Chapter 12

author's note
just as a little reminder for you guys: thank you so much for the support! it truly means a lot to me :) i'm really happy that i am making a story that people actually like and read. i was really worried that no one would really care about my story or i'd be made fun of because of it. thanks again, you guys are really the best!
---------------------------------------------

(y/n)'s POV:
As I walked to school the next morning, something felt different. But I couldn't think of what it was, I was wearing the same uniform, had the same hairstyle, nothing really changed about me. I wasn't even on the school grounds yet but I already had a feeling that today was going to be unusual. Then I turned the corner into the school grounds and was greeted by BTS. They were all lounging around the front gate, clearly waiting for someone. I just wished it wasn't me. However as soon as I saw them they stopped moping around and perked up.

"(y/n)!" Jimin smiled at me, "Good morning."
"Morning." I awkwardly smiled back and slightly bowed to them.
"Stop bowing." JHope laughed, "We are all around the same age."
"Be nice to her, she is just being polite." Rap Monster laughed.
"What's up?" I hoped to end this conversation soon and just be alone again.
"V is sick." Jin groaned, "He's not supposed to be coming to school today. But he's worried about you."
"Stop saying stuff like that!" I blushed, "There is no way he's worried about me."
"He is, he still doesn't want us to talk to you." Jungkook laughed, then began impersonating Taehyung "Even though he's sick, when we visited him last night he was like 'Leave (y/n) alone. Don't talk to her. You just embarrass her.' It's annoying, he cares about you too much."
"Yeah, he doesn't even really care that he's sick. He only really talked about you." Suga complained.
"So?" I gave them all a really confused look because I didn't understand them or Taehyung. If Taehyung didn't want them around me, then why did they greet me as soon as I walked to the school and talk to me? "What do you guys want?"
"To see why V worries about you so much now!" Jungkook smiled, "And to help him stop worrying about you."
"Yeah! We are just going to hangout with you!" Rap Monster smiled.
"Umm, you d-don't have to!" I stuttered, even more embarrassed. "I'm fine, really. P-plus won't Taehyung be even more mad if we hang out? I mean, doesn't he not want me around you guys?"
"He's pretty sick, he's shouldn't be here today or even tomorrow. He was coughing and sneezing so much, despite acting like he was fine." Jimin smirked, "And what he doesn't know won't kill him."
"Plus, it'll be good for him if we get along." Jin smiled, "He won't worry as much!"
"O-okay." I blushed even more, "So I'll sit with you guys during lunch?"
"And hangout with us after school!" JHope smiled as he wrapped his arm around me shoulder, beginning to walk to the inside of the school.
"And sit with me during class, since I doubt V will be here." Jungkook smirked and grabbed my wrist to pull me away from JHope.

As Jungkook led me to the school, the other boys tried to pull me away from him. We got many judgmental stares from other students as we walked by. All the other boys were trying to pull me away from Jungkook; saying that it would make Taehyung mad, that I should be treated more like a girl, we shouldn't be making such a scene, and that it was unfair since Jungkook and I were in the same class. I felt like a new toy that was being fought over by six baby boys as each of them tried to get me away from the others. But then, as I awkwardly stood there being fought over, I saw Taehyung walking in. Unlike yesterday, he had one of the sick face masks on and looked really sick. His scarf and face mask covered his mouth and nose but I could tell from his eyes that he was very surprised to see what was happening. Without hesitation he immediately walked over to us and pulled me away from his friends and into his arms.

"What is wrong with you guys?!" He yelled at his friends, after pulling down his face mask. Everyone looked so shocked that no one really responded, they were in disbelief that he was here.
"C-calm down." I looked up to him and really didn't know what to do. I was blushing so much and was so nervous. He was so extremely hot, I could feel his fever. "I-it's fine."
"No, it's not fine!" He angrily spoke before beginning to cough a lot.
"Y-you really are sick..." I whispered so he could barely hear it, "You s-should go home and rest."
"V," Jin looked both disappointed and upset, "you said you wouldn't go out today. You can't recover in just one night! You need to rest."
"How can I rest when I'm worrying so much about what you guys are doing?" V looked torn and confused, between coughs, sniffles, and sneezes he continued to speak. "All I was doing was worrying, I couldn't rest or sleep."
"Why don't you just trust us?" Jungkook yelled at Taehyung. I felt all the students nearby begin to stare at us, making me blush even more.
"Why don't you guys just listen to me?" Taehyung yelled back, pulling me closer to his warm body. "I've told you so many times to leave her alone!"
"But you have no reason to stop us from talking to her!" Jimin rebutted. "It's not like you're dating her or anything! You are being so confusing! We want to help you!""
"Then leave me alone!" Taehyung harshly released me and walked away, coughing. As he walked away, he pulled up his face mask and covered his face. I began to walk towards his direction but was stopped by Suga.
"Give him the few minutes left before class starts alone." Suga weakly smiled before turning to the rest of BTS, "What do we do now?"
"Leave him alone," Rap Monster sighed, "just for a bit. Hopefully he'll figure it out."
"Let's not make it any worse." JHope sadly turned to the direction Taehyung left in, "If it's even possible for him to be any more mad at us."
"I'm so sorry!" I bowed and felt tears coming. "It's all my fault, I'm so sorry. I'll try my best to fix it!"

Before they could tell me otherwise or make me feel less guilty, I ran to class. I didn't bother going to my locker because I knew they'd just find me there. When I walked into the classroom, which was nearly full since class started soon, I saw a depressed and coughing Taehyung in his back row seat. He was nearly lying on his desk, hiding his face underneath his arms, possibly trying to cover his coughs. But I think it was actually so that he didn't have to see me or Jungkook. I sadly took my seat in front of him and wondered how I would help him feel better and forgive me and the rest of BTS.