Chapter 29

author's note
i am so sorry for taking so long on this update! i had to return the laptop i was using before, so was unable to write for so long :(((( i apologize in advance if it takes longer from now on since i will not have my own laptop to use; up until now i had been using the laptop my school lets me borrow hehehe but now im in the summer and cannot use that laptop anymore :( i will try my best for often updates! fighting! enjoy!
------------------------------------------------------

(y/n)'s POV:
A bright blush and smile rose on my face as Taehyung pulled away and smiled back at me, blushing as well. I smiled with him, but really felt like crying and frowning. I didn't notice any drastic change after kissing him, my world appeared exactly the same as before. I stared down at the eevee stuffed animal in my hands, what was I supposed to do? I suddenly felt Taehyung's arm around my waist and was quickly snapped back to reality.

"I-I'm sorry." He stuttered, embarrassed. "I was just caught in the moment." He quickly changed tones as he laughed and smiled. "But, did you see that? Everything is so much brighter and prettier now!" He poked my nose, "Especially, my beautiful soulmate!"
"Y-Yeah!" I lied, having no idea of what to do. "I can't believe how bright everything is now!"
"I can't believe you're really my soulmate." Taehyung beamed, holding me tightly. "It's really you!"
"Me too!" I smiled at him, "I didn't even believe the soulmate thing much before." I paused to look around us, at the world that appeared exactly the same for me. "But everything is so much better now! It's really true!"

Taehyung just stared at me, a bright smile across his face as he held me tightly in the hug. I had no idea what to do; embarrassed because of the kiss and unsure because I felt no change, I continued to stare at the eevee stuffed animal. What am I supposed to do now? How come the world changed for Taehyung but not me? Could we really be soulmates? A flood of worrying questions flooded over me as I walked with Taehyung down the street. I was so lost in thought that I had no idea where we were going, I was just blindly following Taehyung. I was just completely confused about everything.

Taehyung's POV:
I kicked pebbles along the sidewalk as I walked with (y/n), lightly holding her hand. I couldn't handle looking around at the world. It would only make me depressed, nothing changed. I couldn't believe I lied to (y/n), but there's no way she couldn't be my soulmate. There must be something wrong with this world. What happened? I wished the (f/i) on my wrist was gone, replaced with some other letter in the alphabet. Any letter would be fine. Anything else would be fine. Anything that wouldn't connect me to (y/n).

I just can't understand the whole situation! How could (y/n) not be my soulmate? There's no way she wasn't. Everything in my mind changed when I met her. I couldn't think straight, I could only worry about her. I stopped caring about everyone else, only wondering how (y/n) was. My heart was stolen by her. There's no way that she wasn't my soulmate. I sighed as we walked closer and closer to her house, it broke my heart. My heart was breaking being right next to her now, but it would only break more when we will have to separate.

No matter how much I hoped, she probably didn't notice a change in her world. Nothing could change the fact my world was exactly the same after kissing her. So how could hers have changed at all? I hugged her goodbye and gently kissed her forehead as we stopped at her front door. (y/n)'s small smile only crushed my heart as she thanked me and went inside. What could I do now? As I walked back home, I fumbled with my phone, debating on telling someone or talking to anyone or just doing anything. After tormenting myself with sad thoughts, I eventually decided to call Suga, knowing that he wouldn't really make fun of me or make me even more sad.

"Taehyung, what's up?" Suga asked, clearly confused as I hardly ever called him.
"Just trying to forget something, hyung." I sighed, cold spikes still piercing my heart, "You free to talk?"
"Yeah." Suga worriedly responded, "You okay?"
"Sure." I stopped walking, just staring at the ground in front of my feet as my voice cracked. How could I possibly be okay?
"What happened?" Suga paused to hear no response from me, worry now growing in his voice. "Taehyung, where are you? Who are you with?"
"Hyung." I sobbed, tears forming around my eyes. "I'm alone." I furiously wiped the tears away from my face, I was so pathetic.
"What's wr-" Suga started but was quickly cut of by me.
"Sorry." I mumbled, still rubbing the tears away. "I shouldn't have called. I can't." I quickly hung up the phone and shoved it in my pocket after silencing it.

I slowly walked through the streets, with no real destination or plans. With no distractions, I let my mind go wild. Memories with (y/n) flashed through to break my heart even more. Other random thoughts burst throughout my mind, slowly breaking me down. But I couldn't help it. The world was supposed to change after that kiss, but it didn't. I looked up to the sky, to see that it was still perfectly blue and the sun was still brightly shining. As if I was supposed to be happy right now. Where were the clouds when I needed them to relate with me? I turned and saw a playground full of happy, laughing children. Why was everything so much happier than me?

(y/n)'s POV:
After Taehyung dropped me off at my house, I collapsed on my bed, clutching the eevee stuffed animal as if my life depended on it. It was so cute and precious, just like Taehyung. But it made me want to cry, or disappear. I couldn't break Taehyung's heart. I just can't. But there really was no change after kissing him. I rolled over on my bed, why was the world like this? Why couldn't something have changed so that I could just be Taehyung's soulmate? What went wrong? My mind quickly swirled into another vortex of horrible thoughts. Why was I like this?

Tired of the sadness and depressing thoughts I put upon myself, I grabbed my phone and dialled Mark's number. I just needed to talk to someone, anyone besides Taehyung. Almost immediately, Mark picked up his phone.

[E] "Mark?"
[E] "Hey (y/n)!" I could practically picture him smiling at me.
[E] "You picked up pretty quickly, missed me?" I giggled, knowing that teasing him would easily make me feel happier.
[E] "I was just bored of studying!" He quickly responded, clearly flustered which made me giggle a bit more. "What's up?"
[E] "Are you free to talk?" I asked pausing to hear him hum in response before I continued, "I just kind of want to forget something that happened today."

I lightly smiled when Mark agreed to talk to me for the next half an hour as he had things to do later. Listening to Mark talk about his interesting life made it much easier for me to kind of forget the struggle I had with Taehyung. It was especially entertaining as this was definitely the most I have ever heard Mark say at once. After ending the call with Mark I sadly looked at the eevee stuffed animal Taehyung won for me. I sadly sighed as I placed it underneath my bed, maybe I could just forget about what happened today.