Chapter 26

*Lilia's P.O.V*

"Because I'm in love with you, Lilia!"

It had been several days and those seven words were all that had been on my mind. Zoe, Alfie and Mark walked over before either of us could say anything else and I ignored Connor for the rest of that day, which no one thought twice about considering we're supposed to hate each other. I thought we did hate each other but then Connor went and dropped a bombshell like that and ruined everything. Now I don't know what to think. Why would he even say something like that? Did he even mean it? If he did, why did he decide to tell me now of all times? Why did he think it was a good idea to tell me at all? And the one question that I couldn't shake from my train of thought, why was I starting to wonder if I felt the same?

Anyway, let's not talk about the train wreck that is currently my life for a moment. Today should be a pretty fun and exciting day because we were going over to the SacconeJolys' place and finding out the gender of their baby who is due in March.

I got up at around 8 am and took myself into my bathroom where I had a brisk shower before going back into my bedroom to get dressed. I decided to wear a grey sweater which had an adorable reindeer with a red bow and falling snow on and a pair of light high waisted skinny jeans. I put my hair in a half-up-half-down bun and did my makeup, using my Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid lipstick in the shade Heathers on my lips. Lastly, I slipped on a Nightmare Before Christmas charm bracelet and added my Starbucks Christmas drink case to my phone.

Christmas was just around the corner and as you can probably tell from my outfit, I was getting more and more excited with each passing day and my fashion sense was getting more and more festive

Christmas was just around the corner and as you can probably tell from my outfit, I was getting more and more excited with each passing day and my fashion sense was getting more and more festive. Once I was dressed, I went downstairs and said good morning to Zoe and Alfie before making myself some weetabix for breakfast. A couple hours later, we were due at the SacconeJolys' in twenty minutes when my phone started ringing. A wave of fear washed over me when I saw it was Callum and took it out into the hall.

"H-Hello?" I answered, trying not to sound scared.

"Let's hang out. Meet me at the park." He demanded.

"I-I can't."

"Why the f*** not?" He growled as the panic that was settled in my stomach only strengthened.

"I-I'm going with Zoe and Alfie to a-a friends' house."

"Yeah right, I bet you're blowing me off so you can get it on with your little boy toy."

"Connor's gone back to London with Mark, actually." That was probably the most assertive I've been with Callum and honestly, I was terrified once the words and tone left my mouth.

"Well, I'm sure you'll find someone new sooner or later. Can't be that hard for a little whore like you to find someone to cheat on me with, can it?"

"Lils, you ready to go?" Zoe and Alfie walked in before Callum could hurl any more verbal abuse at me.

"Uh, yeah. Callum, I have to go, I'll call you later." I would definitely be in big trouble for hanging up on him but I tried not to think about that and just followed Zoe and Alfie out to the car after pulling on my white high top Converse and my khaki jacket which had a fleecy inside, a hood and funky badges randomly sewn on.