Chapter 22

author's note
sorry for not updating for so long. i hope to be able to update more often. i really am so sorry for taking so long. but thank you so much for the support, reads, and comments. you all truly make me so happy! also im really sorry that i have no real concept of time, especially for this story. to be honest i feel like ive been making the days too long and not giving specific times really doesnt help. i really have no idea if its too late at night for them to work on their project, but im also pretty sure they still have school tomorrow so sorry for that hahaha.
---------------------------------------------

Taehyung's POV:
I waited for (y/n) for what felt like forever. Did Mark even live in this area? What was taking her so long? I waited on the couch, bored and worried. Surely, nothing happened to her, right? I was practically asleep when I woke up to my phone going off again. I sighed as I looked at it, was (y/n) finally here? I scrolled through the notifications, there were so many things I ignored. Right now I didn't care about any of my social media, the BTS texts, or whatever else was going on. I finally saw it and a slight smile appeared on my face. A text from (y/n), Sorry for taking so long! I am almost at your house. A few minutes later I heard light knocks on the door and immediately opened it to see (y/n) smiling with a few bags in her hands. I tightly hugged her before she could even take a step inside.

"T-Taehyung?" I could tell she was blushing and nervous without even looking at her adorable face. "A-Are you okay?"
"Yeah," I paused, snuggling into her shoulder a bit more. "only now that you are back."
"T-Thanks." She stuttered, probably still very embarrassed and nervous. I released her to let her inside and shut the door.
"What took so long?" I tried to look at her face, but she avoided looking at me and began to take her bags to the kitchen. "I was really worried about you!" I whined as I gave her a hug from behind. "It's too dangerous for you to be out so late at night! I don't know what I'd do if something happened to you."
"Thanks, but really I'm fine." She sighed and pulled some instant cook noodles out of one of the bags. "This is for you, since you didn't eat any of the ramen with me."
"Thank you!" I smiled while still hugging her and grabbed the noodles from her hands. "I'll eat soon, promise."
"You better eat!" (y/n) quickly turned herself around and put her hand on my forehead. I felt the blush rising on my face and quickly let her go from my hug. My heart was pounding like crazy. Did she forget I was hugging her? We were so incredibly close and she was still facing me. We were so close that all I wanted to do right now was lean down a bit and kiss her. But before I could do anything, (y/n) pulled me back to reality. "I'm surprised you didn't get even more sick. You were outside without a jacket, didn't eat dinner at the right time, and stayed up late. This doesn't make sense."
"I'm better because you are here!" I cutely smiled at her and pinched her cheeks which earned a giggle and blush.
"Sure." She giggled and turned back towards the bags. "I hope you like those noodles, Mark and I bought a lot like them for you." She started pulling out various different instant noodle packs and putting them on the counter.
"Do you like Mark?" I asked and immediately felt embarrassed so looked away from her. The room was quickly filled with silence. Even the crinkling sound of the plastic bags stopped. There was a long pause as we both stood there silent.
"W-What?" She finally uttered after the unbearable silence. Too bad that wasn't what I wanted to hear.
"I know you heard me..." I trailed off, embarrassed and slightly frustrated. "Do you like Tuan Mark?"
"How could I like someone who wasn't my soulmate?" She still avoided my question, why couldn't she just directly answer me?
"Well..." I paused, unsure of where to take the conversation next. "Do you like me?"
"Are you my soulmate?" (y/n) responded without hesitation, as if she's been waiting to ask me that question.
"I'm not sure." I sadly responded and before I could add anything, (y/n) spoke again.
"Me too." She ran a hand through her hair, "I don't know anything about what's going on anymore."
"I'm sorry." I back hugged her again, nestling my head at the crook of her neck.
"I'm sorry too." (y/n) suddenly turned towards me again and buried her face in my chest. Her small arms wrapped around my body as I held her in a hug.

(y/n)'s POV:
I could practically feel Taehyung's heart beating as we hugged. He was so nice and warm to hug, I didn't really want to pull away. But I had to. I don't know if I was his soulmate or not. In the corner of my eyes I could see Taehyung pouting a bit as we separated from the hug. I'm sorry. I quickly turned back to the counter and emptied the rest of the bags as Taehyung went and cooked his pack of instant noodles. As he sat down at the table to eat, I grabbed my paperwork for our project, which we really needed to work on. We were probably so behind compared to the other groups.

"You don't mind if we work on the project while you eat, right?" I asked before he started to eat.
"Yeah, sure." He nodded, "What do we have to do? You already wrote down all your answers for me and interviewed me. We still have more work?"
"We didn't get to finish your interview." I sighed, just thinking about the moment. "Remember?"
"I guess." Taehyung shrugged before beginning to eat.
"Okay, cool." I yawned and stretched a bit, becoming a bit tired from the long day. "Let's start."

I asked Taehyung many different questions but only had to write the answers down in English. As time passed on, I became more and more tired. Taehyung continued happily eating and answering my questions as I began to slouch more, rest my head on my hand, and allowed my handwriting to become sloppier. I quickly began to struggle to stay awake. It wasn't that working on this project was boring or Taehyung was boring me, but I was just suddenly so tired from today. Then, before I knew it, Taehyung's voice seemed to fade away and I had drifted to sleep.