Chapter 20

*Lilia's P.O.V*

I woke up to sharp pain in my abdomen and it didn't take me long to realise what it was. Aunt Flo had come for her monthly stay. I quickly got out of bed and ran into my bathroom to sort myself out. Luckily, I didn't make a mess of my bed but I did need a change of underwear and a new set of pyjamas. Another cramp struck as I was pulling on my blue Snow White pyjama top and I let out a groan of pain.

Zoe, who happened to be in the hallway just outside my bedroom having just got up, must've heard me as she knocked on my door

Zoe, who happened to be in the hallway just outside my bedroom having just got up, must've heard me as she knocked on my door. I answered her with another groan.

"Lils?" She slowly opened my door looking concerned, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, just-" I couldn't even finish my sentence before I was in pain again.

"That time of the month?" Zoe guessed with a small, knowing smile. All I could do was nod as I clutched my stomach.

"You can stay home if it's that bad." She said.

"Can I?" I asked, looking at her hopefully.

"Of course you can." She gave me a gentle smile, "Now, get your bum back into bed, I'll be back in a minute with a hot water bottle."

"Thanks, Zo." I weakly smiled back at her, crawling back into bed and settling down as she left my bedroom. As promised, she came back about ten minutes later with my bunny hot water bottle, some ibuprofen and a glass of water.

 As promised, she came back about ten minutes later with my bunny hot water bottle, some ibuprofen and a glass of water

"Thanks, Zoe." I said again, taking two of the pills and downing them with the water.

"What are sisters for?" She smiled, "Try and get some more sleep, okay? I'll go and call the school." I mumbled an "okay" as she kissed my forehead before leaving my room, gently shutting the door behind her.

~~~

It was now about midday and I'd emerged from my bedroom to the living room. I was curled up on Alfie's lap on the sofa as that was the only position I could be in without it feeling like their was an axe wielding maniac living in my uterus (lovely mental image for you there) and we were watching Stranger Things on Netflix.