23

I sat up in my bed, getting ready right after. We will be guarding Tazuna on the bridge today. Must be prepared for anything. When I was about to leave a hand grabbed my shoulder. I looked back seeing kakashi.

"I want you to stay here and guard them." The jounin said. I sighed and nodded. They set off and I stayed by the front door....until I heard a noise in the forest. No, it was beyond the forest. It's the most from Zabuza. Maybe I should help them. Sasuke and kakashi are there so I need to protect them. But I also need to protect Naruto and the other two in the house.

I groaned. There are two people coming this way. It should be a learning experience for Naruto. But then Inari will be mad at me for leaving in the first place. I groaned louder. Life was much easier when I was locked up, but I have people now and that's what matters. I stood there for a while more before activating my Kekkie Genkai. "Ketsueki kontorōru: Tokubetsuna jutsu*." I mumbled, putting my hands together to make the dragon hand sign then my clan's special one.

The two people in the forest heading here instantly stopped moving. I killed them quickly, making clones so Naruto could practice on these people. I walked into the forest, sitting in a tree and waiting for the scene to play out. Everyone in the bridge is doing good so I will wait here in case something goes wrong. I watched as Inari finally stood up for his mom, and Naruto saved both of them before Inari could be cut in half.

"Naruto, you're like a ninja!" Inari said, a large smile on his face.

"Idiot. I am a ninja!" Naruto said. They just laughed. And laughed. And laughed. Ok he needs to get to the bridge. I jumped out of the tree and smacked him on the back of the head.

"You need to get to the bridge don't you?" I asked Naruto, raising an eyebrow. He jumped and started running. When I was in the middle of watching him rush away, I was hit in the leg. I looked down, seeing that Inari was glaring at me.

"Why didn't you do anything?! My mom could have been taken!" He shouted.

"Because they weren't real. I dealt with the other ones and made clones so they wouldn't actually kill anyone." I said plainly, turning myself to face him.

"You made me go through that?! I thought..."

"You grew in mental strength, and that what I was hoping for." I said, smiling and ruffling his hair. He stared at me before tears started to come down his cheeks.

"Man I wanted to stop crying..." he said, looking mad at himself.

"It's ok to cry when your happy." I said, smiling at his teary face. He started crying more. Until he wiped his tears.

"Aren't you going to go and help them?" He asked, still drying his face. I shook my head no.

"I have a feeling I shouldn't interfere in that fight. Something is meant to happen." I said. He slowly nodded.

"Hey Hitori? What's strength to you?" He asked, looking at the water. That is a good question.

"Strength is being able to think about others first. It's smiling through tough times. It's living for someone that is worth it I suppose." I mumbled, nodding to my words as I spoke. It's a hard question to answer. There are multiple meanings like the physical strength, but that isn't something that matters here. What these people need is mental strength.

"Hitori could you help me with something?" Inari asked. I hummed. "Could you help me get people to the bridge? To help?"

I smiled once again and grabbed the kid's hand. "Yes, I will help you." I said, making a hand sign and teleporting to the village. I was about to walk off before I sneezed.