Chapter 21

(y/n)'s POV:
I happily walked along the sidewalk with Mark, pointing out to him good places to eat or hangout. He just smiled and nodded each time. Some people stared at us and I joyfully pointed at places and told him what they were and what he could get there. It was fun just kind of teaching him about all the restaurants and stuff. Then I saw one of my favorite stores, a cute little stuffed animal shop. I was grinning like crazy as I pointed to it, too bad it was closed for tonight.

[E] "That's my favorite store!" I beamed, "It just sells cute stuffed animals and merchandise like that! If you ever need to find me, I'll probably be there." I turned to see Mark smiling and nodding as he stared at the store. "So, is there anywhere you want to eat from the places I've showed you so far? We are getting near the end of all the good restaurants and stores nearby."
[E] "I don't know." He trailed off, looking around.
[E] "What is your favorite food?" I paused looking around as well, "There will probably be a place that sells what you like nearby."
[E] "I guess..." He paused thinking, "hamburgers."
[E] "Oh yeah! There is a good hamburger place nearby." I smiled at him as I grabbed his non-broken wrist and pulled him down the streets towards the American hamburger place.

He should have told me before, when I pointed that restaurant out that he would want to eat there. It was getting quite late, I should hurry up to check on Taehyung. Once we got there I turned to him to see him blushing. I looked down and realized I was still gently holding on to his wrist. A blush formed on my face too as I released his wrist.

[E] "Thanks." He rubbed the back of his neck and began walking inside.
[E] "No problem." I smiled, "I'll wait for you out here."
[E] "Ummm..." He trailed off, looking at me. It was as if he was waiting for me to follow him inside. "I can't order."
[E] "Oh yeah." I nervously laughed, "Sorry I forgot." He just blushed and opened the door for me then walked alongside me to look at the menu on the wall. I took a quick glance at Mark and immediately felt bad, he looked so overwhelmed. How much Korean did he actually know? "Do you know what you want?"
[E] "No." He stared in awe and confusion at the menu. "Just the most regular burger? A milkshake?"
[E] "Yeah, they have stuff like that." I also looked at the menu, "Do you have any allergies or anything?"
[E] "No." Mark pulled out his wallet and handed me some money. "Do you want anything?"
[E] "I'm good, thanks." I smiled at him and walked away to order. As I waited for the food to be cooked, I looked at Mark every so often. I felt bad for him, he was clearly overwhelmed and unsure of what to do. However, one time when I looked back I saw a group of people I never expected to see. Or, rather, did not want to see.

Almost surrounding Mark, I saw Jimin and the rest of Taehyung's friends. I quickly turned away as soon as I saw them. They would recognize me, they would tell Taehyung. This would not be a good situation. I nervously tapped on the counter, how much longer would it take for Mark's food to be done? Then as if the employees knew I really wanted to leave, they called the number of my order and I grabbed the milkshake and bag. I nervously looked back at Mark again, he was so close to Taehyung's friends. I kept my head down and practically ran towards Mark, grabbing his wrist I began to pull him away. I did not want to risk being seen and recognized by any of the other boys. However it did not work.

"(y/n)?" I heard Jin's voice over all the other voices and sounds in the restaurant. "Is that you?"
"Sorry..." I trailed off. What was I supposed to do? I just kept staring at the ground and tried to pull Mark away.
"It is you!" Jimin motioned to Taehyung's hoodie and sweatpants. "I knew I recognized these clothes! They are Taehyung's, right?"
"Why are you here?"
"Who are you with?"
"Where's Taehyung?"
"How is he doing?" I was assaulted by questions from all the boys.
"Sorry, I have to go." I quickly spoke before apologetically looking at Mark. The poor boy probably had no idea what was going on. "Taehyung is still sick. This is Mark, I'm just helping him out real quick since he doesn't understand Korean well. After I am going back to help Taehyung."
"Ahhh, this is Mark." J-Hope looked at Mark, then all the boys began to judge and stare at Mark. Poor kid.
"How do you know him?" Jungkook looked at Mark slightly disappointed or unapproving.
"I ran into him earlier today." I matter of factly said before trying to pull Mark away again, "Alright, I really have to go. We can all talk later."
"(y/n)." Suga gently tugged on my arm. "Think about Taehyung more, will you? He really does care and worry about you..." Suga trailed off to look at Mark, "Just try not to make him worry as much, okay?"
"Yeah." I quickly responded, "I really have to go. Bye!" I practically dragged Mark out of the restaurant and in a completely different direction.

Taehyung's POV:
My phone began to go off, almost immediately I grabbed it to check what was happening. (y/n) has been gone for a long time now, where was she? I looked at the notification, slightly disappointed it was a text from the BTS group chat. We just met Mark! A text from Jimin, I couldn't believe it. There's no way they met him, wasn't he with (y/n)? Weren't they on their way to Mark's house? I quickly called Jimin's number.

"What do you mean by you met Mark?" I didn't even say hello to him, I just wanted to know what was happening.
"Hello to you too." Jimin giggled. "How are you? Better?"
"Yeah, I'm fine." I hurriedly responded, I don't care how I was doing. How was (y/n)? "Did you see (y/n)? What do you mean that you met Mark?"
"We were going to get hamburgers and they were there." Jimin paused, making me more frustrated. "(y/n) was in a real rush though, she kept trying to leave."
"Where is she? Where did she go?" I gripped my phone a bit tighter, why wasn't she back yet?
"I don't know." Jimin trailed off, probably to think. "But she did mention that she would go back to your house."
"What was Mark like?" I continued the questions. I wish I could have just been with (y/n) the whole time.
"I don't think he can speak Korean." Jimin laughed a bit, "He just stood there confused, kind of reminded me of you!"
"Don't compare me to him." I practically growled at him. "Bye." I hung up the phone.

I angrily sunk into the couch. Where was (y/n)? Why was she taking so long? Did she like Mark? My heart felt like it was being ripped into a million tiny pieces. (y/n) was my soulmate, right?