47

I woke up the nest morning with a popping sound, and Jiraiya's shout. I sat up and looked around seeing Naruto standing above Jiraiya, and Jiraiya sitting up, reaching for a towel. I looked toward Naruto and he gave me a thumbs up.

"I've cleared the first step!" He said. The old man finally got a hold of a towel and he sat on the other side of his bed, facing Naruto.

"Cleared?" He asked the blonde. His answer was a nod and Naruto took out a water balloon to show him that he had done step one. It was done with two hands and when it popped, Jiraiya was already asleep.

Eventually we made it down to the breakfast room place and we got our food. I ate mine while they talked, Jiraiya saying it was thanks to him until a cat came along. Naruto picked it up, explaining that the cat helped more than his actual teacher. I spaced out for a bit after I finished my food, and got yanked out of the chair by Naruto. I sighed, not in the mood to be dragged. Instead of being dragged from here all the way to the training ground, I scooped Naruto into my arms and Chakra jumped there. This is much better.

"WOW! It's like we're flying!" Naruto said, looking down. He then looked at me and hit my shoulder. "Why don't you just do this all the time? It's so cool!"

"Because I would rather be dragged then waste charka, but this time I didn't feel like I wanted to waste the time." I said, readying my feet for the landing. I jumped off branches to avoid harm and landed safely in the plain that he had used yesterday. Jiraiya came in to view and I leaned against a tree.

When he was standing in front of his student, Jiraiya handed Naruto a ball. It was made of rubber this time. "Your goal now is to pop this rubber ball." He gave a demonstration and Naruto tried to do the same thing he did with the water balloon, finding it much harder with a more solid substance. I walked off after that, continuing my own training.

t i m e s k i p

I was pulled back to where Naruto was by Jiraiya . When we got there the old man ordered Naruto to get him food. I was about to go along with him but Jiraiya held me back from doing so. "Ahh, What?! First you make me do your errands, then you take Hitori from me?! That's not even fair!" NAruto yelled. Jiraiya made a motion telling him to leave and when the blonde was out of sight, the sage became more serious.

"Hitori, I know that you are not from Konoha, but what side are you on? I don't think you seem to care if you are a part of the village or not, but I need to know because you can be a serious threat." He said. I tilted my head, thinking about my loyalty. That is a good question.

"Hm, I'm on the side that my companions take." I said. He stared at me a while before laughing. I furrowed my eyebrows at him and he only laughed more.

"I have nothing to worry about. As long as Naruto is a companion of yours, I will always know you are with Konoha." He said, releasing my shoulders which he grabbed when he first started this conversation.

"Pervy Sage! Why are you touching Hitori?!" A shout came from behind us. We both looked back and I was tackled away from the old man and onto the floor by Naruto. This happens too much. Jiraiya started laughing again, Naruto's face turning red, and the blonde sat up from me. He started yelling at the sage while I grabbed the bag of food, walking to the two. "Oh, right. Here's your food, Pervy Sage."

Jiraiya took it from my hands and sat down. "Alright. lets see here..." He looked through it and then stood up, walking by us. "Now I can continue with my research!"

"Hey...Pervy Sage....could you watch my training?" the blonde asked. Before the answer was given I was once again taken by the forearm.

"I've told you before, you have to master this on your own. And no Hitori either." Ok, is it me or does it seem like I'm an object? Seriously. Naruto whined as we were making our way down the hill. A frown made its way to my lips. I know that look. It was a look he threw on to cover up feelings. The same thing happens with Sasuke.

In the next few days I had to carry him back so his body would heal from all of the chakra usage. The day after that, Naruto was gone and Jiraiya smiled at me. "I'm going to go into town, would you like to join me?" He asked. I only shrugged and he took that as a yes.

We made our way out of the hotel and went to a stand. I stared at the things that he bought. It had a wooden stick that was in a weirdly shaped thing. One had two of the wooden sticks connecting to one thing while the other one had only one stick. I don't understand. Jiraiya looked back at me and then looked to where I was staring.

"You've got to be kidding me." he said, moving the things to a different space. I just followed it with my eyes. When we arrived at Naruto's training space, he had put it in his bag. When I looked at Naruto, he was engulfed in his chakra, facing away from us, and then popped the rubber balloon. Well, he put a hole in it. "It seems you've made progress."

"Yea," Naruto turned towards us. "but it only has a hole, it didn't pop like yours did."

"Don't act so tough." Jiraiya said, taking out the thing from before with the two wooden sticks, breaking it in two, and handing one to the blonde. He then turned and gave one to me. He reached back into his back and took out the other that only had one stick. they began eating it.

I stood, watching as Jiraiya drew something on Naruto's hand. Naruto looked down at it, but then  looked at me. I looked at the thing in my hand, seeing it was dripping. "Oh! You don't know what it is, huh?" Naruto asked, walking to me. "Its a popsicle. You eat it. Its really cold. Frozen."

I slowly nodded and looked down. I took a bite, and looked back at them to see them eating their 'popsicle'. what a weird name. Strange treat.

------------------------------------

My hand has healed...sorta. Its scabs now, and its really annoying. Ya know when you have that scratch, and it's really fucking itchy, but you can't scratch it cuz it'll gush out with blood or it'll hurt? I am having the struggle with that