1

Mumbling was all around me. I wonder where I am now. Haven't been out of that cell in a while. These people who are around me must be the people who took me out of my prison. Was that such a good idea?

"We know you're awake." A voice said. Sounded like a male. The voice was slightly muffled. There is most likely a cloth of some kind covering this man's lower or whole face.

I was not going to open my eyes. The light from the room is already bright enough through my eyelids. These people who have taken me out of a dark, lonely place don't seem to be very smart. If I was locked in a cell, for obviously a long time, how would they expect my eyes to adapt to sunlight after so long in the darkness? Truly unthoughtful plan of theirs. Hopefully one of them will realize the problem soon enough. I could hear shuffling before the brightness of the room had finally dimmed down enough for my eyes to take.

I forced my eyelids to open. My chakra is drained, it seems these people are much more careful than I once thought them to be. I could feel chakra draining cuffs placed around my wrists. There are six different people in this room. One was an elderly man wearing white clothing, who had two people with animal masks on. Another was a man with gray hair that stood up in a strange way. He was most likely the one who had spoken earlier, for he had a mask that covered the bottom half of his face and a band of some kind going over his left eye. There was another man, black hair covering one of his eyes, standing in the corner thinking I have yet to spot his existence in this white and pale room. You must be asking where I have gotten most of my knowledge from, I will answer since no one is speaking at the moment. I have stollen multiple books from villages that I have been to, learning quickly what every word was. I was either learning about the surface, or I was being pushed around and trained. The old man made a movement to turn his body fully to me. He was probably going to speak. Before he could, however, I decided to analyze the last person. It was a woman with long black hair and red eyes. She is the one that spotted me before I had passed out.

"Boy, what is your name?" The elderly, raspy voice of the old man had asked me. I turned my attention from the lady, back to the man who had just spoken.

That was a hard question. A long time ago my birth parents had given me a name, but what was it? I hadn't heard it in a while since the man that was killed had never said it much. Never said it at all, really. When the snake man had came to visit him, he had said something that sounded familiar. What was that?

"It seems that I can not remember that. If I could recall what I was named, I would have told you." I stated. These people have obviously not taken any trust in a stranger that has entered their village. I have no right to have their trust either way, because it is a fact that I had not even been conscious in this location for even an hour.

"You will be called Hitori Janai, is that ok?" The elderly male asked. That means never alone. I only nodded to him. I should not have received a name. That means I will be staying in this place. I can not tell if this is a bad or a good thing. "You will have to choose who you will want to stay with. These people in this room are your only options."

I blinked. It would make sense for them to want to watch me but I don't think it would be a good idea for me to room with someone when I was just alone for more years than I know. I may damage these people with my night terrors, if I happen to fall asleep. This is a very bad idea. I could obviously just not care about these strangers, but this is not the time or place.  These people have taken me out of a prison, so I will try my best to care.

"I can not stay with someone. I understand you want someone to watch me but I do not sleep and if I do, I would affect the roommate I have chosen. Another problem that I must point out is that I have been alone for over three years, how would my body and mind feel about suddenly changing my way of life?"
I informed. The people in the room seemed to be catching on to what I had just pointed out.

"Very well. You will be put into your own place." The old man stated. I nodded. He motioned for me to follow him and I did. He knew I had nothing wrong with me since I had no reason to be in the hospital besides the bruises and open cuts. We were passed by a few nurses. One was stopped my the old man. He had motioned to me, making the nurse look in my direction. He had said something before she removed my cuffs from my hands.

We had walked up to a tall, red building. When we reached a room he opened the door, sitting down. I stood in front of his desk. He handed me some keys and a map. It had a circle to show where I was now and where my new living quarters was going to be. I was then handed a sack of coins. Most likely for food and clothes. I'm not looking to good on those two vital things. I should look like an everyday person in a month or so.

"I never seemed to ask, but how old are you, child?" Another question was asked. I turned to him.

"I am about 8 or 9 for what I know. It was hard to tell when my birth day was with the dark cell I was kept in." I said. He only nodded in reply before I had headed out of the large doors of the room. This shouldn't be too bad compared to the many things that have passed.

--------------
There is the first chapter. Hope it was good.