35

Gaara reformed a few feet behind Lee, a crazed look in his eye. That is defiantly Shukaku. Sand continuously hurled itself at Lee, while lee was struggling to keep up with it because of the strain from the last move. This continued until he stopped to breathe. He happened to look up, spotting Guy who was smiling. Lee was suddenly able to move faster, dodging the next attack.

Only seconds after, Lee took a stance. "To abide by and protect my way of the ninja! Third...Life Gate open!" He shouted, showing his red face that had veins popping out. Chakra and air swirled around him. "Now for the forth gate, the Wound Gate...open!"

Lee leaned forward and propelled himself across the arena floor, making it crumble when he passed it. He kicked Gaara in the chin, sending the red head up. Gaara came out from the dust and ruble, letting everyone see just how badly his sand armor was cracking and chipping.

"Hiding behind that sand armor again!?" Lee asked, still speeding so the normal naked eye could not see him. "Then how about this?!"

Lee appeared before Gaara's airborne body and hit him, appearing behind him and hitting him again. This continued, Gaara never touching the floor as Lee bombarded him with attacks.

"This is the end!" Lee shouted, pulling his fist back as he was speeding towards the sand ninja. "Fifth Gate! The Forest Gate! Open!"

Lee wrapped the bandage around Gaara at a quick speed and punched him in the stomach. Gaara didn't fall completely because Lee was holding onto him with the bandage. Lee tugged Gaara towards him and hit him one last time as his final blow. Dust exploded around them from the force of the attack, not letting most of the other genin see what was happening. Gaara's gourd started to deteriorate into sand and before he could hit the floor it protected him, while Lee hit the floor and rolled out of the dust cloud.

When the dust had finally settled, they could see Gaara who was not nearly as hurt as he should have been since the sand had caught him. He held his hand out in Lee's direction and sand began to make its way toward him. A hand was formed and I could see that Shino had recognized it too. This was a deadly move that I had to avoid while we sparred and this is not going to end well for Lee. He obviously sensed the danger and tried to get away but the damage to his body would not let him. I feel like I should go and help him but I know he would not be too happy about it. The sand engulfed his left arm and leg.

"Desert Coffin!" Gaara said, clenching his hand into a fist. Lee screamed in agony and I stared as the sand tried to take his whole body. "Die!" Thankfully, Guy protected his unconscious student's body.

Gaara stared at him before he exhaled and grabbed his head. "Why...why did you help him?"

"He's..." Guy started. "He's...an important subordinate I love." He finished, a confident expression on his face.

"...a subordinate you love?" I heard Temari ask from across the room. Gaara stood up and started walking away as his sand gourd started rebuilding itself.

"Winner, Gaa-" before the judge could finish, Lee stood up. His heart beat was too slow to actually still be conscious....

"Lee...you... are you trying to prove your way of the ninja even after you've lost consciousness?" Guy asked, holding his student's shoulder, crying. How come....how come I've never cried like that? Maybe there is something wrong with me. "Lee...you are....an excellent ninja already."

"Winner, Gaara." The judge concluded. Gaara was staring at the two of them, before he looked up, and met my gaze. The emotion I could read as soon as his eyes had met mine, was realization and shame. He looked forward, about to walk until he noticed I had teleported next to him.

His eyes were glossed over and I simply smiled at him. He gave me an almost nonexistent smile. A smile that was filled with so much emotions I could not decipher all of them. Naruto ran by us and he didn't seem to take notice of me because the only thing he focused on was Gaara. Gaara looked back at him before turning to me again. We stopped and watched as Lee was carried out of the door. I know by standing next to Gaara it makes me seem like a bad person, but I will choose what I think is right.

I let Gaara use his sand to go back to his team and I walked up to Might Guy. I stood in front of him and patted his shoulder. He looked up and looked at me, anger and sadness coming from him that was not directed at me from what I can tell.

"He will be alright. He will find a way. Even if it doesn't seem right in the beginning. Either that or we'll find a person to heal him." I said. His tense shoulders relaxed and he smiled slightly.

"Yes, that is true." Guy said, before Kakashi said that we were in the way of the next match. All of us went back to our spots on the platform and Choji and the last sound ninja stood below everyone else. The match ended quickly and I walked out after that because they began to talk about the main fights.

As I was walking I heard two people talking, both of the chakra signatures familiar. Once I had gotten to the corner where I had heard it from I saw the sound jounin from before. There was no one else here. I blinked and walked past the strange man, until a voice stopped me.

"Hey...what's your name?" A male asked. I turned and saw the sound jounin looking at me, making me think he was speaking to me.

"I am called Hitori Janai." I replied. He chuckled and I furrowed my eyebrows. Is they something that is humorous? He seemed to noticed my confusion and held up a hand.

"Don't worry about it. You just remind me of someone I visited a few time." He said, a smirk on his face that is bugging me. He is making my head hurt. It is so strange.

"Are you in some way related to one of the people who took this exam? You feel like one of the people I have seen." I asked, finally deciding to end this. Hey had different forehead protectors.

"Yes, I am. It was a woman." He said, the smirk on his face growing wider.

"She must have done something to one of my friends. I could feel her chakra from him. Specifically his neck. I will kill her if I find that he will die from it. If she is already dead, I will dig her body from her grave and make it so that no one will recognize her." I said plainly before walking away. He was staring at me, a surprised look taking place on his face.

A face that I remember from somewhere.
From the feeling it's giving me, it was not a pleasant time.
---------------------
Yea. I was being lazy and forgot I had a story I could publish. I made this in like 5 minutes. Sorry if it's crap, I guess. Not really.