Chapter 7

author's note
okay so I know that Jungkook and V aren't the same age, therefore wouldn't be in the same grade or class but tbh I couldn't picture any of the other members pinning you against a locker or being slightly sassy. so yeah sorry about that because some people have messaged me saying it's inaccurate but I mean this story is purely fiction
---------------------------------------------

(y/n) POV:
After about an hour, the bell rang causing me to rise from the corner. I looked at the nearest clock in the hallway, seeing that it was lunch time. After wiping the tears from my face I went to the cafeteria for lunch, the part of the day I hated the most. I sat at a table alone, like always, except today, due to me leaving the classroom early, I didn't have papers to study or work to do. The table in front of me was completely empty, no one sitting in the seats around me and no food or papers on the table. I put my head down on the table, resting as I thought about the mess that was my life, until someone started tapping on my shoulder.

"(y/n)?" I opened my eyes to see one of Taehyung's friends. I turned around, expecting to see the rest of them, but it was only him. I relaxed a bit, he wasn't the one that grabbed my wrist or pinned me against the lockers, maybe he was nice.
"Yes?" I finally answered him as I began to sit up straight.
"What happened earlier today?" He gave me a worried and confused look, "I saw V run out of the building, he didn't have his things or anything. He literally ran out."
"Wait, really?" I was worried, he didn't leave because of me, right? "Did he look upset or sad or something?"
"I don't know," the boy rubbed the back of his neck in distraught, "did something happen during class or something? Jungkook just told me to ask you."
"Oh..." I awkwardly paused, not sure if I should really say what happened. Quickly, I decided to change the subject, "Sorry but what is your name?"
"I'm Kim Seokjin, but everyone just calls me Jin." He slightly bowed, "Sorry I should have said my name earlier."
"It's okay!" I smiled at him, he was pretty nice. "At least now I know your name." I laughed.
"Anyways..." Jin paused, fully catching my attention. "Do you know why V ran out of the building? I know he's a weird kid, but he usually doesn't just runaway."
"Yeah..." I nervously paused, slightly scared and worried about how Jin would react and really curious about how Taehyung was. "There were a few issues during class today. I'm not really positive why he ran out but he had a rough time in class today."
"How so? I mean he's not the smartest, but he usually does fine in class."
"It wasn't an academic issue." I weakly smiled at Jin, trying to find the best way to describe the situation. "There just was drama this morning between Taehyung, me, and... Jungkook. He's the one in the same class as me and Taehyung, right?"
"Yeah, Jungkook's the one in your class. What type of drama happened?" Jin looked at me really worriedly. It was as if eyes were daggers, piercing into mine, waiting for the answer.
"It's kind of a long story." I whispered, hoping he would just give up. I didn't want to talk about what happened, I didn't want to think about it. I didn't want to think I caused Taehyung to run out of the building.
"I'll listen to all of it."
Nervously I told Jin everything that happened involving Taehyung during class today. I also awkwardly told him about what happened between me and Taehyung in the hallway. Except I didn't mention the crying or the hug, I only spoke about the apology and him running away. Once I was done telling the story, I looked over to Jin who nervously had his hands over his face and was staring down at the table.
"Wow, he must be really torn up about this." Jin sighed, "Want to sit with me, and everyone else, for the rest of lunch?"
"Excuse me?"
"Yeah, come on!" He stood up and smiled at me, "V's never acted like this before, don't you want to help him?"
"How does me sitting with you guys during lunch help V?" I doubtfully looked at Jin. He was nice, but I didn't know about the other boys. Taehyung also said he failed to protect me from them, so wouldn't it be better if I stayed away from them?
"Think about it, his best friends getting along with, or at least trying to get along with, the girl he worried about. Wouldn't that make him happy, or at least less worried?" Jin reached his hand out for mine, "Please? I'll make sure nothing bad will happen to you."
"Fine." I reluctantly stood up, "Just this one time."

Jin smiled and grabbed my wrist, probably since I didn't take his hand, and pulled me all the way to the table where the rest of BTS was sitting. I nervously stood at the table as Jin forced everyone to introduce themselves to me. Once they were done with their introductions I awkwardly bowed then took the empty seat at the end of the table. Across from me sat Kim Namjoon, or Rap Monster, then to my left was Jin. I heard the murmurs of the students at the tables around us as I sat at the table with nothing to do.

BTS was pretty popular in the school, nearly all the girls wanted to date, or at least talk to, one of the seven boys. They were the cool guys, admired by every student in the building. No one typically sat with them, except for any girlfriends the boys had. But even at that, they didn't really date many girls or care about one long enough for it to be usual for anyone to see more than the seven boys at the table. I sighed as I heard students creating rumors about me. Some were saying there was something going on between me and Jin, others saying I was probably with them because of something with Taehyung, a few students even believed there was something between me and Jungkook because of what happened this morning. But most of them were just saying negative things about me or things like "the boys could do way better than her."

I didn't really care though. I didn't even want to be sitting here. I wondered where Taehyung was and what he was doing. I really hope he was okay, wherever he was. It was all my fault, I should have just been paying attention in class yesterday. I could have avoided all of this. This could have just been a normal day for me. I could have been sitting at a lunch table by myself, studying or something. Taehyung could have been happily sitting at this table, hanging out with his friends. But instead, I'm sitting at his table, with his friends, while he's all alone. I've pretty much ruined his life in a single day, aren't I just the worst person ever?