Chapter 6

Taehyung's POV:
I'm such an idiot! Why did I do that? I hit my head against my desk and just laid there. I'm so stupid, I'm such a coward. I shouldn't have said anything now, I should have been there this morning. I turned my head to the side and looked at my right hand, it was just holding onto (y/n)'s wrist a few minutes ago. I shut my eyes, I shouldn't think about her. I shouldn't be around her, I've only been around her a few times and I've always made her feel awkward, nervous, or embarrassed.

"V," Jungkook shook me a little bit, "what the heck was that?" I heard him laugh.
"Leave me alone." I groaned, putting my face right against the desk again.
"I'm only trying to help you!" Jungkook laughed, "You're the only one of us who hasn't dated someone yet."
"Leave (y/n) alone." I looked at him in the eyes, "I mean it. Don't talk to her."
"Why not?" Jungkook whined, pouting at me.
"I'll beat you up, I'm serious. Don't talk to her or embarrass her."
"Does V have a crush???" Jungkook chimed, smiling.
"No. I just don't want (y/n) to be harassed or anything anymore."
"Anymore?"
"Don't act like you didn't do anything to her already." I glared at him."If you only talked to her, she wouldn't have panicked as soon as I mentioned your names and this morning. She wouldn't have run away from me."
"Then find her." Jungkook tried lifting me from my chair. "Go talk to her."
"What?" I slouched more in my seat, trying to make him give up. There's no way I could reasonably talk to (y/n) right now. I felt so bad for her, I'd be so nervous, I would mess up, I wouldn't know what to say; I'd make the situation worse.
"Go talk to her before I do." I looked at Jungkook straight in the eyes as he smiled and began to walk away. I immediately jumped out of my seat and pushed him back.
"No!" I yelled, catching the attention of my classmates once again. "I'm going. I already told you, leave her alone."

Jungkook simply laughed as I stormed out of the classroom. He made me so unbelievably angry. Just because I talked to (y/n), he harassed her. There was no way they just talked this morning. There was no way I was going to let Jungkook, or anyone else from BTS, talk to (y/n) again. She did nothing wrong, yet because I talked to her and she talked to me, she was put into many embarrassing situations. It's all my fault, I should have never talked to her. I bet getting one detention would have been better and less embarrassing than going through everything I was putting (y/n) through.

I keep running through the halls, searching for (y/n). It wasn't until I was on the complete opposite side of the school until I saw her. I swear I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces when I saw her. She was huddled right against the corner of the hallway, with her knees brought close to her body. Her face was completely covered by her knees but I could hear her quietly crying. Her arms hugged her legs closer, as she tried to stifle her tears. I felt so bad, I almost began to cry just looking at her. I'm such an idiot, how could I let this happen?

(y/n)'s POV:
I hid myself away in the furthest part of the school, hoping no one would ever find me. Tears stained my uniform as I pulled my legs towards my face. I wish I didn't go to school today, I wish no one would ever talk to me again, I wish I just payed attention in class yesterday so Taehyung wouldn't have talked to me. I was so incredibly embarrassed. First the incident in the hallway this morning, then the whole class staring at me and Taehyung. My heart was still beating like crazy, I couldn't control it. I pushed my face deeper into my legs, I hardly ever cried so why was I sobbing right now? Only one thing came to my mind, V. In just one day, he completely changed my world.

Before I met him I hardly ever felt emotions or cried. Now, my heart beats like crazy just thinking about him, and I was sobbing for no real reason. I felt so nervous and embarrassed. Nothing was the same. Nothing would ever be the same. But I had to return to class, face him again, finish the project. As I looked up from my knees, I saw him.

"(y-y/n)," He stammered, shocked and nervous.
"W-what are you doing here?" I wiped the tears from my face, I can't believe he found me here crying.
"I-I" He began crying, "I'm so sorry. I-I've ruined your life. It's all my fault. I'm sorry."
"Taehyung..." I walked over to him, nearly speechless. He felt so guilty that he was crying in front of me. He wasn't even trying to hide it. I've never seen a guy cry before, I had no idea what to do. How could I help him? I was literally just crying.
"I-I'm sorry." He uttered between sobs, "I c-couldn't protect you. I embarrassed you so much. It's all because of me, I'm such a bad person."
"No," I whispered before pulling him into a hug, "you aren't a bad person."
"B-but..." He nestled his head in the crook of my neck, seeking forgiveness. "It's all my fault. They did something bad to you this morning, didn't they? They would have left you alone if I neve-"
"V..." I awkwardly pushed him back so he was looking at me. I saw the tears all over his face, his eyes were slightly red. Wiping the tears off of his face, I slightly smiled at him. "Don't cry." I pretended I was fine, "Everything is okay, you didn't do anything wrong."
"Don't lie to me." He slightly growled, tears forming around his eyes once again. "I-I saw you crying. I didn't do anything wrong because I had no courage, I didn't do anything. I'm a coward."

I didn't know what to say, I couldn't think of anything to say. I was completely shocked, confused, and nervous. Tears flooded my vision as Taehyung turned around and muttered more apologies. The tears made everything a blur, but I saw V begin to run away. I wanted to chase after him, reassure him, make him feel happy, but I couldn't. I couldn't help him, I was sobbing, I didn't know how I could help him. I curled back into a ball in the corner of the hallway. My uniform was soaked in both my tears and Taehyung's tears. He felt so bad and guilty because of me, and there was nothing I could do to comfort him. I'm so useless. How would I ever face him again?