Chapter 21

*Lilia's P.O.V*

I was in my room, getting dressed and I had yet to put on my shirt. I was just stood in front of my full length mirror, in nothing but a bra and trousers. I stared at the reflection of my body staring back at me, thinking about what Callum had told me yesterday.

// Flashback //

I walked into school and it didn't take me long to find Callum with his friends.

"Hey, babe." I got his attention and his face fell when he turned around and saw me. I'd overslept so I didn't have time to put any makeup on but I didn't think it would matter that much. Apparently I was wrong.

"Hey." He mumbled. The way he roughly grabbed the back of my head to pull me in for a kiss told me he wasn't happy with me and when his friends left, he turned to me looking annoyed.

"What's wrong with your face?"

"I-I overslept; I didn't have time to do my makeup."

"Well, get up on time tomorrow, yeah? You're an embarrassment without it."

"Right, s-sorry."

"And what have you been eating?" He looked me up and down like I was the fattest person on the planet.

"I-I don't know, the same as normal." I shrugged.

"Well, maybe you should cut back on "the same as normal" and start doing more exercise. Oh, and maybe think about wearing trousers from now on. Nobody wants to see those legs."

I just nodded at everything he said, my eyes downcast he wouldn't see the tears in them.

// End Of Flashback //

I sighed, my eyes landing on my stomach as my hands started pulling at the flesh.

I'd never really been self-conscious before. Yeah, I had my low points of self-esteem, just like every other teenager out there, but I'd never thought I was ugly or fat... But maybe that's just because no one's ever told me so. I was lucky enough to be blessed with incredibly sweet and supportive family and friends, but maybe I needed someone like Callum in my life to tell me what everyone else had always been too nice to say; the truth.

I don't have the flattest stomach or the smallest hips... Maybe I should cut down on the food and maybe I wear trousers instead of skirts to hide my thunder thighs.

"Lils?" Zoe's voice outside my bedroom door saved me from falling any deeper into my spiral of thoughts.

"Uh, yeah, hang on!" I called, grabbing my shirt and pulling it on before opening the door for my sister.

"What's up, Zo?" I wondered.

"I just came to see if you're alright, you don't usually take this long to take ready..."

"Yeah, I'm fine." I have her the most convincing smile I could muster.

"Alright, just checking. Hey, you're wearing trousers." She suddenly noticed my attire.

"And?"

"It's just you never wear your school trousers, it's always the skirt and sometimes tights."

"Yeah, well, I fancied a change. Is that a bad thing?"

"I never said it was. Anyway, I'll see you downstairs, yeah?" She asked and I nodded before she went back downstairs. I shut the door behind her and finished getting ready before going downstairs myself.

"Hey, Lils, what would you like for breakfast?" Alfie asked me as I entered the kitchen.

"Uh, nothing, I need to get going before I miss the bus."

"What? No you don't, you've got plenty of time." Zoe said from her spot at the dining table.

"Uh, actually, the bus is coming early today. Gotta go, love you, bye!" I lied about the bus, before grabbing my coat and bag and legging it out the door before anymore questions could be thrown at me. Skipping one meal wouldn't hurt, right?

A/N: What Lilia is doing is a perfect example of what not to do! Don't let anyone make you feel like you're less than amazing and if you're in a relationship with someone who treats you the same way as Callum treats Lilia then I'm sorry to break it to you, but they don't love you and you need to cut them out of your life. Verbal abuse is still abuse!

Right, now that I've gotten that off my chest, sorry this chapter was so short, guys. It was just a filler, really. Hope you enjoyed it, though. Until next time, my loves 💓

Lucy xx