Chapter 33

author's note
I am sososososo sorry for not updating recently! I really have been so sad that I rarely got to update and made you guys wait so long for this update. But I now finally have my laptop so will be able to write whenever I want! I really am so sorry, I don't even know words strong enough to show how bad I feel for not updating this in forever. I hope you all enjoy the update and have been happy and such while I was gone!
------------------------------------------------------

(y/n)'s POV:
I woke up to gentle shaking. Rubbing my eyes, I was nearly blinded by the bright lights of the nurse's office. How did I end up here? The nurse smiled at me as she reached over to check my temperature.

"Oh, good! You're finally awake!" She giggled a bit, "I was worried you'd have to go to the hospital or something!"
"What?" I mumbled in response, completely confused. "What happened?"
"I'm not sure actually." The nurse sheepishly laughed. "When I came back from my lunch break I found you tucked in here. But you didn't wake up for the longest time and even had a bit of a temperature. So I just let you stay while I did some work."
"What's wrong with me today?" I spoke very quietly to myself, shaking my head when the nurse looked at me, thinking I was trying to talk to her. She then turned back to one of her cabinets, probably not convinced I wasn't trying to talk to her.
"Are you okay? Sick in anyway? Have any allergic reactions?" She asked while rummaging through the cabinet.
"I thought I was fine, but I guess everything has just been so crazy lately..." My voice reduced down to a whisper as I tried thinking about all of the recent events. Why did everything have to be so confusing?
"Why don't you tell me what's been going on? Maybe I can help." She smiled, sitting down in the chair near my bed.

I sighed, contemplating on what I should tell her. But decided to talk to her anyways, immediately feeling bad about how long I ranted about the recent events in my life. It felt amazing though, finally getting everything off my chest. Sharing my confusion with someone else felt so much better than just keeping it all to myself, even if that someone else is the school nurse. It was okay, she's nice enough and definitely wouldn't spread this gossip out to any other students. At least, I hoped. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion when the nurse started laughing when I was done talking. Maybe she was up to date with the school drama.

"You kids never listen do you?" She giggled. "'Too much drama. Have you ever even talked to an adult about the soulmate letters?" I shook my head when she paused, waiting for my response. "Wow, kids these days. What do they teach even you about soulmates? It's all wrong! Honey, the soulmate change only happens if you believe the other person is your soulmate."
"What?" I cut her off, feeling complete disbelief.
"Your world only changes when you believe that person is your soulmate. You said it yourself, you think Taehyung is your soulmate, right?" She asked, as if I was a baby learning something for the first time.
"Y-Yes." I stuttered, "But then how come the world didn't change the first time we kissed?"
"You didn't believe it last time. That also probably explains why you've not been feeling so well today, you were deciding on who was your soulmate and who wasn't." She sighed, "And that's probably why you're here now. However this soulmate thing came about, it's a huge strain on the body. Making that decision today probably took so much energy out of you without you even realizing it!" She laughed again, too entertained by the situation.
"So Taehyung is my soulmate?" I asked, despite knowing the nurse couldn't really know herself. If who my soulmate was really depended on what I thought, then she wouldn't have any idea at all. I just wanted to laugh at myself for being so naive and worried.
"Well you like him don't you? You kissed him before coming here and always feel different when you two are together, right?" She asked while getting up and stretching.
"Yeah, I guess so." I slowly responded.
"Then there's nothing else to it!" She smiled, "Now don't believe whatever other kids tell you. I don't even know where you kids get all these strange ideas."
"Okay, thanks." I smiled back as I got up and bowed, before walking out of the room.