Chapter 1

quick author's note:
(y/n) is your name, since this is an x reader; (f/i) is your first initial; (l/n) is your last name
okay; now enjoy the story!!
---------------------------------------------

(y/n)'s POV
I stared at the T, forever written on my left wrist. Who could it be? I was already in high school, and had no idea who my soulmate is. Why did it have to be the first initial? I don't even know the given names of any of the guys in my class, only the family names that I addressed them by. This whole soulmate thing was so frustrating and nerve-wracking. How would I figure out who is my soulmate is?

"(l/n)!" my teacher's loud voice quickly reminded me I was still in class, "What is the answer to this equation?"
Crap, how was I supposed to know? I quickly stood up anyways, staring at the equation on the board.
"It's seven." I heard a faint whisper from behind me.
"Um, seven."
"Correct," my teacher paused, "sorry I thought you were not paying attention."
"Sorry!" I exclaimed before sitting back down. The class resumed as it was before, boring.

Wait, who sat behind me? I really had to thank them before the end of the day, if they didn't help me I would have gotten detention. I quickly glanced behind me, but couldn't tell who sat behind me. It was a boy, however he was covering his face with his hand. As I looked at him, I noticed his wrist had the letter (f/i) on it. Nervous, I quickly turned back to face the front of the room. A tsunami of questions quickly flooded through my brain: Who was he? Was that really my first initial on his wrist? Did he know if I was his soulmate? Was he my soulmate? All I knew was I had to talk to him after class today. I needed to know who he was.

After what felt like days, the last bell of the day rang. Before I could even put my papers away I could hear the seat behind me pushing backwards, and the boy behind me beginning to walk away. Frantically I shoved my papers into my folder and zipped my pencil case shut. I nearly ran out of the classroom to catch up with him.

"Excuse me!" I tapped his shoulder, "You helped me answer that math equation, right?"
Shocked, he stared at me with wide eyes before responding, "Yeah."
"Thank you so much!" I smiled at him, "That was really nice of you. I really appreciate it."
"No problem." He began to walk away.
"Wait!" I called for him, "Sorry but, what is your name?"
"V."
"V?" I was so confused, that wasn't a name. I've never heard that before.
"Umm..." He awkwardly scratched the back of his neck, "I have to go, bye."

With that, V left me in the hallway by myself, even more confused than before. V was not a family name, nor was it a given name. Why did he say V? Was that his first initial? But then why would he say that was his name? Confused, I walked to my locker and grabbed my backpack before leaving the building. My thoughts were completely filled with questions about V.

Taehyung's POV:
My heart was shaking, I was so nervous and awkward! I'm such a mess around girls. I shouldn't have helped her, I doubt I'll be able to be around her now without freaking out. But her smile was so cute and she was so happy that I gave her the right answer. Maybe it was just because she would have gotten detention if I didn't tell her the right answer. But still, my heart's beating like crazy. I should have told her my actual name. Why did I give her my nickname, V? I could tell she was confused by it and now she'll probably ask me about it. I should have just stayed silent. I'm such an idiot.