Chapter 34

author's note
this story is coming to an end :((((( im not sure if im making this chapter the last one or not... i feel like it would be too hasty of an ending but to be honest, there's not much more where i can take this story. i abandoned my original plot for this story a lonngggg time ago! i kind of really don't want to end this story because i will miss you all so much! maybe i'll write one really cute, soft, no drama fluff chapter to end this after. sorry for making this story so long and complicated and not updating in so long. you all really make me so happy, i hope to make it up to you! thank you so much! enjoy!
———————————————————————

(y/n)'s POV:
I couldn't have been any more surprised when I saw both boys on the rooftop, not yelling or fighting with each other. Instead of going up to either of them and talking, I remained near the door to silently watch. Even from this distance, it was easy to tell that Taehyung hasn't noticed Mark yet. Meanwhile Mark looked like he definitely wanted to say something to Taehyung. Intrigued, I got a a few steps closer, wanting to be able to hear what was going on. Mark meekly walked over to Taehyung, who was leaning against the barrier, staring out at the view of the horizon and city-line. I wanted to laugh as I saw Mark reach out to tap Taehyung's shoulder before quickly withdrawing his hand, as if touching Taehyung was a sin.

I tried my best to hear what was happening but it was far too windy and the boys were too far away for me to be able to hear anything. I just watched and hoped for the best as I saw Mark struggling to tell Taehyung something. What could Mark even be trying to tell Taehyung? Whatever it was, Taehyung kept interrupting Mark, making the older American boy flustered and probably stutter a short response. I could only imagine how nervous Mark must be and how confused and frustrated Taehyung is.

I silently sighed before returning to the door and going back inside. I couldn't hear anything and I was only becoming more interested in something I probably shouldn't be interested in. I know it's wrong to make assumptions and eavesdrop but during the entire walk back to class, all I could think about is the conversation I wasn't a part of on the rooftop. What did Mark have to tell Taehyung? My mind was so filled with questions, guesses, and thoughts I hardly noticed when class started.

Taehyung's POV:
I returned to school much earlier than usual this morning. I just didn't want to have to deal with anyone until I absolutely had to. So I went back up to my spot on the rooftop. Although I was probably worrying everyone in BTS so much, I really enjoyed spending my time here. The view was actually pretty nice, something I could stare at all day long without getting bored of seeing it. The school's rooftop offered a perfect sight for me to forget about so many of my worries. They just blew away with the wind that sent shivers down my spine and ruffled through my hair. It was peaceful up here, all alone. But unfortunately my self-isolated time was quickly ended as I felt a tap on my left shoulder.

I turned to see a scared looking Mark, who pulled away his hand immediately and began to rub the back of his neck. I looked at him in shock. How did he know I'd be here? Why does he want to talk to me? Just before I was able to walk away, and ignore him, he squeaked out a few words.

"W-Wait!" I boredly glared at him as he nervously toyed with the bottom of his shirt.
"What?" I quickly spoke, wanting to get him out of my sight. "What do you want to tell me?"
"I, uh..." He paused, probably trying to form his sentences.
"Why are you even here?" I paused, my stare becoming more intense. "How did you know I would be here?"
"F-Frie-" I cut him off before he could stutter out anymore.
"If you can't even tell me anything then, I'm just going to leave." I turned away, "Just learn Korean already, instead of wasting your time."
"Taehyung, wait..." Mark mumbled out after he ran right in front of me. His voice was barely a whisper, if he stuttered anything else, I definitely did not hear it. "Look." He raised his left wrist for me to see it. I just looked in confusion, nothing was there.
"What?" I continued looking at his wrist as Mark blushed a bit and then grabbed my left wrist. He pointed to the (f/i) on my wrist.
"H-Here." He made sure I saw the initial on my wrist before showing his wrist again. "Not here."
"What happened to yours? It was there before, right? What did you do?" I asked but soon remembered how limited Mark's Korean is after he confusedly looked at me. "Why?"
"Don't know." He shrugged before pointing to me. "You..."
"I?" What about me? Mark saw my now confused look and sighed. "What?" He paused for a while, probably thinking of what to say before shaking his head no.
"Forget it." Mark then scurried away, silently walking to the door leading back to the inside of the building.

I almost wanted to follow Mark but with no real reason and hardly a way to communicate with him, it wasn't worth it. Instead I remained on the rooftop, completely unsure of the time or anything like that. Just a few more minutes, I mentally told myself. I needed more time for the wind to blow any worries out of my head. I looked down at the (f/i) on my wrist, it was still there. Why was Mark's gone?

I must have sat on the rooftop just filled with questions as before I knew it, I felt tiny droplets of rain start to fall down and create a colder atmosphere that enveloped me. Even though I began walking inside, I just couldn't pull myself away from the thoughts. How come the initial on Mark's wrist was gone? I got into class, surprisingly only ten minutes late, and mindlessly took my seat behind (y/n). At least I wouldn't have to worry about the possibility of Mark being (y/n)'s soulmate at all anymore.

A smile was brought to my face as I thought about that. (y/n) really is my soulmate. No more competition, no more doubt, no more confusion. I was right all along and just wanted to jump in joy. The beautiful, adorable, nice girl that took care of me when I was sick and put up with all the drama is really mine. I don't really need the 'life-altering change' I always thought about. Her becoming the part of my life that she is now, is the change. I've added that amazing girl as a part of my life, That is the entire change. What else could even really happen?

I wanted to laugh at myself, for believing all those crazy little things about the soulmate initials that I was always told. Maybe I just believed it so much because out of all the boys in BTS, it was always me. I never really cared that much about my soulmate as the other boys. I didn't care to date any girls before. But now that's all changed. I have a soulmate that I care so much about. I want to actually date her. The rumors and gossip don't count, I've not officially, properly asked her to be my girlfriend or date me. I need to change that.

"Taehyung!" My teacher hollered from the front of the class. "What is the correct answer and why?"
"Umm..." I stood up to look at the board, but was completely lost in the jumble of unfamiliar characters. In front of me, (y/n) had flipped her notebook open to a blank page. Pretending to be taking notes, she scribbled furiously on the paper. Perfect for me to be able to read her writing. "[E] Serendipity."
"Wow! Good job." The teacher smiled and I sat down before he said anything else.

When he turned back to the board, to write more things, (y/n) turned back and flashed a quick, adorable smile before turning back to take her notes. A smile then formed on my face as well. Everything was so great right now. I have (y/n) and she has me. Our initials tie us together and despite all the crazy things that have happened, we truly are soulmates. (f/i) for me, T for her. The girl that has driven me crazy, worried me beyond belief, and completely changed my life has created a pure happiness that could never be replaced.