Chapter 10

author's note
okay sorry i haven't uploaded in a while. but just for this story, as i forgot to mention it earlier, Taehyung's siblings are going to be young in this. sorry i'm horrible at background information and writing stories. but in this story you and Taehyung are first years in high school so i'm just going to say you are both 16 years old. so then i'm going to make Eon Jin 9 years old and Jeong Gyu 6 years old. i don't know their real ages in comparison to Taehyung, so let's just pretend. i just really love little kids so wanted to make his siblings young hahaha. and sorry this chapter is just kind of filler :((
---------------------------------------------

Taehyung's POV:
I went upstairs and took a nice long shower, warming up my entire body after being drenched in cold water for so long. After I finished and dried off, I put on the warmest sleeping clothes I had as I was still very cold. I was definitely going to be sick because I was so stupid and was in the freezing rain for so long. I truly am an idiot, poor (y/n) even stayed standing out in the cold with me for longer because I didn't have an umbrella. That was really nice of her but I would have preferred if she just ignored me, she didn't have to suffer in the cold longer because of how stupid I am. I hope she wouldn't get sick too. Blush rose to my face as I remembered that she stood with me at the side of the street, keeping me dry from the rain.

I laid down on my bed, encircling myself with the warmth of my many blankets and couple of stuffed animals, as I checked my phone. I sighed as I saw all of the worried texts from all the other BTS members. Sometimes I swear they cared about me more than they cared about themselves. My phone was filled with messages from all of them, Where are you right now? Why did you leave school early? What happened with (y/n)? Do you need anything? I smiled at all of their worried texts, they were so funny. Especially Jin's texts, he acted as if I was his son or something. If I told him I was sick, not only would he make sure I got better but he'd also give me a giant lecture in hopes that I would prevent sickness. I put down my phone, allowing the warmth of my bed comfort me as I hugged my lion stuffed animal and fell asleep.

I woke up later to my siblings bouncing on my bed, trying to wake me up. I moaned as I felt way worse than when I went to sleep and knew that I was sick. Once they noticed I was awake, Eon Jin touched her hand against my forehead causing me to wriggle under my sheets. Her hand was so cold compared the warmth I had around me before hand. Coughs escaped my mouth as I hid under the blanket, and I tried my best to hide them. They couldn't know I was sick. But unfortunately, I couldn't hide the fact that I was sick from Eon Jin.

"Oh no!" Eon Jin sadly yelled as she tried to pull the sheets away from me, only causing me to burrow deeper into my bed. "You're sick, aren't you?" She tried pulling the sheets away from me, meaning I had to respond.
"I'm just tired. What's up?" I reluctantly emerged from the comfort of my bed to look at her, trying my best to appear fine. "What time is it? Did you finish your homework? What do you need help with?"
"We are hungry!" Jeong Gyu whined, "I already finished my homework! Can we eat now?"
"Where are mom and dad?" I frantically grabbed my phone to check the time, they should be home by now, it was already 18:00 (6PM). I coughed a lot as I abruptly sat up and tried to get out of bed.
"Don't you remember? They left on a business trip this morning." Eon Jin sadly looked at me, "They aren't returning until next week."
"Oh sorry, I forgot." I tried to hold back my coughs as I pushed them out of my room, "Let me change really quick then we will go out."
"Wait!" Eon Jin pushed me a bit, "You are sick!" She touched my forehead again, making me shiver. "You can't go outside! You need to rest!"
"I'm fine." I pushed her out of my room, "Go wait downstairs and we'll go somewhere when I come down."

Despite her unhappy groans, I shut the door and looked around my closet. I quickly changed into a plain white t-shirt and black skinny jeans. After throwing on my large gray sweater and black socks, I grabbed my phone, keys, and wallet. Opening my wallet, I frowned to see no money inside. I rubbed my face and stretched as I called my dad. They must have left money or a credit card for us to use before they left, I remember they did last time they went on a business trip. My dad didn't pick up the phone but instead sent me a text telling me to grab the credit card from their bedroom and to be safe. I ran to get the credit card then downstairs to the front door where Eon Jin and Jeong Gyu were waiting, with their rain boots and raincoats already on. I softly smiled at them as I put on my white sneakers. I peeked out the window and saw that it was still raining, but by now it had really lightened up so there was just a light sprinkle. I grabbed the largest umbrella and opened the door before stepping outside and opening the umbrella. Both of them then stepped outside and waited for me as I shut and locked the front door. However as soon as I looked at the two of them again, Jeong Gyu had already run ahead and was splashing in puddles. I smiled and laughed which caused a few coughs to escape and Eon Jin to shoot me a worried look.

"Jeong Gyu!" I called after him as he kept running and I walked alongside Eon Jin, "Come back here! You can play later!"
"Okay!" He yelled back after he began to run towards me. But then he fell, causing Eon Jin and I to giggle. I saw the tears forming around his eyes but he tried to seem cool and grown up, so he didn't cry or whine.
"You okay?" I scooped him up from the sidewalk and carried him as Eon Jin held the umbrella. "What do you guys want to eat?"
"Soup!" Eon Jin smiled, "Soup is good for a rainy day like today, especially since Hyung is sick."
"I want ice cream!" Jeong Gyu looked at me, hoping I'd say yes.
"So how about we go somewhere for soup then grab ice cream at the convenience store to eat on the way back?"

They both nodded and we continued walking. As we got on busier streets, I held Eon Jin's hand and gave Jeong Gyu a piggy back ride. I had to be a good older brother for them, I couldn't be a failure for them. As I led them throughout the city, I realized I was walking around all the places I usually hang out with the rest of BTS at. Then as if that thought had called them all over, I saw them all running down the street.