Ohmydeyes: @Suggs_not_drugs @LiliaSuggy @Conner_Ferris Have you seen the way they act in Lilia's vlogs sometimes? They obviously like each other, if only they would drop the whole 'enemy' act 

@Jess_Suggxx:@Suggs_not_drugs @LiliaSuggy @Conner_Ferris #Linnor needs to be real 💕

I decided to take action quick and set everyone straight.

@LiliaSuggy: I don't know where you guys got the idea but there is no #Linner or whatever the hashtag is. Sorry to burst your bubble guys 😂🤷🏼 xx

Just as I sent the tweet, I looked up to see a really scary part of the movie on the TV (I've never seen The Conjuring so bear with me 😂). I squealed and without even thinking, grabbed onto Connor, burying my head in his jumper. I don't think Connor realised what was going on either because he wrapped his arm around me. We then came to our senses and jumped apart.

"I, uh, need a drink." I mumbled, getting up from the sofa and going into the kitchen. Why the hell did my stomach feel all fluttery? And why was my heart beating so damn fast? My mind crept back to when I saw the #Linner tweets but then I sighed and shook my head, snapping myself out of it. Those tweets were nonsense. I hate Connor and that's how it's going to stay. I sighed again and opened one of the cabinets to grab a glass. As I opened the cupboard, however, I thought I heard something behind me. I turned around but saw no one.

"Zoe?" I called the first name I thought of, but no one answered. I then shook it off; I was probably just shaken up from that part of the movie I saw. I then walked over to the sink and filled the glass, before downing almost the whole thing in one go. Once I was finished, I put the glass in the sink and was about to turn around to go back into the living room, when all of a sudden someone grabbed my shoulders.

"BOO!" Connor yelled. I let out a shriek and spun round to see him in hysterics.

"Connor!" I shouted, whacking his chest as hard as I could, "You idiot!"

"Y-your face! It was priceless!" He laughed, pointing at me.

"You're a prick." I growled, pushing past him as I went back into the living room.

"Aw, come on! It was funny!" Connor called after me. I just ignored him with one thought in my mind; there was definitely no such thing as #Linner.

A/N: Heyyyy guys, I'm back from the UK! Turns out I barely had any internet and not only that, I was extremely busy so I was able to get barely any writing done anyway 😒 but I'm back now and I've updated! I hope you enjoyed this chapter guys and sorry for the wait, I'll be back to updating normally now. Love you all 💖

- Lucy xx