Chapter 25

*Lilia's P.O.V*

The day had finally come. After two long months, Mark and Connor were finally going home. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually a little sad about it. I mean, of course I'll miss Mark, but I might even miss Connor too. I won't miss him always getting on my nerves and trying to pick fights, but I might miss the few moments where we actually kinda got along.

Anyway, I woke up and glanced at the time, which was 8:15. I got out of bed and made my way into the bathroom, where I turned the shower on and let the water heat up while I got undressed. I then got in and used my apple & cinnamon scented shampoo and conditioner as well as my chestnut bodywash. I had to be careful while washing my body and winced slightly every time the shower puff came in contact with one of my bruises.

I was soon finished in the shower and got out, gently drying myself with a pastel blue towel before going back into my room with my towel wrapped around me. I went into my wardrobe and searched through my clothes until I found something to wear; my white and black Alice in Wonderland Rabbit polkadot sweatshirt, a pair of light wash skinny jeans and a pair of red Converse. I straightened my hair and did my makeup, before lastly snapping on my candy cane phone case.

We would probably be going into town later and when we did, I would wear my army green faux fur hood parks and my black double pompom beanie

Once I was dressed, I went downstairs and walked into the kitchen to find Connor sat at the dining table. We made eye contact for a split second before I looked away and hurried into the living room, deciding I could get breakfast later. That's how our interactions had gone the past couple days. Awkward and very nearly nonexistent. I just didn't know how to act knowing he's seen the hand-shaped bruises printed on my body.

"Morning, Lils." Zoe smiled at me. She and Mark were both in the living room. Alfie must've been in bed still.

"Morning." I smiled weakly.

"You alright?" Mark asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." If I told that lie any more I might actually start to believe it myself.

~~~

"Ready?" Zoe asked me as I reached the bottom of the stairs, where she, Alfie, Mark and Connor were waiting for me. We were going out for lunch, but I'd just needed to go to the bathroom before we left.

"Yep." I replied before we left the house. We all got in Zoe's Mini, Zoe and Alfie in the front while Mark, Connor and I were in the back. Luckily, Mark was in the middle. Before long, Zoe was finding somewhere to park and we were getting out the car. We ended up going to Bill's which I was happy about. I was going to order a pasta dish, but then I heard Callum's taunting voice in the back of my head reminding me to pick something that wouldn't make me "even fatter" so I ended up going for a salad and water instead.

After we'd finished eating, we decided to go down to the pier. Yes, we were going down to the beach at the end of the November, so what? Zoe, Alfie and Mark were off vlogging and I was about to join them when my phone buzzed. I took it out of my black leather backpack and panicked when I saw who texted me.

From: Callum
my parents are out so come over

What was I supposed to say back?! I couldn't tell him I was ditching him to hang out with Mark and Connor, could I?

"Is that Callum you're texting?" Connor suddenly appeared beside me.

"How did you know?"

"I can tell by the look of fear on your face."

My head shot up from my phone and I looked at him like he was crazy, "What are you on about?"

"I think you know exactly what I'm on about. He's the one that gave you the bruises, isn't he?"

"You're... You're talking nonsense." My heart was beating a million miles a minute but I tried so hard to hold it together and act normal.

"What was that?"

"What was what?"

"That little moment of hesitation there."

"I didn't hesitate."

"Yes you did."

"No I didn't, now just leave me alone and stop acting like you know everything about me and my relationship when you don't!" I screamed.

"I'm not saying I know everything, I'm just saying I know what I've picked up on." He claimed and I tried to tell him he was speaking bull again but he wouldn't let me get a word in, "You're not the same girl you were when Mark and I moved in. She was bright and bubbly and full of life, but you... You're the opposite of that. You've become so reserved and quiet and...sad. And you started acting like this around the same time you started dating Callum, and then I find out you've got bruises covering your body that look a lot like they were handmade. What am I supposed to think?"

I didn't speak, but the tears that I was unable to stop from streaming down my face were enough of an answer.

"You need to tell someone, Lilia." Connor said softly.

"No."

"You need to! It's what's best for you."
He continued, his voice beginning to rise.

"You don't know what's best for me so just back off, okay?!"

"I'm only trying to help you!" We were both full on yelling at each other now. I'm surprised Zoe, Mark and Alfie hadn't come over to see what was going on.

"Well, I don't need your help! I'm dealing with this on my own! Why do you even care, anyway?!"

"Because I'm in love with you, Lilia!"