8

I sighed, looking at the clouds. It's not super cloudy, so it's easier to spot them. Naruto taught me this. You lay down and pic out shapes in the clouds or you just relax. I'm almost drained of chakra, from the fight with kakashi earlier, so this is a good option. I am much stronger than I was when I was only a nine year old. Which reminds me, the old man that I was with before put a chip in my neck to control me. It fell out about a year ago, scaring Naruto because it pushed itself out of my neck and making it bleed, and it seems that it was holding back much of my power.

"You're in my spot." A familiar voice said. I looked up and saw that it was only shikamaru. I was about to move out of his way but he just took a seat next to me.

"I could have moved." I said, watching as he just turned his head to look at the clouds instead of the grass in front of him.

"Well, it's good to have company sometimes I guess." Shikamaru mumbled, looking back at me before he looked away again. This time, he seemed to be hiding his face. I do not see why, I have seen it before.

"I have heard that from many people. It's usually for me. People seem to think I'm lonely." I said, furrowing my eyebrows. I've never understood it. Girls and some boys would come up to me and say that I needed company.

"I think they are using that as an excuse to be with you." He said, laughing at me. "You're dense."

"So I hear." I said, laughing at myself. I really have changed, haven't I?

Shikamaru just laid back next to me and we looked at the clouds in a comfortable silence. Maybe I could try to fall asleep with him next to me. It seems that I can fall asleep with certain people with me, so I should try it on him I guess. I rolled so I was on top of him and just laid on him. I felt heat coming from his face and I looked up to see that his face was red. Maybe the red color comes with the feeling of embarrassment. That would make sense.

"Wh-what are you doing?" He asked, looking down to come face to face with me.

"Going to sleep." I said, letting my head fall back onto his chest. Naruto doesn't like it when I sleep with my head in his neck so I suppose that he would be the same. I believe the last time I slept was....a week ago? Yea that's probably right. The pull of darkness finally started setting in and I fell asleep.

....only to be woken up not even ten minutes later by a high pitched sound. I looked up to see that it was a woman, resembling shikamaru a bit. Shikamaru jumped and I rolled off of him. He looked back at the woman and he shook his head, running a hand down his face. She ran up to him and hugged him, spinning him around. She then dropped the dizzy boy and came to me. She obviously meant no real harm so I let her come to me. She grabbed my chin and examined my face, making sounds of approval. I don't understand what is happening. She pulled me to my feet and circled me.

"Oh you are just perfect!!!" She screamed, running back to shikamaru and putting him next to me, showing that I was taller than him by about two or three inches. She took a step back and squealed again, jumping around. She is more confusing that regular females. "You two are perfect together!"

"I do not understand. What do you mean?" I asked, tilting my head. A hand patted my shoulder and I looked behind me, seeing choji.

"His mom was looking for him. Pulled me along to come find him. Then-" he took out a bag and started eating chips, "she saw you two cuddling under the tree. She likes stuff like that apparently."

I blinked still not understanding. "Oh~! You got an oblivious one us see! Oblivious semes are the best!!!" She shouted, grinning from ear to ear. Shikamaru suddenly appeared behind her and pulled her away from me and choji. "Bye bye!!!
I hope to see you soon! Going on a date with my son!"

I turned to choji when I heard a choking sound. He was choking on his chips, laughing at what just happened. Wait, what is a date? Last time I have checked, it was a type of fruit.

"Ok, ok I'm done now. You wanna go eat at the BBQ with me?" He asked, smiling at me. I shrugged, nodding at him. I don't think I have much else to do. On the way there we happened to pick up Kiba and Naruto. In the end I had to pay for ten food and I did so with no problem, seeing that I have helped the hokage with a few things, earning money. After I took my leave with Naruto, we walked in silence to his house.

"Oh, I forgot to mention this earlier, but I'm going to go to the academy with you in about a week." I said suddenly. He stopped walking but I continued on. He would catch up. He was probably picking up something.

Instead of him coming up next to me, his footsteps were much faster than they needed to be and they were heading straight at me. He tackled me to the floor from behind and rubbed his face into my back. My back was getting wet and I knew he was crying, joy most likely his feeling. Hard to tell. I can't see his face.

"I'm not going to be alone anymore!" He shouted, his usual grin on his face. I turned around and hugged him back before we started back on our way to his house. We said our goodbyes and one thing was on my mind.

When am I going to tell Sasuke?

Is he going to be happy about the news or is he not going to care? Should I even worry about this? It should be fine.

-----------------------
Shikamaru scene. Shikamaru's Mom has approved. There will be more of these. And other stuff. Okie bye.