2019 Special

(y/n)'s POV:
A proud smile covered my face as I walked through the supermarket and heard BTS's Idol playing through the speakers. I can't believe how much has changed for those goofy boys in just a few years. It seemed like it was just the other day we were all crazy kids in school, surrounded by tons of drama. I giggled to myself; those were such overdramatic and crazy times.

Now Taehyung was a worldwide idol, starring on dramas and live tv around the world when he isn't practicing or on tour. I'm thankful that BigHit is letting me and Taehyung "date," but sometimes it just feels like we're pretending. He's always so far away, and in interviews he can't really say he's met his soulmate - he can only say that "There's a girl out there with my initial on her wrist, and hers is on mine. And she's the one I love." It's been years, and I can't remember the last time he and I got to go on a real date. I know he's my soulmate, but when will he really be mine?

A small sigh left my lips as I paid for my groceries and began walking to my apartment. Taehyung and the rest of BTS are due to arrive back home in just a few hours, hopefully I'd get to see him then.

As soon as I got home, the small amount of sadness surrounding me immediately disappeared. I put the groceries away, then plopped down on my bed. Taehyung's lion stuffed animal, a little worn out from its age, contently laid on my bed next to me. I hugged it and giggled, no matter how I felt, Taehyung's soft stuffed animal always made me feel better. It was my favorite reminder of him: it just resembled him so perfectly. It had soft hair that stuck out in a wildly cute way, it was soft and perfect to hug, and it always made me feel like no matter what problems were going on, I'd be fine. I'd be fine because I know I'd always have Taehyung as my soulmate, no matter how far away he was or how busy he was or how much I missed him.

Taehyung's POV:
"Can I finally go see (y/n) now?" I whined as we left the airport and got in our van.
"Can you stop complaining about how much you miss her?" Jungkook snapped back, fatigue evident in his cranky tone.
"Guys, relax." RM warned, "I know you haven't been able to hangout with (y/n) in forever - none of us have been able to spend quality time with anyone we care about because we've been so busy. But I don't know if we have the time or opportunity to go out on our own to do stuff."
"Yeah," Jin interrupted. "Plus, it's midnight. You know they'd want us asleep soon so we can be well rested for tomorrow."
"I can't believe our schedule doesn't give us time to see our soulmates." I whined, sadly staring out the window as the van began to move.
"At least you've had more free time recently to video chat with her on a somewhat regular basis!" Jimin smiled, ruffling my hair in encouragement. "I know it's rough that your schedule hasn't lined up with hers at all and you haven't had the opportunity to spend quality time together, but try to staying thinking on the positives in life."
"Yeah, it's definitely better than being in a company that wouldn't let you and (y/n) be together." J-Hope grinned.
"It's pretty much like we're not allowed to be together though!" I exclaimed, so frustrated. "There's been so many chances I could've spent time with her. But no, I need to stay in the dorm and rest, or I need to practice more, or we really need to focus on a comeback! Why can't I just get time to spend with her?"
"It'll be okay." Jin offered a reassuring smile. "I'm sure you'll get a real day off soon. One where you can go back home and visit your family and spend time with (y/n)."

Eventually the van stopped at our dorms, and we all got inside to our respective rooms. I checked the time, 0:45, and sighed. I was tired, and I had a schedule to follow tomorrow. It started at 9:00, meaning I had ample time to sleep and then prepare myself for the day. It didn't account for a sudden trip home, but I bet I could fit it in that time.

When I was sure no one would notice, I grabbed a backpack and filled it with the clothes I was supposed to wear later in the day. After putting on my hat, mask, and shoes I left and walked to the train station. It has been far too long since I last saw (y/n). I told her that I didn't care about my reputation, and all that mattered to me was being with her, yet I let that all slip through. I got too wrapped up in the debut, then the comebacks, and the interviews, and practices, and everything else that I didn't even notice how much time passed since I was last home, with (y/n). Everyday I missed her more and more, but everyday was also filled with so many activities that before I knew it, I was sleeping and the next day had already begun.

I boarded the train, feeling triumphant and proud. I'll finally get to use the apartment key (y/n) mailed me so long ago - when she first moved into her apartment. The letter said I could visit whenever I was available to, and in all this time I haven't. But now, I could finally use the key and spend much needed time with her.

As the train sped down the tracks I wondered what it would be like, finally spending time with (y/n) after only seeing and talking to her through calls and texts. Surely, this would be the best moment other than when I found out she was really my soulmate.

My tired body began to betray me as I walked down the streets towards (y/n)'s apartment. It was nearing three in the morning, and I was beginning to regret not getting more sleep. Nevertheless, I continued on; motivated and unafraid of whatever trouble I'd get into for disobeying the rules. I told them I'd always care about (y/n) more, and it was definitely past the time for me to prove that to her.

As I opened the door into her apartment building, nerves danced through my body, electrifying each and every limb and muscle. I couldn't believe I've let this much time pass on before I came back home. I know (y/n) loved me and was willing to wait for me, but I've made her wait far too long.

I eventually entered her apartment, and unsurprisingly all the lights were off and she was asleep. As I tiptoed through the room, I laughed a bit as I noticed she still slept with the lion stuffed animal I gave her so long ago. (y/n) looked so pretty, even as she peacefully slept there. In fact, she was absolutely astonishing and beautiful.

Gently, I shook her awake, smiling as her eyes fluttered open. As the sleep cleared from her mind, she adorably bolted up and dragged me into a big hug. Once we both withdrew from the hug, I pulled her into a kiss. Giggles and smiles erupted from the both of us after the kiss ended, and I knew that despite all the time I've been busy being an idol: none of the stage lights or fan-chants felt nearly as amazing as looking at (y/n) and knowing she's my soulmate.

author's note:
i'm so sorry it's been absolutely forever since i've done anything! i'm hoping to get back into wattpad, and if you guys have suggestions or recommendations i'd really appreciate it. hopefully my writing style has improved (sorry i wrote this without reading it after because i just felt so bad i haven't been on in an actual year). i know the timing in this story is probably messed up a bit now, but i hope you enjoyed this cute little piece hahaha. thanks for all the support and love! i love and appreciate you all so much!