Chapter 27

author's note
sorry for taking so long with this update! i just didn't know what should happen next! i had so many ideas and concepts but after writing them, i ended up not liking any of them and restarting over and over again. sorry, i'll try to make sure it doesn't happen again! if you want to leave suggestions or requests, then i'll probably be able to update quicker! i just really want to make sure you all like the story. thank you for everything!
---------------------------------------------

(y/n)'s POV:
I nervously went through the rest of the day, worried about dealing with Mark and Taehyung. Being around Mark clearly made Taehyung mad, but Mark had no other friends and can't really socialize with the students here. I wished they could both just be friends. Why did Taehyung even hate Mark so much? I sighed as I stood up after the last bell of the day rang, My heart ached as I opened my locker. Mark had no friends here and he would struggle so much to make other friends. But I also wanted to hangout with Taehyung and keep him so happy. Why is everything so complicated? I gently rested my head on the cool locker, truthfully, I didn't want to have to deal with either boy. But of course, I told Mark I would meet up with him at the front gate. And of course, I noticed Taehyung walking towards me.

"(y/n), can I walk you home?" He asked, while I abruptly shut my locker and started walking away.
"I'll be fine, I have to meet up with someone on the way home anyways." I ducked away from his arm and began to walk away.
"Oh come on." He pleaded, picking up his pace to catch up to me. "I'm sorry about today in class. It was only because Mark joined our class." Taehyung grabbed my hand, "I promise I won't do stuff like that again unless you're okay with it. Let me walk you home, I'd be so worried about you if I left you to go home alone."
"Sorry." I sighed after running my hand through my hair. "But I really have to meet up with one of my friends."
"I don't mind coming with you then." He smiled, "As long as I get to spend more time with you and that you stay safe."
"I guess if you're okay with it." I sighed, finally giving up. Why did i even try to convince him to listen to me? "Promise you'll be nice to my friend?" I nervously looked at Taehyung. How would he react knowing that I was going to meet up with Mark?
"Of course." Taehyung's smile remained, patting my head. "Anything for you."

I bit my tongue, completely anxious. I just decided not to tell Taehyung we would be meeting up with Mark and we started walking together to the front gate. An awkward feeling captured both of us as we walked in silence. I was just completely nervous, and I guess Taehyung was equally nervous. He wasn't doing anything funny or even fidgeting as he silently walked next to me. We made it to the front gate, where Mark was leaning against the gate on his phone, waiting. Immediately, I could tell that Taehyung was disturbed, nervous, and slightly upset.

[E] "Hey, Mark!" I smiled, waving to him, hoping I could remove the uncomfortable feeling. "Do you mind if Taehyung hangs out with us too?"
[E] "Sure." Mark unhappily looked up from his phone and quickly put it in his pocket as he pushed himself up to stand straight.
[E] "Cool, thanks." I gripped the backpack in my hands harder, completely nervous. "Sorry about him, he was really insistent on taking me home."
[E] "It's all good." He quickly used his non-broken hand to lift the backpack out of my hands. "Here, let me carry this."
[E] "No, don't." I tried pulling the backpack out of his grasp, "I can carry it. Plus you have a broken arm!"
[E] "It's just broken." Mark shrugged as he slung my backpack on his shoulder. "I can do it."
[E] "T-Thanks." I stuttered, embarrassed. Why do I even bother trying to convince either of these boys anything? "What did you want to meet me up for?"
[E] "I wanted to treat you to something." Mark responded, nervously staring at the ground. "To thank you for everything you've done for me."
[E] "I've told you so many times! You don't need to buy or give me anything!" I laughed, playfully pushing him away as he started to laugh as well.
[E] "Come on, there must be something you want." He looked up at me, a small smile on his face. "What about something from your favorite store? I still remember where that is."
[E] "No, that's too expensive!" I looked over to Taehyung, who was just awkwardly standing behind me on his phone. "How about instead you try your best to be his friend too?"
[E] "I can try." Mark muttered, a little reluctant. "But he doesn't like me."
[E] "Yeah, I'm sorry about that." I giggled a bit, "I really don't know why he doesn't like you though."

Taehyung's POV:
Jealousy burned through me as I stood there, hearing (y/n) and Mark talk. It was so unfair that I couldn't understand their conversation very well. I could only pick up a few words here and there, but not enough to really understand what they were talking about. I started to scroll through my phone, in hopes it'd distract me from the immense urge I had to pull (y/n) away from Mark. I just wanted her to completely forget about Mark's existence. Didn't she know that she's mine?

I met her first. Talked to her first. Hung out with her first. Hugged her first. Held her first. I was her classmate first. Her friend first. I sighed, wishing I could say boyfriend instead of friend. If we really were dating, I'd be able to yank her away from Mark. I don't want her talking to, helping, or even being around Mark. I don't want her to forget about me. I don't want her to like Mark more than she likes me. I was her soulmate, right?

Just then, to pull me back into reality, my phone vibrated. Anger quickly took the place of jealousy in my mind as I read a text from the BTS group chat. Taehyung, third wheeling on (y/n)'s date with Mark much? I immediately gripped my hands into fists, furious and ready to kill both Jungkook, for sending that text, and Mark, for just being alive. After turning my phone completely off and shoving it in my pocket, I walked closer to (y/n).

"I'm leaving now." I practically hissed despite trying to hold back my temper. "Bye." It felt like someone was stabbing my heart as I walked away from (y/n), leaving her with Mark. But I quickly walked away anyways, making sure not to look at either of them as I left.

As soon as I got home, I plopped on the couch and curled up into a ball, ready to cry. Why was the situation like this? Why couldn't (y/n) just be mine? Why did Mark have to come here? My frustration and anger turned to sadness and despair during my lonesome walk home. If (y/n) really cared about me, she would have stopped me, talked to me, or anything. Instead, she just ignored me and stayed with Mark. I hugged my knees closer to my face, tears forming around my eyes. If this is what having a soulmate is like, if this is the change that you experience after meeting your soulmate, then I wish I never had met (y/n).

After what felt like eternity, but was most likely just an hour, I heard frantic knocks from my front door. I rolled over, wiping any remaining tears off of my face, to check the time. Eon Jin and Jeong Gyu weren't supposed to be home yet, who could be at the door? I slowly made my way to the door, still removing the hot tears from my face, and opened the door. Before I could even look to see who it was, I felt two little arms wrapping around me. I looked down to see (y/n) burying her face in my chest. What was she doing here?