Chapter 14

*Lilia's P.O.V*

I woke up with a groan, picking up my phone and turning off the alarm that was currently ringing throughout the entire room, and could probably be heard throughout the entire house. I desperately wanted to roll over and go back to sleep, but I knew I had no choice but to get up.

Today was my first day back at school and on one hand I was looking forward to seeing all my friends and getting back into the swing of things, but on the other hand I'd spent two weeks getting up at whatever time I wanted and having time that wasn't completely taken up by homework only for it now to be ripped away from me.

Anyway, I'd showered last night so I went straight over to my wardrobe and got out my school uniform. I guess I was quite lucky because my school uniform wasn't all that bad, in fact I thought it was kind of cute in a schoolgirl kinda way. I had to wear a white blouse, a red tie, a red, black and white plaid skirt, a navy blue blazer with six silver buttons and we could wear whatever shoes we wanted, as long as they were sensible. The boys had to wear the same, but trousers instead of skirts. I decided to wear a pair of black Converse today and I also wore a pair of tights because it was nearing winter time, meaning the temperature outside wasn't the highest. I didn't wear any jewelry apart from a pair of galaxy stud earrings and my rose gold watch which had little diamonds on the face and the matching rose gold and diamond heart bracelet, both on my right wrist. I dried my hair before curling it in loose waves and twisting my fringe to the back of my head to create a half-up-half-down sort of style. I kept my makeup soft and neutral and used my Maybelline Colour Sensational Liquid Lipstick in the shade Nude Thrill on my lips. Lastly, I popped on my grey wooden music note phone case and grabbed my red leather Love Moschino backpack before going downstairs.

After setting my backpack down by the front door, I found Zoe in the kitchen making herself some beans on toast, while Mark was sat at the table eating that same meal

After setting my backpack down by the front door, I found Zoe in the kitchen making herself some beans on toast, while Mark was sat at the table eating that same meal. Alfie and Connor must've still been in bed, not that I was surprised by that.

"Good morning, Lils." Zoe beamed at me, "Are you excited for your first day back at school?"

"Zoe, that's literally, like, the stupidest question to ask a teenager. The answer's obviously gonna be no." Mark laughed and I nodded in agreement.

"My thoughts exactly, Mark." I said, "But it's not like I really don't want to go, I'd just rather stay at home and sleep in."

"I know, but you'll be fine once you get back into the swing of things." Zoe said.

"I suppose you're right." I shrugged. I quickly made myself a bowl of honey cheerios before joining Mark at the table. Zoe soon finished making her beans on toast and came to sit at the table as well. We spent most of breakfast chatting and joking around rather than eating, so by the time I actually finished my cereal, it was time for me to leave in order to get to the bus stop on time.

"Have a good day, I love you." Zoe gave me a tight squeeze goodbye.

"Love you too." I smiled, before giving Mark a quick hug as well.