Chapter 28

author's note
sorry that the last chapter was a cliff hanger! i didn't mean for it to be. but it made me really determined to write this chapter for you guys, especially since i took so long with the last chapter. so enjoy! it really means so much to me that you guys like this story, really thank you!
---------------------------------------------

Taehyung's POV:
I stared at (y/n) in confusion and awe, she was here! But why? As we hugged, I felt what seemed like tears through my shirt. What happened? Why was she crying? I tried to pull her back, to see her face, but she clung to me even tighter. I wrapped my arms around her as well, still not understanding why she was here.

"(y/n).." I whispered, resting my head on hers, "What's wrong? Why are you here? Are you okay?"
"I'm sorry." She paused to sniffle, pulling away from me where I could now see the tears that stained her face. "I just.. I was so worried about you!"
"What?" I pulled her into a hug again, was I imagining this? "I'm fine, what's wrong?"
"Are you really fine?" She whispered, hiccuping from her crying.
"Why wouldn't I be?" I ran my hand over her hair, "Stop crying, I'm fine. Nothing happened. Why were you worried?"
"You just stormed off!" She exclaimed, slightly frustrated, "I can tell when you're mad, and you were furious! For what? Why?" She pushed her head closer to my chest, "Then you didn't respond to my calls or texts." Her voice was nearly a whisper now, "I looked all over for you and your friends weren't helping at all. I was worried about you!"
"(y/n)...." I trailed off, not sure how I should respond. "I'm fine, I've been here the whole time. You shouldn't worry about me. Don't cry anymore, okay?"
"Why were you even so mad?" Her voice was now a faint whisper. "Ever since you met Mark, you've been upset. Why?"
"(y/n), you'd laugh at me if I told you." I released a deep side, "Or you'd be mad at me."
"Please tell me." She pleaded. "So that I can try to make sure you don't get mad anymore."
"You don't need to worry about it." I ruffled her hair a little bit, I couldn't tell her it was all because of her. I couldn't tell her that I didn't want her to be friends with Mark anymore, she'd be devastated.
"I can't not worry about you!" A smiled formed on my face as I heard her say that but it quickly disappeared as she kept talking. "It's because of Mark, isn't it? He's not a bad person, he just can't speak Korean well. I can't understand why you hate him so much."
"I don't hate Mark." I quickly responded, trying my best not to sound upset or jealous.
"Then why are you always so frustrated around him?" She finally loosened her grip around me.
"Do you really not know?" I ran my hand through my hair, releasing her from the hug to look at her, she just shook her head. I wiped the remaining tears off her face, "You can't see how jealous I am of him?"
"You're jealous?" She questioned, staring at me with tears still on the verge of falling. "Jealous of what?"
"That's enough crying for today." I smiled at her, "How about we do something else? Want to go out?"

(y/n)'s POV:
"W-What?" I quickly stammered in response, embarrassed and a little confused.
"Let's go hangout!" Taehyung grinned before turning around to put on his shoes. "What do you want to do? Go out and eat? Go to the arcade? Go shopping?"
"Well, anything is fine if I'm hanging out with you." I mumbled, embarrassed. I just wanted to hangout with Taehyung, hoping that it would keep him happy as well. "Just one thing," I paused, not knowing how he'd react, "please answer the questions I ask you."
"F-Fine." Taehyung reluctantly sighed, "But I get three possible skips."
"What are you jealous of?" I walked alongside him as we left his house.
"Skip." He spoke quickly, clearly wanting to avoid the question.
"What did you mean that you only said I was your girlfriend in front of the class because Mark was there? Would you not have done it if, Mark wasn't in our class?" I looked at him for any signs of emotion, but Taehyung just stared blankly ahead as we walked side by side down the street.
"I said it just because he was there, if he wasn't I wouldn't have." He shrugged.
"What is it about Mark, that makes you act so differently?" I stared down at my feet as we walked, becoming more nervous and embarrassed with each question.
"Skip." Taehyung sighed, "How many more questions are you going to ask?"
"This can be the last one." I paused, "Would you ever become friends with Mark?"
"Depends." He quickly spoke, seeming a bit uncomfortable from the questions.
"Depends on what?" I continued, really wanting to know.
"You said the other one was the last one!" He whined, earning a little giggle from me. "If you're going to keep pushing for that question then I'll use my last skip."
"Fine." I sighed, giving up. "So what are we doing now?"
"Aish! You and your questions." Taehyung laughed, "You'll see in a little bit." Taehyung grabbed my hand as we kept walking.

Blush rose to my cheeks as we walked down the street while holding hands. We eventually stopped at a nearby arcade. Taehyung dragged me through the building, showing off all the machines, smiling and excited like a young child. He grinned and happily pointed at all of his favorite machines. We spent around two hours at the arcade, Taehyung playing many different games that he loved and then forcing me to try a round as well. I couldn't help but laugh at how overjoyed he was to be there. I clutched the small eevee stuffed animal he won me in a crane machine game as he debated which stuffed animal he'd try to get me next. He said he couldn't spend all his money at the arcade, so just one more game. I giggled as his eyebrows furrowed together while he truly wondered which claw machine game to play.

"The eevee is enough." I spoke between laughs, "You really don't need to get me anything else."
"But it's fun!" Taehyung whined, "And I'd get you every single stuffed animal here if you wanted them."
"For now, just eevee." I giggled. "I love this one already! I don't need anymore stuffed animals." I held the eevee up, "Since you won it for me, it's worth more than all the other stuffed animals."
"Fine." Taehyung pouted, "Maybe another time we'll comeback together and I'll get you another. Like one of the giant teddy bears! I've always wanted to try and win one of those!"
"What would I do with one of those giant teddy bears?" I laughed, poking his nose. "My hands are already full with you!"
"Whenever you miss me, you can hug the giant teddy bear." He smiled, pulling me into a hug. "A replacement me for when we're not together!"
"Nothing could ever replace you!" I giggled against his chest, what a silly boy.
"Really?" Taehyung beamed, clearly very happy. He hugged me tighter, his forehead now resting against mine. "Nothing, or no one could replace me?"
"Of course!" I smiled, slightly blushing. "You could never be replaced!"

Then before I knew it, Taehyung leaned over and kissed me.