Chapter 30

*Lilia's P.O.V*

After the police handcuffed Callum they told us that we had to go down to the station as well so I could give a statement and also be looked over by a doctor for any bruises they could use as evidence. They also said they could look at my nose too, as I was fairly sure it was broken.

"Come on, Lils, they can help you." Joe told me softly when I looked unsure about going to the police station. I was still in his arms.

"Okay." I whispered and he gave me a small smile before we got up from the bed, and along with Zoe and Alfie, went downstairs. At that moment, Dad happened to be returning from our neighbour's house, just in time to see Callum being forced into the police car.

"What the bloody hell is-" He walked through the front door cut himself off when he saw me, stood with my siblings and Alfie, my hair disheveled, my face stained with tears and a bloody tissue held to my nose, "Lilia, sweetheart... Oh my god what happened, darling?"

"Daddy." I whimpered as I ran over and wrapped my arms around him, tears beginning to run again.

"What happened?" He asked me softly.

"Callum... C-Callum's been... he-he's been h-hurting me." I let out a sob as Dad pulled me back into his arms.

"It's okay, darling, shh, dad's here, you're safe." He muttered while rubbing my back. I could tell he was angry, as any father would be after finding out this information about his daughter, but he was trying hard to conceal it for my sake. One of the police officers then came back in and told us it was time to go to the police station so we did.

"Joseph Sugg, would you come with me, please." One of the police officers demanded once we arrived at the police station.

"What, why?" I was holding Joe's hand when we walked in and gripped it tighter, starting to panic a little. What if he got arrested for beating up Callum?

"It's alright, Lils, I'll be fine, okay?" Joe said but I'm pretty sure he was only saying it to keep me calm.

"Promise?" I whispered, fresh tears filling my eyes at the thought of him being in trouble with the police.

"Hey," He gently wiped away my tears, "I promise, alright?" I just nodded and he squeezed my hand affectionately, kissed my forehead and then followed the policeman to wherever he needed to go. The policewoman then led the rest of us to a room.

"There's a nurse in this room, she'll check you over and if you've got any bruises, she'll photograph them for evidence. She'll also take a look at your nose for you." The policewoman explained to me, her voice nice and soft, "You can go in by yourself or one of your family can go in with you, if that would be easier for you?"

"Zoe," I glanced at my older sister, "Can you come in with me, please?" My voice sounded so broken.

"Of course, Lils." Zoe said without a millisecond of hesitation, taking the hand that Joe was holding and giving it an encouraging squeeze before we both went into the room. It looked like a normal doctor's office. There was a bed in the corner with one of those weird paper sheet things on and there were several different medical machines hooked up, which didn't help to put me at ease.

"Hello, sweetheart," A woman wearing a doctors coat with long blonde hair in the french braid smiled at me warmly, "I'm Mel, I'm just going to be giving you a check up and taking some pictures, okay?" She told me basically the same thing as the policewoman did.

"Okay." I muttered, still holding tightly onto Zoe's hand.

"I'm going to need you to take your clothes off for me, so that I can have a proper look, is that alright?" She asked me gently. I gave a small nod, my heart hammering in my chest as I hesitantly let go of Zoe's hand and walked to the middle of the room so I stood in front of Mel. With trembling hands, I gripped the hem of my jumper and pulled it over my head before slipping my shoes off and taking my jeans off as well. I was soon left in just my underwear and I heard a small gasp from behind me. Tears threatened to spill because I knew that gasp came from Zoe and I knew it was because of the dark purple, black, blue and yellow bruises that were painted into my skin. I dared to look over at her and the expression on her face, the tears in her eyes and on her cheeks made it impossible for me to hold back a sob.